What's new

Match Footage - Royal Storm SonicFox Builds 3 Bars from Throwing Fans

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't know why the YOMI guys use KL vs. Fox's Kitana. She has some tough matchups that go against her, yet they opt for one that is probably 5-5. Maybe it's a pride thing.

Or maybe Slayer just didn't care about an online set. Who knows.
He did go to his Kung Jin -- but it didn't go any better. Not sure what character he mains that's best against her, but it didn't seem to matter to Sonic at all.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He did? I just saw KL and that's it.
Yeah, he brought out his Shaolin. I think one of the commentators mentioned that he'd beaten Fox with Lao before and maybe that's why he started there -- but in either case, the switch didn't seem to help him out much, haha.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Mediocre and average are synonyms of each other. Contrary to how people use mediocre on TYM, the correct meaning isn't bad, but average, middle of the road etc more or less.
Specifically, Mediocre means being of just barely passable quality (70 would be a mediocre grade, whereas 75 would be "average"), it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as average but the terms are interchangable, but only for the absolute bottom of what qualifies for average. So saying Kitana's zoning is "average at best" does not necessarily qualify it as "mediocre" as one doesn't necessarily draw from that statement that her zoning is on the brink of unviability.

Mediocre would be something one would use to describe Ferra/Torr zoning, wherein it serves its purpose and can be considered "zoning", but if it were even slightly worse or put into a situation where any situation works against it (projectiles that can't be eaten, for example) then it would stop being a viable option. Whereas if Kitana were to struggle with zoning, she could still zone and reap SOME result, but not as good of a result as someone whose kit fits a more universal situation.

Average > Mediocre, but the bottom of Average and the top of Mediocre are in the same spot.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
He did go to his Kung Jin -- but it didn't go any better. Not sure what character he mains that's best against her, but it didn't seem to matter to Sonic at all.
I wouldn't necessarily say it didn't go any better. Slayer was able to take a round off of Sonic's Kitana with Shaolin Jin and could've taken a set had he not dropped a combo. Same thing at NEC. Slayer wasn't able to do anything with Lao against Kitana, but was able to reset the bracket with Jin.

It seems like the Royal Storm MU is more manageable for Shaolin than Tempest.