What's new

Match Footage - Royal Storm SonicFox Builds 3 Bars from Throwing Fans

Skedar70

Noob
Kitana is far from the worst, neither is she a character with "no options". However, she is not the best either. She is a SOLID upper mid character. People tend to focus on what she cannot do such as "no 50/50, no win" but do not focus on what she can do. Meter is more important in MK then just about any other fighter and Kitana does that well. She also does have some zoning ability along with the ability to slow down jumping with full combo punishes.

She has losing match ups, but she has winning ones too.....
Which do you think are her losing match ups?

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
She has losing match ups, but she has winning ones too.....
Shes a beast I think everybody in the kit community says this, I even uplay assassin.
But its annoying when there is a post on how she is unbeatable, followed by the enviable sonicfox vid.......

I think the last tournament kitprime was called a downplayer by the other caster when he just said "its sonicfox not the character really" (phrasing heavily)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She is very good but she is oretty honest TBH.
About her 21 on block into B1... Anyone with an 8F or faster special or anyone with a 7F normal can get out of it or at least trade with her, but why not just block it? It's not like she will jail you for hours like other characters. Her counter would be 21 into D1 but her D1's frame data is not good.

She has options but it's not like she is mixing you up, has unstoppable pressure, or chipping you out.

As for her zoning... It is very good, but you canget around it, she is the best scrub exposer, she blows up desperate people, rabbits and people who just block all her fans and people who complain about her probably get hit by D1~fan.

21 into b14 into fan or whatever that string is, builds more than half bar on block and does pretty much good chip and half of the cast doesnt has answer against her 21 +2 and 9 frame b1, 5 fr j1 e.t.c.

P.S. kitana zonner characer has faster, better standing normals than Lao pressure character, you probably say but range not that good bla bla bla...actually b1 or b14 has good range. she doesnt need range on her normals when she has that fans, and she doesnt need fast standing normals too, only maybe pokes should be faster but not standing normals.
Her jump ins are pretty bad TBH othe than the range on them, you can neutral duck them at most ranges to make it whiff, she can use levitate but LSBH, nobody should get hit by levitate, you can react to it. Also Lao has the best AA in the game -___-
Kitana doesn't have better normals than Lao! His S1 that leads into a huge and safe OR PLUS on block string, his B3 is a great mid that does the same than his 1212214 or however that string is, F2 has very good range, D4 is better than her D4 and D1, he has a fast overhead, his jump 2 is the best in the game, nobody can AA that shit constantly.
I agree that she has very good normals, but when you compare hers to Lao's they aren't that good.

And I'm sorry Lao has a potential 4-6, I'm sorry he can't jump like an idiot against her just like he does against other characters, I'm sorry he can't just divekick or j2 his way in freely, I'm sorry he has to actually be patient. Lao players must struggle with their character :( #PrayForLaoPlayers

HanSolo

Noob
Kitana is fine.

Whenever sonic does well with a character people will cry op. Remember how many times you read "erron top 5" on this forum months back?
....Most recent list has him at A-tier.

N00B

Noob
She is very good but she is oretty honest TBH.
About her 21 on block into B1... Anyone with an 8F or faster special or anyone with a 7F normal can get out of it or at least trade with her, but why not just block it? It's not like she will jail you for hours like other characters. Her counter would be 21 into D1 but her D1's frame data is not good.

She has options but it's not like she is mixing you up, has unstoppable pressure, or chipping you out.

As for her zoning... It is very good, but you canget around it, she is the best scrub exposer, she blows up desperate people, rabbits and people who just block all her fans and people who complain about her probably get hit by D1~fan.

Her jump ins are pretty bad TBH othe than the range on them, you can neutral duck them at most ranges to make it whiff, she can use levitate but LSBH, nobody should get hit by levitate, you can react to it. Also Lao has the best AA in the game -___-
Kitana doesn't have better normals than Lao! His S1 that leads into a huge and safe OR PLUS on block string, his B3 is a great mid that does the same than his 1212214 or however that string is, F2 has very good range, D4 is better than her D4 and D1, he has a fast overhead, his jump 2 is the best in the game, nobody can AA that shit constantly.
I agree that she has very good normals, but when you compare hers to Lao's they aren't that good.

And I'm sorry Lao has a potential 4-6, I'm sorry he can't jump like an idiot against her just like he does against other characters, I'm sorry he can't just divekick or j2 his way in freely, I'm sorry he has to actually be patient. Lao players must struggle with their character :( #PrayForLaoPlayers

Oh another troll...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I dont think ANYONE has complained about how "mediocre" her zoning is or how she "doesn't build enough meter".

We cried when she was potentially the worst character in the game. We then got what we desperately deserved. The only thing we ask for is assassin to be buffed but other than that, we've been quite fine with what we have.

Not sure why this was made.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
wat ?!.... a safe "ish" projectile, that pops in the air for a full combo, without using meter, and you want this shite to be a mid ?!..... GTFO !!!

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Can someone who knows this MU explain to me why Slayer kept poking under and blocking so much against fans instead of just neutral ducking? I don't understand.
I actually asked someone why they did that...i think i asked honeybee and something something keeping up momentum

N00B

Noob
Or an accurate description of the character.
Accurate descriptions wouldve be if he not if he did not write unnecessary words, hints, etc.
But still all has their own opinions and someone blown up and simply can not respond adequately to the opinions of others and add unnecessary words, hints, e.t.c.
He think im wrong, i think he is wrong. Opinions is different and to continue the discussion is pointless, if someone troll you or whatever its called in internet.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Accurate descriptions wouldve be if he not if he did not write unnecessary words, hints, etc.
But still all has their own opinions and someone blown up and simply can not respond adequately to the opinions of others and add unnecessary words, hints, e.t.c.
He think im wrong, i think he is wrong. Opinions is different and to continue the discussion is pointless, if someone troll you or whatever its called in internet.
And I think you're misinformed about your own character and his matchup against Kitana.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Can someone who knows this MU explain to me why Slayer kept poking under and blocking so much against fans instead of just neutral ducking? I don't understand.
When you poke under projectiles your get up time to walk closer to your opponent will be correct so you won't face the problem where you get up too quick and get hit by the fan. To this, Sonic started punishing his pokes with f2, 2 that has so much range. So, Slayer stopped doing the pokes and started just ducking, but now he was getting up too early...so he opted for just taking the chip by blocking and at least he was moving forward a little as oposed to getting hit and not advance at all.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Kitana is fine.

Whenever sonic does well with a character people will cry op. Remember how many times you read "erron top 5" on this forum months back?
....Most recent list has him at A-tier.
Erron was top 5 at launch. No question. The change came from the fact that his tackle was insanely plus on hit, which gave an already strong mixup character another mixup of his choice if he hit you with it. It could also allow him to easily set up another tick throw mixup with 21122 right after the tackle. If Erron got you in the corner (which is extremely easy for him) Erron players could just tackle, 21122, and mix you up over and over until they were sure you liked your new holes. Tackle no longer has such insane properties after the patch, so now Erron players have to make reads and play smarter, thus leading to him being less highly-regarded.

Last edited: