What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonic Pound OTG Corner Death Trap by Zyphox

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
harleys f3 is similar but doesnt hit crossup after a knockdown
I tried this out, but couldn't prevent a wake-up. Invincibility frames prevented the f3 from hitting. I used 1,1,2 and 3,3 as untechable knockdowns, is it some other string that needs to be used? Does the f3 need to be MB'd? Are you sure it works the same way as the Flash's case here?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
I tried this out, but couldn't prevent a wake-up. Invincibility frames prevented the f3 from hitting. I used 1,1,2 and 3,3 as untechable knockdowns, is it some other string that needs to be used? Does the f3 need to be MB'd? Are you sure it works the same way as the Flash's case here?
no im saying harleys f3 is similar to flashes ground pound but it doesnt crossup or prevent wakeups because flashes is a glitch.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
obviously not intended. why are you guys praising finding exploits but complain when they get removed?
harleys f3 is similar but doesnt hit crossup after a knockdown
how do you know this was not intended? was superman's f23 breathe brainless pressure intended? this tech is different than the sweep otg tech, maybe they will patch it out, maybe they won't. the only way to patch this out is to negate the OTG properties of this move. its not a glitch, compared to doing a normal and OTG'ing with a normal, thats a glitch, this should stay how it is, the flash needs it.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
well the fact that it prevents wakeups and randomly crosses up is a good indicator but the most compelling evidence is probably the fact that theyre patching it out just like cyborgs fireballs and deathstrokes guns. flashes wakeup pressure is fine he has a low and overhead starter why add an ambiguous crossup to that?
now im gonna sk you again whats so bad about flash that he needs buffs? in other words if they were to remove this otg pound what would you suggest he get instead?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
well the fact that it prevents wakeups and randomly crosses up is a good indicator but the most compelling evidence is probably the fact that theyre patching it out just like cyborgs fireballs and deathstrokes guns. flashes wakeup pressure is fine he has a low and overhead starter why add an ambiguous crossup to that?
now im gonna sk you again whats so bad about flash that he needs buffs? in other words if they were to remove this otg pound what would you suggest he get instead?

There is a thread about it on flash's gameplay session.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I HEARD FROM CDJR FLASH SUCKS
CDjr didn't know about all the flash tech before making his assumption.... but he is right, the obvious problem the flash has needs to be fixed before all the tech me and the rest of the flash community discovered becomes useful, REO was telling me about how broken he was in the beta and how dumb nrs nerfed him, he could has used a lot of the stuff taken away from him to be viable, not all of it but some like a 9frame b2 for example, also all his mids that need to be mids not highs.

Sprint

Noob
There is nothing special about Sonic Pound, and it is not hitting OTG. This happens with anything that hits the opponent out of the first frame of their wakeup.

Also, for some reason a reversal Super will still work if inputted as 2+3+mb.

The game appears to require players to be in a neutral state before they can perform a move, which also applies to reversals. The result is that the game forces a player into a neutral state for one frame before their reversal is processed, and you can force them to block on wakeup by hitting them on this frame. It isn't easy to do since the opponent is incredibly close to the ground while they're standing up, and attacks in this game tend to have very few active frames.

You can try it with any character by simply doing two sweeps in a row - get the timing absolutely perfect and even though the opponent can block, they cannot perform a reversal unless it is a Super.