What's new

Some perspective to the Freddy DLC from inside a game industry office

Xess

Noob
I understand its a way of making money, but why Freddy?? How did they know he'd bring such hype? It's not like there has been a Nightmare movie recently. I mean, there must have been other guest characters that would bring new customers=/

You cannot choose not to download him during Tournaments, since there WILL be people that will use him, and you will be forced to face him.
There is no avoiding him there.
Most tourneys don't allow kratos and dlc so I woulnt worry about this too much

Kwon

---->----
I understand its a way of making money, but why Freddy?? How did they know he'd bring such hype? It's not like there has been a Nightmare movie recently. I mean, there must have been other guest characters that would bring new customers=/
Easy marketing-ploy of getting new influx of customers, more money.

It's a business. :)

The Reason for it to be Freddy and not Barney is Warner Bros choice i believe, not NRS.

Xess

Noob
Easy marketing-ploy of getting new influx of customers, more money.

It's a business. :)

The Reason for it to be Freddy and not Barney is Warner Bros choice i believe, not NRS.
I get that, but doesn't WB have the rights to other guest stars? If I had to choose a horror character it would be Aliens and Predators, somehow i think that would get better reception, iuno.

aj1701

Noob
well fuck NRS I don't give a shit about that they are money begging bitches and it now shows they don't give a fuck who they disappoint along the way this destroys everything they have done to make MK better
I can only imagine that you don't want any more MK games. I mean, how do you think the NRS employees pay their bills?

Seriously, no one is going to make MK for free.

One more (and hopefully last) thing on this, I never liked freddy as an icon since his crimes were extreme in the movies, esp the remake. So, Idk, I know its fiction but I dont rly like that aspect of it at all. Just saying.

BTW the only guest char I really wanted was Spawn tbh.

Well to be fair this game let's you play as an evil man who steals others souls and a insane prince who wants to enslave entire worlds, and a necromancer.

Yeah I see what you mean but like you said it's fiction and we've already played baddies that rival even Freddy in sick crimes.

MKK hanzo

Either way this was going to happen guys. This way or with a POSSIBLE Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2/Warner Brothers next year. Cause I DONT think they are going to release an all new MK next year.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I would very respectfully disagree with this.

I am a Producer/Designer of an MMORPG coming out later this year, and have worked on several titles. I can tell you from experience, it doesn't help a game company to cater to a very few and niche group of hardcore players. The casuals are what generate the bulk of revenue to NRS. Trust me... while this is weird and unexpected, this is going to generate tons of revenue. This will guarantee that WB will support both NRS and MK for a while to come. I truly believe this is a good thing for the game and its longevity.

If NRS makes money, WB is pleased. If WB is pleased, MK will keep coming to us for years to come. It's how the industry works. If the only people supporting and paying for MK and MK updates are people on this site, kiss our restored MK goodbye. I think NRS actually made a very smart move here.

-CaliMaestro
:congrats:

Fuckin' A.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
NRS needs more money? Didn't they sell more copies than any other fighting game?

I could care less though, I already bought the season pass. This is better than Tanya at least.
You could care less? How much less. Are you at the level of 100% care or of 1% care?