What's new

Question Solomon push the damage thread

Gruff757

The Gruff
So a lot of people talked about Power Chain doing more damage than Health Chain if done with MB GRave Rot active. I end most of my combos with the reset (MB Swamp Hands MB Grave Rot B1 Trait - for me it's the most practical way to implement GR). And I find that in this situation the second part of the reset Being a Health Chain does 38-40% (depending on how many times the MB Grave Rot hits). But if I do the Power Chain it does 40-42%. Sometimes it does even more but that is situational. And when you have Power Chain Boost level 2 active I usually get 41-44% for Health Chain and 43-46% for Power Chain. I found that very interesting.
yah the grave rot with power chain does more solely because of the animation and is really good for pushing damage before getting clashed and when closing out a match because the Power Chain is also the only one where the opponent has to wait until the very end to clash out of, which is REALLY good imo

yah the grave rot with power chain does more solely because of the animation and is really good for pushing damage before getting clashed and when closing out a match because the Power Chain is also the only one where the opponent has to wait until the very end to clash out of, which is REALLY good imo
Oh, so it is only clashable before the final hit, and other chains are clashable at any point?

While we are at it, can you tell me if I understand this right. In corner combos like Cross over Ji2 B1 MB Walking Corpse(into the wall) - now the 1 B2 MB Dead Air after that does the most damage, but I find that Part of it whiffs sometimes on small hitbox characters like catwoman or killer frost, so I go for 11 MB Dead Air. Is this right or is it just my timing that messes it all up?

Gruff757

The Gruff
While we are at it, can you tell me if I understand this right. In corner combos like Cross over Ji2 B1 MB Walking Corpse(into the wall) - now the 1 B2 MB Dead Air after that does the most damage, but I find that Part of it whiffs sometimes on small hitbox characters like catwoman or killer frost, so I go for 11 MB Dead Air. Is this right or is it just my timing that messes it all up?
i honestly couldnt tell you, because i am one of the worst players execution wise lol

ask BurdManJR270

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
It will still hit on smaller characters, the timing is just a lot more strict then it would be on bigger characters, like Lex.

It will still hit on smaller characters, the timing is just a lot more strict then it would be on bigger characters, like Lex.
So in an actual match it would probably be more practical to use 11 MB Dead air as it is harder to drop on smaller characters? I have a 100% reset in the corner with 11 MB Dead Air anyway, so I guess there is no point in adding damage to this at the risk of dropping it:)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
corner combo NO reset NO trait NO grave rot active
ji2 b1 MB grave rot , 2 MB swamp hands , ji2 b1 MB walking corpse, 2 MB dead air , b1 dead air , 2 health trait 97%
:cool:

corner combo NO reset NO trait NO grave rot active
ji2 b1 MB grave rot , 2 MB swamp hands , ji2 b1 MB walking corpse, 2 MB dead air , b1 dead air , 2 health trait 97%
:cool:
ji2 is almost never going to happen in that situation. Raw b1 can work as anti jump on wakeup. Most likely you'll open with a 112. whats the damage starting with a realistic starter 112 or b1.

Gruff757

The Gruff
ji2 is almost never going to happen in that situation. Raw b1 can work as anti jump on wakeup. Most likely you'll open with a 112. whats the damage starting with a realistic starter 112 or b1.
to be fair this is just damage potential thread

I made one of these for Skarlet when she was just being explored. The goal was to post videos and inputs of combos doing maximum damage. It doesn't matter how hard or how practical they are. After the damage barrier is broken, we can narrow down what is practical.
although we do have an idea on what's practical, he is simply doing what the whole point of the thread was, to push the damage.

to be fair this is just damage potential thread

although we do have an idea on what's practical, he is simply doing what the whole point of the thread was, to push the damage.

Seriously? I can read thanks. I asked a question pointed out its impractical and asked the practical damage. That doesn't mean I don't know what this thread is about. i asked a valid question and still waiting on the answer. Thanks for your input though I guess...

On a side note while we do have an idea of what is practical most of the people don't. I see the 100%+ combo's talked about by non grundy players and they seem to think it's impractical which is my main reason for complaining about it in the first place.

fr stack

wow , im not replying other than to say this . ... grundy as a character isnt practical go pick superman , also read the thread name its not the tourny viable combo thread

wow , im not replying other than to say this . ... grundy as a character isnt practical go pick superman , also read the thread name its not the tourny viable combo thread

Seriously I already went over that last post? I'm aware of what the thread is about and not bashing it. At least it identifies itself as such as opposed to so many other combo's that don't. I asked the question because I was at work and couldn't test it.

Superman is good but he's wesker. As the game progresses he won't be as effective. With current trends of nerfing grundy actually has moved up in viability. Batman would be a better choice in your example. He's unlikely to move down since he has mix ups and set ups and tools to fight in most matches or black adam for the same reasons. And I"m picking up adam anyway.

1truking 112 MB swamp hands ji2 b1 MB walking corpse , 2 MBdead air , b1 dead air , 2 health trait 83%

Thank you. I checked it out when i got home. Seems to be a viable corner combo should update the bnb thread with it.

fr stack

Seriously I already went over that last post? I'm aware of what the thread is about and not bashing it. At least it identifies itself as such as opposed to so many other combo's that don't. I asked the question because I was at work and couldn't test it.

Superman is good but he's wesker. As the game progresses he won't be as effective. With current trends of nerfing grundy actually has moved up in viability. Batman would be a better choice in your example. He's unlikely to move down since he has mix ups and set ups and tools to fight in most matches or black adam for the same reasons. And I"m picking up adam anyway.

Thank you. I checked it out when i got home. Seems to be a viable corner combo should update the bnb thread with it.
apologies for my snippy tone by the way it was early :)

Not sure if this has been posted.. but does this count? Haven't seen anyone I've been playing against get out of this.

Ji2 , 112 , BF2 MB - F13 , DB2 MB - Ji2 B1 (Pause reset) B3 , Ji3, 11 , Trait Health (81%).

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Not sure if this has been posted.. but does this count? Haven't seen anyone I've been playing against get out of this.

Ji2 , 112 , BF2 MB - F13 , DB2 MB - Ji2 B1 (Pause reset) B3 , Ji3, 11 , Trait Health (81%).
How will you manage the B3 that is totally blockable.