@Josh Owens
Aquaman- 4-6
Ares- 6-4
Bane- 4-6
Batgirl- 5-5
Batman- 4-6
Black Adam- 5-5 possibly 4-6
Catwoman- 4-6
Cyborg- 4-6 (5-5 with defense trait and life lead)
Deathstroke- 5-5
Doomsday- 5-5
Flash- 4-6
Green Arrow- 5-5, possibly 4-6
Green Lantern- 4-6
Harley Quinn- 4-6
Hawkgirl- 3-7
The Joker- 6-4
Killer frost- 5-5.5, possibly 4-6
Sex luthor- 4-6 possibly 3-7
Lobo- 7-3 possibly 8-2
Martian- 5-5
Nightwing- 4-6
Raven- 6-4
Scorpion- 5-5.5
Shazam- a lot of people say 4-6 Shazam but I believe it's a 5-5.
Sinestro- 4-6
Solomon Grundy- 5-5 (whoever does WC the most wins :))
Superman- 4-6
WoWo- 5-5.5
Zatanna- 5-5.5
Zod- 4-6

Last edited by a moderator:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.

If anyone could give me some advice on the Nightwing match I'd appreciate it. The above video is a set I played with a NW player I met a couple of weeks ago, he was originally a Bane player but swapped to NW recently. The last time I played his NW I lost very badly, I think the final tally was 11 or 12 to him and 2 or 3 to me. I did much better in the recent set but there are still some things I need to look into, his corner game when he has meter in staff stance is extremely frustrating, I'm very reluctant to push block due to the range he has and it costs two bars. Really need to look at the frames for that stuff.

At this point I feel the chip trait is definitely the way to go, that way he still builds really good meter from pressure but he isn't taking any damage off you and more importantly it allows you to be patient, which I am guilty of not being. I think the worst part about the match is the opening, that first hit and bar is everything and taking the first hit into a chip trait combo takes way one aspect of his game. But I feel his start of the match options are much better.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Edit: So apparently NW's D1 is a mid not a low, please don't blow me up too bad for not knowing that lol

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Chip trait as priority.

Use wc/c to get underneath him and open him up. try to stay on top of him and if he gets distance just block everything.

Honestly if you're not patient with grundy you should probably switch character.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
vs NW I like to use Health Trait.

This is because a blocked wing dings = dash forward, d1 ex swamphands.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Start of the match.
Standing 2 beats all of NW options outside of jump back wing dings.

I've played this MU way too much.

5-5 for sure. It is all about getting the right trait at the right time, and not dropping combo's.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
VS Nightwing you must get chip trait if you have the life lead or even close to it to help against zoning. When Nightwing has to come to you then the game is different, Nightwing's crossup bullshit can be countered by Grundy's anti air throw (I believe haven't tested this recently) and his D2 helps great. Standing 2 into swamp hands, WCC, tick throws, and resets are extremely important to learn in this matchup.

Also near the end of the opponents lifebar you should do power chain because it is unclashable until the end of the chain.

Also you land alot of D2, 1,1, trait but if you have a bar available you should learn to do D2 1,1, EX Swamp Hands, J2, B1, trait which does a decent amount of damage.

Last edited:

JTB123

Appreciate the feedback guys, had a chance to play the same guy again after a lengthy session in the "lab" and I did significantly better. Played 10 games and it was 7-3 to me. Discovering that his D1 is a mid has changed a lot, after 5 blocked D1's he is out of range for any more and has to do something different, also having a stage where I can do background bounce combos is huge as that makes up the damage for using the chip trait as that deals the least amount of damage out of his grabs. His D1 doing zero chip is huge IMO because it allows you to chill out and pick your spot to get out. Also learned some punishes for things I didn't know before like flying grayson and staff spin.

It's a weird match in that I think it's it NW's favour until you get that chip trait, one you have that it takes away a huge part of his game and forces him to come to you if you after you land it you have a life lead and if not it's let you take your time getting in and obtaining that life lead and it lets you chill out when he's pressuring you.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You have to know how to block using Grundy

You could ALWAYS interrupt the staff d1 d1 d1 with WC. This forces him to do d1~spin which is NOT plus on block.

Just wait until you face someone that realizes that they can b3 out of ALL tick throw setups and MB B3 everything out of 112 and f13.
It isn't the fact that chip trait changes the MU, because it doesn't. NW is still going to try and bait a WC or Swamp Hands so he can wing ding you to death and then get free jump ins.

There is so much more than you guys haven't experienced in this MU. I'll try and run another set with Chance and record it so you can see..... but NW in escrima is the danger, not in staff.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

You could ALWAYS interrupt the staff d1 d1 d1 with WC. This forces him to do d1~spin which is NOT plus on block.

Just wait until you face someone that realizes that they can b3 out of ALL tick throw setups and MB B3 everything out of 112 and f13.
It isn't the fact that chip trait changes the MU, because it doesn't. NW is still going to try and bait a WC or Swamp Hands so he can wing ding you to death and then get free jump ins.

There is so much more than you guys haven't experienced in this MU. I'll try and run another set with Chance and record it so you can see..... but NW in escrima is the danger, not in staff.
Staff is a joke...

but that MBb3 shit I've been trying to say for a while now... shit is NUTS. (its seriously making Grundy DROP in tiers!). I have to use more 113 now just so I don't get effing MB'd

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Staff is a joke...

but that MBb3 shit I've been trying to say for a while now... shit is NUTS. (its seriously making Grundy DROP in tiers!). I have to use more 113 now just so I don't get effing MB'd
You should just use standing 2.
112 is still good, because you can still do Dead Air and he can't do anything about it. The MBB3 works in your favor though. Because they have to commit to it off of that string. You can simply do 112 (pause) and then hold a MBF3. You're still only spending the 1 bar you would of spent, and you get your trait. Those two things combined will then allow you to sneak in a tick throw.
That is why background bounces are so important. It makes the string entirely safe.

I don't think this mind game makes him drop... but it doesn't help by any means. It is still an opportunity for you as a player to make a good read and get your huge ass damage. It just takes away "free" damage, as i liked to call it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
NRF CharlieMurphy Standing two doesn't build enough meter. I wish I could use 1b2 if it didn't send the opponent FLYING
agreed on both points

however, 2 WCC d2~4 is hard as balls to react to, and if standing 2 hits, the d2 can't be interrupted (by everything i've tried at least). That DOES build good meter.
The more i've used this in my game, the more "free damage" i've been getting. I stole this directly from Tyrant and really consider it his best "string".

I dont' have to tell you that 1b2 is just retard strong in the corner though.

I also failed to say that HC 11 into 113 when you dont' have a bar of meter is kinda a must.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
MB Staff Spin is something like +18 or so on block. High advantage.

Rude

No, but he can use the advantage to do MB ground pound which is a low combo starter, or the standing 2 overheard launcher. Of course, the latter can be WWC through.

Rude

Or...I dunno, maybe at +18 he could throw. Does WCCs negate throws? I'm really asking.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The only thing he gets for free off of a MB spin midscreen is anything 17 frames or less and has the range to hit after the pushback. Anything else can be WCC.

JTB123

I am trying to get faster with my WC out of block stuff but that is something I find very tricky online and D1 staff will beat a WC (at least it does everytime I try it) do to it slowing you down and being 5 hits, and the MB version is plus on block and you have to respect him afterwards. Definitely something I'll work on though and for now is the main reason I like the chip trait, he isn't doing any substantial chip damage to me. Could just be that particular player, and I know he wasn't aware of ways to get out of some of the stuff I was doing.

I would like to see a set showcasing Escrima, I have never played a NW that uses that stance really well, will look forward to the vid if you could record it :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I am trying to get faster with my WC out of block stuff but that is something I find very tricky online and D1 staff will beat a WC (at least it does everytime I try it) do to it slowing you down and being 5 hits, and the MB version is plus on block and you have to respect him afterwards. Definitely something I'll work on though and for now is the main reason I like the chip trait, he isn't doing any substantial chip damage to me. Could just be that particular player, and I know he wasn't aware of ways to get out of some of the stuff I was doing.

I would like to see a set showcasing Escrima, I have never played a NW that uses that stance really well, will look forward to the vid if you could record it :)
If I don't get it recorded soon I would def. find TakeAChance if you're on xbox.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"

If anyone could give me some advice on the Nightwing match I'd appreciate it. The above video is a set I played with a NW player I met a couple of weeks ago, he was originally a Bane player but swapped to NW recently. The last time I played his NW I lost very badly, I think the final tally was 11 or 12 to him and 2 or 3 to me. I did much better in the recent set but there are still some things I need to look into, his corner game when he has meter in staff stance is extremely frustrating, I'm very reluctant to push block due to the range he has and it costs two bars. Really need to look at the frames for that stuff.

At this point I feel the chip trait is definitely the way to go, that way he still builds really good meter from pressure but he isn't taking any damage off you and more importantly it allows you to be patient, which I am guilty of not being. I think the worst part about the match is the opening, that first hit and bar is everything and taking the first hit into a chip trait combo takes way one aspect of his game. But I feel his start of the match options are much better.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Edit: So apparently NW's D1 is a mid not a low, please don't blow me up too bad for not knowing that lol
Not the best Grundy (not my main) but somethings I do know:
NW's projectile during Escrima stance is as slow as fuck, just DB2(MB) through it.
You jump way too much, IMO outside combos and setups Grundy should jump only with 1 as an A2A.
Like others said, his 2 is really good.
More patience. If you're not patient at least push block.
Learn timing for DB2 followed by DB2 (pretty sure they can't jump it)
Maximize dmg from combos, you miss so many % with these simple ones
And obviously more WCC FTW

JTB123

CommonNick Thanks for the comments, I get really mad playing NW and have a tendency to start jumping like crazy because I want to do damage, definitely a bad habit of mine.

Espio

Kokomo
Hello all, so I'm looking for Grundy experience with my Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl if anybody's interested.

I haven't played this match up with Hawkgirl against a serious Grundy main since probably July and only a tiny bit ever with Martian Manhunter.

My PSN is Espio872 :).