What's new

So supposedly there's some nerfs coming for the god tier?

Loot

the special effects
By the way, I just like to point out that Loot was correct. His teleport is canceled by grab. I just did it a couple times and it being done to me a couple times. I see the sound and him flashing white for a split second but the grab works regardless. Just thought I'd share it with the community.
It takes 11 frames for him to disappear so you have to be somewhat of a Jedi/luck.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
dude, i never asked for any sub buffs. in so many of my streams i used to tell ppl that sub didnt need any buffs. i made 1 "what if" thread listing buffs that others had mentioned in previous threads.

god this shit is getting fucking ridiculous.
Tell me about it. People need to realize that the game is still too young. They need to let it evolve and mature before any more serious talk of nerfs or buffs is to take place. What will put a (relative) stop of this talk is for NRS to make an official announcement that there won't be any gameplay changes coming for the foreseeable future. That will end the speculations and motivate people to stop whining and complaining and go to practice mode for a change.

Albo

Noob
Tell me about it. People need to realize that the game is still too young. They need to let it evolve and mature before any more serious talk of nerfs or buffs is to take place. What will put a (relative) stop of this talk is for NRS to make an official announcement that there won't be any gameplay changes coming for the foreseeable future. That will end the speculations and motivate people to stop whining and complaining and go to practice mode for a change.
think i heard somewhere, might have been on the kymk9 show with aris that NRS are doing the smart thing and not listening to the community at times like this where people are going buff/nerf mad. they know their own game, they've been working on this professionally for over two years, we've had it for a few months. we are biased in our opinions, they are not. i have faith in their decisions.

sLeeK

Noob
think i heard somewhere, might have been on the kymk9 show with aris that NRS are doing the smart thing and not listening to the community at times like this where people are going buff/nerf mad. they know their own game, they've been working on this professionally for over two years, we've had it for a few months. we are biased in our opinions, they are not. i have faith in their decisions.
I know one thing it takes balls to say what you just said lol As of right now I'm questioning their decision's on cages nerfs/reptiles nerfs and adding armor to his slide. Raiden always gives me trouble, but I'm not going to run around and say NERF NERF NERF.. I thought he was fine the way he is, but alas I'm not a game developer so I will try and keep my faith with their decisions.

Just extremely salty on what this patch with do to cage/reptile ..

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Teleport needs to be interruptible. No legitimate argument can be mounted against this.
O rly? The last hit of :fk:fk:bk and the second and third hits of :l:fk:fp:bp can be interrupted on block by armored moves (or a 6 frame attack). All hits in these strings can be canceled with teleport. So if you feel your opponent is going to go for an interrupt, you can teleport around it and (hopefully) punish their whiff. If Raiden's teleport is adjusted to be easily stuffed, vs. any opponent with with armor or a 6 frame move, he is fucked.

For the last few weeks, I've been feeling that Raiden's placement on the tier list is extremely suspect. His biggest strength is that he plays completely differently than the rest of the cast, so you have to fight him completely differently. It can be almost impossible to beat a competent Raiden online, but offline... not so much. You lose the fight to Raiden more often than not because you get brain-raped into fighting inside of his vortex of bullshit. Seriously, if you just slow yourself down and fight Raiden one step at a time (offline), you'll do so much better. If he's ever in a situation where he has to play aggressor, he's at such a disadvantage against you since his offense fucking sucks.

Look at the cold hard numbers on Raiden, he doesn't really have anything good. Teleport can't be stuffed, but it's extremely punishable. Superman is pretty neat, but it's a big risk outside of a need for a fast advancing punishment tool or a combo ender. His only all-around good tool is his :r:bp:bk string, which nobody is talking about here.

Raiden's good, he can be a bitch to fight. But vs. Raiden is a situation where you lose to your opponent, not his character choice. Raiden reminds me so much of SFIV-era Dictator. It's all mind-games and traps; elements of fighting games reliant on player skill rather than LOL MY CHARACTER IS AWESOME.

His teleport sucks anyway, everytime he does it hes at major disadvantage afterwards, unless for some stupid reason the other player was blocking. Worst thing is that the teleport is all he has.

I dont play him but i reckon they should make him + at the end of his strings again
:jerkoff:

No seriously, I touched myself. I agree with that whole post so fucking hard and I really don't even play Raiden.

If people on this forum took 25% of the time they spend bitching about who and what they think is OP and dedicated it to actually learning the match-ups Raiden would have probably been knocked out of top tier months ago.