What's new

So supposedly there's some nerfs coming for the god tier?

Loot

the special effects
Proof? Because I am sure as hell it is impossible, mainly because his startup teleport is much faster than the grabbing or d1.......... Please post some proof before you start running your mouth.
Being faster means little, as we saw at EVO Reptile was grabbed out of his EX Dash from a throw.

Theme

Noob
Being faster means little, as we saw at EVO Reptile was grabbed out of his EX Dash from a throw.
Okay... Elbow dash and Raiden's teleport is quite literally two different specials and moves altogether... So where is this proof? I just tried it in practice mode and I assure you, its quite impossible unless the grab was initiated and makes contact first. If the moves are done at the same time, the grab is whiffed... so if you'd be so kind as to provide proof.

Cerebru

Noob
All I would like to see is Raiden's teleport be interruptable at startup like everyone else's (except Smoke but you already know how punishable he is on block). This wouldn't interfere with any of his combos and he wouldn't be able to get out of jail free all the time.
If that happens Kano will be your new best friend. Long Live Raiden!!!!!!

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
by the way raiden can punish kano's up ball..with 121 shocker..!how great is this?

Warplay

Noob
Luckily I'm good with multiple characters both on the top tier and the bottom, so nerfs don't bother me. I just hope Quan Chi gets some improvements and I will be happy. It'd be nice if Raiden is left unchanged, but oh well. Any word on when these changes will take place?

Raiman

Noob
NRS should take away Raidens block infinate and make a blocked Vicinity Blast hit all low hitbox characters. So a blocked 334 Vicinity Blast would work on oh, lets say...... Reptile!

Albo

Noob
NRS should take away Raidens block infinate and make a blocked Vicinity Blast hit all low hitbox characters. So a blocked 334 Vicinity Blast would work on oh, lets say...... Reptile!
your wish has been granted, well part of it anyway.

@DreamRea1m
DreamRealm @pakostevens Been hearing rumors of big Raiden nerfs, could you say anything on this to set them straight? What will be the changes?
6 Aug via Mobile Web
pakostevens Paulo Garcia

@ @DreamRea1m removing the inescapable block traps.
10 hours ago

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
His teleport sucks anyway, everytime he does it hes at major disadvantage afterwards, unless for some stupid reason the other player was blocking. Worst thing is that the teleport is all he has.

I dont play him but i reckon they should make him + at the end of his strings again

Albo

Noob
His teleport sucks anyway, everytime he does it hes at major disadvantage afterwards, unless for some stupid reason the other player was blocking. Worst thing is that the teleport is all he has.

I dont play him but i reckon they should make him + at the end of his strings again
foxy he's at a massive advantage if he links his strings with vicinity blast but some characters are immune because they have low hitboxes. i agree with raiman on this, instead of making his strings plus, i think it would be a better idea (if at all realistically possible from a developer viewpoint) to make vc hit all characters on block after the 334 and b314 strings regardless of their hitbox. this makes it crucial for a raiden player to link vc blast after his strings so he can get advantage. then again maybe NR have a good reason for not being able to hit those low hitbox characters with vc and we don't know it yet.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I like that idea. If they are going to take away something from him, give him something as well to be fair. I would also vote for making one of his useless string f+2, 3, 1+2 or b+2, f+3, 1+2 start with a Low. Give him something, don't just nurf him. Pretty much all he's got right now is that teleport. I didn't really see anybody make use of Vicinity Blast traps at EVO anyway, and I haven't encountered anybody online that uses them. Might have just been false alarm. I am getting concerned that NRS is going crazy with those nerfs. As soon as somebody makes a thread on TYM and complains about something it seems NRS is just waiting there with the nurf-bat. It's getting to be too much already.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
the only thing i see that needs to be nerfed is that block infinite and that teleport trap crap

I would also like to see some of those useless strings be able to actually be useful some how like Raidenwins said

Raiman

Noob
foxy he's at a massive advantage if he links his strings with vicinity blast but some characters are immune because they have low hitboxes. i agree with raiman on this, instead of making his strings plus, i think it would be a better idea (if at all realistically possible from a developer viewpoint) to make vc hit all characters on block after the 334 and b314 strings regardless of their hitbox. this makes it crucial for a raiden player to link vc blast after his strings so he can get advantage. then again maybe NR have a good reason for not being able to hit those low hitbox characters with vc and we don't know it yet.
I PMed Tom Brady and he said NRS might fix hitbox issues in a future patch, but he's not sure

Theme

Noob
By the way, I just like to point out that Loot was correct. His teleport is canceled by grab. I just did it a couple times and it being done to me a couple times. I see the sound and him flashing white for a split second but the grab works regardless. Just thought I'd share it with the community.

This. What if NRS doesn't want a tier list and in fact wants every character to be on relatively equal footing so that player skill is the determining factor over game mechanics? Weird concept to have all characters on as close to equal footing as possible. I honestly don't know if this next statement is 100% accurate, but it seems to me that SFIV has a dozen or more characters no one plays because they aren't "S-tier". That sounds super fun...
you got it backwards. only a dozen or so are actually played. the rest nobody plays.

this post should be in the sub zero thread
dude, i never asked for any sub buffs. in so many of my streams i used to tell ppl that sub didnt need any buffs. i made 1 "what if" thread listing buffs that others had mentioned in previous threads.

god this shit is getting fucking ridiculous.

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
dude, i never asked for any sub buffs. in so many of my streams i used to tell ppl that sub didnt need any buffs. i made 1 "what if" thread listing buffs that others had mentioned in previous threads.

Hey tom, have you been to the kung lao forums lately? I avoid it like the plague.

yes it is. its going to destroy the game if nrs listens to this.

Theme

Noob
is it ever possible to go any period of time without any talk of buffs or nerfs?
Its an old topic. I just posted something informative, and thus this topic was brought back up from the vacants list. And no, you cant expect a huge of a community as this to just sit idly twiddling their thumbs. There will always be nerf and buff threads so long as new people begin to play the game. Its nothing you can get away from it. If you dont like it, simply dont view it. You should already have a clue what you are going into when you saw the name of the thread anyways.

Lol the state of that thread is in shambles :confused:
The only reason its in shambles is because of the personal attacks etc. I think its a pretty good discussion thread minus all the drama.