What's new

So...opinions?

skumz

What do you think of her from what you saw? I am so feeling her!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Basicallly what I figure, she's a magician, so I new that her damage will be "weak" I suppose, going by what the commitators said, but she has a bag of tricks to get her damage. I couldn't be happier she has all the tools I like from a character and looks amazing. Time to take Injustice seriously.

skumz

Basicallly what I figure, she's a magician, so I new that her damage will be "weak" I suppose, going by what the commitators said, but she has a bag of tricks to get her damage. I couldn't be happier she has all the tools I like from a character and looks amazing. Time to take Injustice seriously.

Exactly how I feel. She doesn't do a lot of damage combo wise but if you take the time and dedicate to learn her. She is gonna mind fuck a lot if people. I am excited!

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
From what I've heard, I'm really excited. Smoke and Mirrors is going to destroy people.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Exactly how I feel. She doesn't do a lot of damage combo wise but if you take the time and dedicate to learn her. She is gonna mind fuck a lot if people. I am excited!

Agreed, She's been the only character I wanted to play since this game was ever rumored, I'm so happy that she finally became a reality.
Also, I think her "easy" damage will be on the weaker side, I'm willing to be she has to be very creative to get that meaty damage.
One more thing, I really hope she's not an aerobatic character, but she probably is though.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I really hope she's not an aerobatic character, but she probably is though.

the AI zatanna did a dive kick from the tv in arkham so its safe to say shes a aerobatic character.

did like what was shown though and looking forward to here release

doing that smoke and mirrors after a hard knockdown or stun state is going to fuck people up. probably take whole life bars with vortex like batgirl.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Its hilarious how many people have already made sigs and changed their avatars to zatanna. What if you don't like the way she plays? I was soooo hyped for MMH, I was super bummed that he didn't make the original roster. Glad I didn't jump the gun because for now at least, he doesn't suit me.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Its hilarious how many people have already made sigs and changed their avatars to zatanna. What if you don't like the way she plays? I was soooo hyped for MMH, I was super bummed that he didn't make the original roster. Glad I didn't jump the gun because for now at least, he doesn't suit me.
Then we keep our sigs and avatars cuz she's awesome, or we change them?

August

yssalc sa lleh
I was admittedly a bit disappointed by the trailer. Mostly for somewhat minor details like her voice, lack of backward-speaking, and the fact that she doesn't have too many moves that relate to stage magicians, like the card move. But after watching the stream, I'm very happy with how she turned out. Strong mid-range game with lots of tools and tricky setups? My kinda character. :)

skumz

Why do you care, like seriously? Lol

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
- Stream Analysis -

What do you make of her Smoke & Mirrors move?
Does it seem like the move is pure gimmicks or does it hold some usefulness behind it?
What set-ups can be used with this move? (or into)

F21 seems to push opponents back too far away for a follow up (19:30). I suppose a teleport is a must to continue mix-ups?
If that doesn't work for the standing reset, then her standing reset would be MB zombie walk, J2, Legs... for 1 bar.
Either way, she might be a vortex heavy character.

I also noticed her trait lasts for 10 seconds and recharges in 5 seconds.

Discuss... :)

AspyxiaDyslexia-
Zatanna
@ZatannaMainers

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
- Stream Analysis -

Does it seem like the move is pure gimmicks or does it hold some usefulness behind it?

F21 seems to push opponents back too far away for a follow up (19:30). I suppose a teleport is a must to continue mix-ups?
If that doesn't work for the standing reset, then her standing reset would be MB zombie walk, J2, Legs... for 1 bar.

AspyxiaDyslexia-
Zatanna
@ZatannaMainers
I'm sure she'll have strings and combo enders that she can end with a cancel into Smoke and Mirrors. These string will leave perfect positioning for a crossup depending on the illusion you pick. For example, you might have a string that leaves them the distance at the start of a match. For that, you'd cancel and input the first illusion. When you jump, it'll be a crossup, but they probably will block a regular jump in. Or, the next time you do it, you select the middle illusion so that it's not a cross up. I think jump ins will be the major thing.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
- Stream Analysis -

AspyxiaDyslexia-
Zatanna
@ZatannaMainers
After F21 you can probably cancel into playing cards and then start zoning.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What i've seen from her so far...
* Vortex (her vortex with consist on 4 different possible mixups.. Two will use one bar and the other two will use two bars... But that low launcher can be continued with a string instead of those kicks)

* That ilusion spell is where you have to choose in which ilusion are you going to be... This will be a gimmick.. You can choose the first one. Or tha last one.. Jump in and they don't know in which side you are going to hit... Also i guess this will be punisheable by certain D2's. I think this move is going to be used at the end of a string... No against zoning, no against anything else... Youst after a string after a combo.)

* Trait: i am disappointed because you can't jump or block, it will be useless in a lot of match ups! Of course that absorbing will help against characters that try to zone her while in that stance... But that stance seems pretty...pretty risky. The only thing that could save it is if you can end the stance whenever you want)

* That playing cards move looks like a great footsie... & Hard knockdown (we will search a lot of good thing with it, endimg combos with it & following by fireball or teleport ;) )

* Her damage is good! Also please stop crying about it! -_- a character like this one can't be making so much damage... But we are lucky that her damage is SO solid)

* Levitation... Well... It disappointed me as well since it seems pretty slow.. & it has recovery... It will be SO helpful on match ups like Superman, but let's see what else we can do with it)

* Fireball is sadly a high move

* She depends a lot on her meter

* Unique style

* Fast (on her primary stance)

* A balanced character :)