What's new

Question So....is anybody else actually trying to main Skarlet

Mr. Rager

Mr. IhaveacrushonBi-Han
You know I really want to alt her, but she is tricky and unorthodox as fuck to play, let alone master, which matches her playstyle and even character concept to an extent perfectly.
I want to make her my Second but your right. Unorthodox as hell.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Love the community here! I'm a Kitana boy...(she got me top 16 at Devastation), my 2nd is Sindel and I'm currently working on Sheeva. However, I've been itching to get back with Skarlet. I picked her up on the day she was released and LOVED her. But then, for some unkown reason, I stopped using her. How is she post patch? What's changed?

Drayn0

Noob
Love the community here! I'm a Kitana boy...(she got me top 16 at Devastation), my 2nd is Sindel and I'm currently working on Sheeva. However, I've been itching to get back with Skarlet. I picked her up on the day she was released and LOVED her. But then, for some unkown reason, I stopped using her. How is she post patch? What's changed?
The patch hit her harder than almost any character. Her play-style is a tad different from pre-patch skarlet. She is still an amazing character with lots of potential though.

Changes: Slide into up-slash/ down-slash are gone.
Both throws do 11 percent.
U3 is fixed
Skarlet has to wait 10 frames before she can cancel daggers and daggers now do 2 percent.

Idk why they decided to nerfed the damage on the daggers to 2 percent. That's the part that annoys me the most. If anything the damage on the daggers should have been buffed, considering both daggers can never combo into each other

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Been Using her alot more lately, getting the hang of it now - so many people are just confused as fuck when i pick her, they have no clue what to do against skarlet. Nobody playing her is good and bad - for those that do play her, pretty much noone has matchup against her, which Allmost allways gives you the upperhand in the fight, downside is that shes such a good Char, deserves so much more attention! - Im seriously thinking of saying goodbye to mileena for her now, love, love, love skarlet.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Hmm, allthough, the online lag hits her pretty hard :/ Shes my offline main now, But im sticking to mileena/kitana online. Unless the game is pretty much lag free.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Even with the Nerfs, she still completely kicks ass. So dont let latest patch stop you! We'd love to welcome another Skarlet to our Small but loving Skarlet Club ;)

My only problem is, I love to play with her but there are so many people to lazy to download the compatibility packs or the other dumb excuse I hear is why should I download it when I can't play as her. So being able to play with her online is difficult. These packs should have been mandatory, it pisses me off that I paid for the character but can't play with her because some people won't download the packs.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
My only problem is, I love to play with her but there are so many people to lazy to download the compatibility packs or the other dumb excuse I hear is why should I download it when I can't play as her. So being able to play with her online is difficult. These packs should have been mandatory, it pisses me off that I paid for the character but can't play with her because some people won't download the packs.
I've found that the people who don't have the compatability pack on XBL by now typically aren't very good. Play a basic Sub Zero in these matchups and you'll be fine. At least, that's what I've found in Online 1's Ranked. If you're playing in KoTH rooms and such, good luck.

I've found that the people who don't have the compatability pack on XBL by now typically aren't very good. Play a basic Sub Zero in these matchups and you'll be fine. At least, that's what I've found in Online 1's Ranked. If you're playing in KoTH rooms and such, good luck.
Need more then luck in a KOTH room LOL. All it takes is one person to jump in with out the packs. I really hate being in a room where it seems like everyone there has the packs and right before I go to fight someone joins the room with out the pack and boom, no Scarlet. :(

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I use Skarlet.

Don't use her online though as her :bp:fp:bp:fp+:bp string won't always dial online, very frustrating.

And because online players don't understand her or know how to block against anything she doe's, it makes it harder to have an interesting rush down with her, instead, all i need to do is Slides into overheads, boring as it gets, and not very good for habbits, considering the stuff that shouldn't work, works.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I use Skarlet.

Don't use her online though as her :bp:fp:bp:fp+:bp string won't always dial online, very frustrating.

And because online players don't understand her or know how to block against anything she doe's, it makes it harder to have an interesting rush down with her, instead, all i need to do is Slides into overheads, boring as it gets, and not very good for habbits, considering the stuff that shouldn't work, works.
Aye, online isn't great. Any intelligent player offline is going to beat the over-used Down Slash right out of you fairly quickly, even though it works all day online

UsedForGlue

Aye, online isn't great. Any intelligent player offline is going to beat the over-used Down Slash right out of you fairly quickly, even though it works all day online
Exactly, so for me, there is no point using Skarlet online, as its terrible for habbits, as only the stuff that should work works on them. Good offline opponents will know how to block, and that ironically makes it easier to get an effective rush down game.

Exactly, so for me, there is no point using Skarlet online, as its terrible for habbits, as only the stuff that should work works on them. Good offline opponents will know how to block, and that ironically makes it easier to get an effective rush down game.
Which in turn brings up the question, why use Scarlet?? As much as I love beating friends on 1 vs 1 at home I wanted to be able to use her more often online so I can get better with her. She does have her flaws no doubt, but she is still a good character. So if she's not good online, then what DLC character do you suggest for online use. I really don't like using the regular list of characters, I like to different. Probably why I use Baraka sometimes and not the over used sub-zero scorpion, noob, smoke. :\

UsedForGlue

Which in turn brings up the question, why use Scarlet?? As much as I love beating friends on 1 vs 1 at home I wanted to be able to use her more often online so I can get better with her. She does have her flaws no doubt, but she is still a good character. So if she's not good online, then what DLC character do you suggest for online use. I really don't like using the regular list of characters, I like to different. Probably why I use Baraka sometimes and not the over used sub-zero scorpion, noob, smoke. :\
All the DLC are good. Kenshi is fantastic in lag.
Skarlet sucks online and rain is a great all round character.