What's new

Question So....is anybody else actually trying to main Skarlet

I notice a huge lack of Skarlet players online. I use her as my 2nd these days and she is great if you can get her basic stuff down. I haven't gotten that good with her but your right, dagger cancels are key to good mixups.

sad

Banned
I am - by far - below average player. My winning record in player matches is clearly negative and I have not played much ranked ones (for weird reason that is positive). Mortal Kombat 9 is the fist fighting game I have played (since Mortal Kombat 1 on my PC).

Skarlet has been my main character as long as she was released. I chose her to be my main because it was fun to play with her... and she is bloody hot. She has fast projectile and teleport to help noobs like me. However her kombos are a bit too hard for me to learn. I can manage to do consistently only 29 % kombo (no bars).

The best thing about Skarlet on my skill level is, that she does not have bad match ups. The worst is, that she has too hard kombos and game play for noobs. It is much easier to pull more punishing kombos with other characters (for example Liu Kang's 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1 etc is braindead).

Anyway, I keep playing with her in the future also. I wish that top level Skarlet would be seen in top 8 in the future tournaments (after they let DCL characters to participate). It would be fascinating to watch and learn (even if I could ever repeat those kombos or gameplay).

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I got fucking walloped by a Skarlet last night. Ususally I play trash Skarlets but this guy knew what he was doing. I had no idea how to defend, or when to poke. I realize I know next to nothing about fighting a good Skarlet. I'm guessing I'm not alone. Someone should be taking advantage of her.

Jay9k

Noob
gotta remember shes not the most popular mk character most people already had there mains picked out when she came out so she became a alt character for most people i like her but i prefer kenshi

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I'm mostly maining her now in lieu of Stryker since my poor cop is so abysmal. She plays like him, but she can actually make good on threatening the opponent at the end of her zoning.

gotta remember shes not the most popular mk character most people already had there mains picked out when she came out so she became a alt character for most people i like her but i prefer kenshi
That doesn't mean anything when you have so many threads of "I'm maining *insert DLC character here*!!!" I don't see how she would be any different, I guess people just think she's too hard to use?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Been putting her out more than (she's been my 2nd alt for a while now) and kunai canceling can be very tits, even against heavy zoners.

Jay9k

Noob
That doesn't mean anything when you have so many threads of "I'm maining *insert DLC character here*!!!" I don't see how she would be any different, I guess people just think she's too hard to use?
well ya when a DLC character first comes out they look super cool and amazing people might start using them for a week or two then go back to there real mains and alts shes not all that hard to use but ya people might think shes really hard tbh i like hard characters and plus you have to remember seeing a character in a trailer and actually playing them is completely different someone who said they where gonna main skarlet could drop her and go back to there scorpion just cause they dont like how her special moves work =/

I'm serious guys... Skarlet is looking to be an exrtemely good character. Her tools are so good, people just have to get past her unpopularity and difficult learning curve.

im trying to main her but one thing that bothers me is when people dont have the pack so they can fight skarlet....im really bad at learning 2 characters at the same time

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
I was interested in messing around with Skarlet for a bit. I learned most of her combos, a few setups and resets and took her online for a few matches. But, realising that she's going to change made me want to hold off until the patch is released.

I'm ~580/120 with Skarlet in ranked, TS 40-42, with many of those "losses" actually disconnects due to shitty netcode (I never quit). Skarlet is a beast. How she handles post patch depends heavily on the length of her dagger cancel delay as most bnbs rely on it. 50% 1meter launchers that put opponents in the corner are arguably broken, but her mechanics aren't THAT hard to learn, so I would say they're unfair. Feel free to challenge me on XBL anytime, I'll show you how I play her.

I will be maining her post patch as well - I have new bnb 30%+ meterless resets that work based on what we know will be patched on her. A hint for other Skarlets looking to make post patch combos: she differs in timing from most characters' combos, but in other ways she's just like, say, SubZero

Good luck!
Hey man, I'm trying to learn Skarlet, I'm going to give you an add.

Can someone please direct me to where it's been confirmed that she's going to be nerfed in the next patch? I haven't seen it, and I'm really hoping it isn't so.

Jay9k

Noob
honestly though i may start using her im getting a lil bored of my characters so ya and she fits my rushdown/reset style :D

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If anyone wants to work on matchups/strategy w/ Skarlet add me on XBL. Interested on learning all things blood!
Feel free to add me if you want help. I think I'm now 750/130 with Skarlet in ranked...with probably 50% of those losses coming from "game session no longer available" d/c's zz. Not trying to brag, just trying to convey that I've had quite a bit of matchup experience, albeit online. TS41 I think right now which puts me in the top..8? in ranked singles.

Cage is similar to Skarlet's twitch/rushdown playstyle for anyone looking for an alternate.

Not hating on Kitana, she is my main and always will be, but won't be playing her much cause of the patch. Skarlet is interesting as hell, I got my ass whooped by her so now I want to know the secrecy from her.

Ninj your video got me to start maining skarlet so hell you can be anything you want in this club we got here haha and yeah verstande skarlet like shes a boss when used right !