What's new

Tech - Cyrax So I think I broke the game.. Cryax 7 bomb meterless midscreen combo 41% found by GGG EIN

Wigy

There it is...
How - it is on block cannot make it bad. It's a 10 frame advancing mid that advances far enough to hit at the start of the match. Johnny Cage can use his, that has better range, to get jailing pressure. What other character can do that? That doesn't mean that Triborg's is bad, because you actually have to use it to punish stuff with pushback, whiff punish, and to space your opponent, rather than to just bulldoze your opponent without caution. This is just like when people would say that Cassie Cage's B1 isn't good, because you could armor through the following string, and that the first couple hits were super minus. Please.

Outside of Cage's F3 and Kotal's B1 idk if i'd take any mid over Triborg's. There are a lot of good ones. Lao's F2, Cassie's B1, Jax's F3, Alien's F1, Mileena's B1, D'vorah's F1, etc. I think it's safe to say that Triborg's is just as good as any of those and whichever good ones I left off.
You're objectively trying to make yourself believe this, its -10 on the first hit, has a gap between the second hit NORMALS can punish and the last hit you can duck and punish.

Its purely a punish string. Its not going to win you matches its worse than d'voras f1 jcs f3 cassies b1 jaxes f1 etc etc etc.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
For most characters mids aren't going to be used for staggered pressure or run cancels. Compare it to the other mids in the game, when it comes to whiff punishing, punishing in general, or spacing, and it's arguably top 3.

I'm assuming there's some kind of group chat formed where Triborg players think of how to downplay. 2 days in and it's out of hand.
Do you even listen to yourself? It's two hits, the first hit is unsafe on block, the second can be ducked. Oh, and if that's not enough for you, it has a gap. If you really think that constitues as a top 3 mid then I honestly don't know what to say. It's a good move for whiff punishing thanks to its advancing range, but calling it top 3 when it has very blatant issues is absolutely absurd.

You literally said in another thread that F4 gives Triborg tremendous pressure. A move that is unsafe on block, gives tremendous pressure. Let me repeat that, you said a move that is unsafe on block gives tremendous pressure.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
You're objectively trying to make yourself believe this, its -10 on the first hit, has a gap between the second hit NORMALS can punish and the last hit you can duck and punish.

Its purely a punish string. Its not going to win you matches its worse than d'voras f1 jcs f3 cassies b1 jaxes f1 etc etc etc.
Lol you're trying to downplay the move by saying that it doesn't have a quality that it doesn't need. I'm not trying to make myself believe anything. Look at yourself.

F4 xx net combos. Does that not lead into a full combo?
Yes... yes it does. :(

Also F43 EX air grab 4 net is a thing too. So yeah, it's pretty good.

If anyone has the frame data available, what's the cancel advantage on F4? would F4 net still be hit out by a normal? if so, then yeah.. it's not as good as the other advancing mids where you can't do that, since F4 on block could probably be punished regardless of the followup used.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Lol you're trying to downplay the move by saying that it doesn't have a quality that it doesn't need. I'm not trying to make myself believe anything. Look at yourself.
You can use it pretty much exclusively as a whiff punisher/force enemy to respect you after +frames. And even then its unsafe evrrywhere HOW IS THAT TOP 3. I genuinely have no idea where you're coming from

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
He has to launch the bomb first right, you guys realise if you give Daulist the same set-up he can hit you for like 60%? This really doesn't look at all worrisome, if it was anyone other than Cyrax who people are just waiting for a reason to call broke, nobody would even blink twice at this. Character looks nice but this looks gimmicky.

He has to launch the bomb first right, you guys realise if you give Daulist the same set-up he can hit you for like 60%? This really doesn't look at all worrisome, if it was anyone other than Cyrax who people are just waiting for a reason to call broke, nobody would even blink twice at this. Character looks nice but this looks gimmicky.

It can be done after landing net thu, so its viable i guess.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It can be done after landing net thu, so its viable i guess.
oh true dat

viable but if you end in a net its just reset pressure

I mean heaps of characters reset into neutral you just gotta block the restand pressure, thats their BnBs

character looks fine to me so far

br8kz

YouTuber
Hey Guys,

So I've been labbing with Cyrax for about an hour now and found this crazy new tech where you can continuously use bombs in a combo if you time it properly. Haven't seen it anywhere else online yet but it's pretty swaggy. I almost feel like i can keep continuing the combo if i keep alternating close bombs and mid bombs after certain strings (i realized the game doesnt cap how many bombs you can use in a combo, you just can't use the same type of bombs in a row ie. close bomb into close bomb). I'm sure more people can find more ways to extend this combo (using nets, ex saw, ex air grab, ex bombs) but just wanted show what's possible for now. I have some other ideas on how to keep this combo going without meter but it's getting late and I want to fine tune it before i post it. Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think!

Video here.

-EIN
BEAST lol the best i can do is

EIN

Noob
Ok everyone let's settle down... I think everyone is missing the point of the OP (assuming people didnt read the post but only the title and saw the vid). I know the combo scales heavily with a net a start up but the damage is not the point. My main point is that the game doesn't cap how many meterless bombs you can use in a combo as long as you are on point with your execution, i mean almost JF execution (i was able to loop in two more bombs in the same combo making it 9 bombs total but timing is retarded!). I think im on the verge of looping close bomb into mid bomb over and over for a possible infinite... or if not, stupid meterless damage while building meter. Hopefully that clears things up. Also, if anyone else wants to try to help me try to figure out which strings into which bombs are viable after 5-6 bombs and is easier to execute, i'm all ears. Cheers!

Last edited:

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Ok everyone let's settle down... I think everyone is missing the point of the OP (assuming people didnt read the post but only the title and saw the vid). I know the combo scales heavily with a net a start up but the damage is not the point. My main point is that the game doesn't cap how many meterless bombs you can use in a combo as long as you are on point with your execution, i mean almost JF execution (i was able to loop in two more bombs in the same combo making it 9 bombs total but timing is (soap bar in my mouth)!). I think im on the verge of looping close bomb into mid bomb over and over for a possible infinite... or if not, stupid meterless damage. Hopefully that clear things up. Also, if anyone else wants to try to help me try to figure out which strings into which bombs are viable after 5-6 bombs and is easier to execute, i'm all ears. Cheers!
Exactly. It doesn't matter if it scales hard with net. If I get even 2% more and build more meter from more bombs it will be worth doing.