What's new

Tech - Cyrax So I think I broke the game.. Cryax 7 bomb meterless midscreen combo 41% found by GGG EIN

EIN

Noob
Hey Guys,

So I've been labbing with Cyrax for about an hour now and found this crazy new tech where you can continuously use bombs in a combo if you time it properly. Haven't seen it anywhere else online yet but it's pretty swaggy. I almost feel like i can keep continuing the combo if i keep alternating close bombs and mid bombs after certain strings (i realized the game doesnt cap how many bombs you can use in a combo, you just can't use the same type of bombs in a row ie. close bomb into close bomb). I'm sure more people can find more ways to extend this combo (using nets, ex saw, ex air grab, ex bombs) but just wanted show what's possible for now. I have some other ideas on how to keep this combo going without meter but it's getting late and I want to fine tune it before i post it. Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think!

Video here.

-EIN

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
@EIN Comboing into net and doing this scales REALLY bad. I end up with 35% instead of the 41% so I don't think it's worth it when I can get 62% 1 bar resets with the net into the hard to blockable. I will admit this is really nice though. Maybe we can build off some what you're doing and make it optimal. Thanks man. Great find!

Reactions: EIN

EIN

Noob
@EIN Comboing into net and doing this scales REALLY bad. I end up with 35% instead of the 41% so I don't think it's worth it when I can get 62% 1 bar resets with the net into the hard to blockable. I will admit this is really nice though. Maybe we can build off some what you're doing and make it optimal. Thanks man. Great find!
Exactly. I just want this to be some kind of foundation proving that you can use more than just the average 3-4 bombs meterless. This guy gets it :)

EIN

Noob
So my theory was right. The game doesn't cap how many bombs you can use as long as you alternate close bomb and mid bomb, the problem is figuring out timing and what space you need to be in with using certain strings. I was able to squeeze in two more bombs in the combo video above by using the F1,3 string (since the second hit is low) and then special cancelling that into another bomb. And since there is a lot of hits in the combo and the enemy is airborne, gravity actually pulls them down quicker so that's why the string F1,3 works. I'll post video once i find a decent ender for this crazy combo :)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I would say something in response but u think this picture fits what I want to say fairly well

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
You could still do this after a net and it would be more damage than you would normally do most likely. Off of a 50/50 I do 35% using 4 bombs and ending with a bomb on the ground. If I had 3 more bombs in the combo it would probably do like 38% or something. And build more meter.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
The character isn't very good. Even though he has possibly a top 3 mid, he has no good mids. I mean he sucks, right?

Now this? I mean Ermac almost gets that much damage midscreen. roflmao
Second hit is a high and the first hit is -10. I mean, it's a great whiff punisher, but a top 3 mid? Really? That's a ridiculous statement.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Second hit is a high and the first hit is -10. I mean, it's a great whiff punisher for sure, but a top 3 mid? Really? That's a ridiculous statement.
For most characters mids aren't going to be used for staggered pressure or run cancels. Compare it to the other mids in the game, when it comes to whiff punishing, punishing in general, or spacing, and it's arguably top 3.

I'm assuming there's some kind of group chat formed where Triborg players think of how to downplay. 2 days in and it's out of hand.

He's just showing that you can do a bunch of bombs. In the end it's just a 41% impractical combo and really isn't broken at all other than taking forever to finish.

@Rude it's not really a practical wiff punish because in order to do this, you need to throw out a far bomb and then do F43 immediately after. Throwing df2 and then starting up F43 is more than enough time to recover from just about everything on wiff (including kenshi). secondly, the df2 bomb needs to be thrown out from extremely close to the opponent. The way this works is that you need to time the bomb explosion in such a way so that the distance they travel in the air from being hit by F43 makes them pop back in front of you instead of over your head. If you don't get F43 out quick enough after the first bomb is thrown, the bomb will blow up before they travel far enough and they're just going to fly back over your head.

You can get more damage with less bombs actually, there's 40% mixups into 4 bomb combos that can end in hard to block situations, etc.. but that's not the point of this thread. broken? nah. If it was doing like 80%, then yeah.

Wigy

There it is...
For most characters mids aren't going to be used for staggered pressure or run cancels. Compare it to the other mids in the game, when it comes to whiff punishing, punishing in general, or spacing, and it's arguably top 3.

I'm assuming there's some kind of group chat formed where Triborg players think of how to downplay. 2 days in and it's out of hand.
You realise if cassie or scorpion etc crouch block this the second hit whiffs for full punish.

Top 3 mid that is -10 and full punishable on block on the second hit with small hitbox characters. Really? Stop now, just stop.

Tweedy

Noob
You realise if cassie or scorpion etc crouch block this the second hit whiffs for full punish.

Top 3 mid that is -10 and full punishable on block on the second hit with small hitbox characters. Really? Stop now, just stop.
How - it is on block cannot make it bad. It's a 10 frame advancing mid that advances far enough to hit at the start of the match. Johnny Cage can use his, that has better range, to get jailing pressure. What other character can do that? That doesn't mean that Triborg's is bad, because you actually have to use it to punish stuff with pushback, whiff punish, and to space your opponent, rather than to just bulldoze your opponent without caution. This is just like when people would say that Cassie Cage's B1 isn't good, because you could armor through the following string, and that the first couple hits were super minus. Please.

Outside of Cage's F3 and Kotal's B1 idk if i'd take any mid over Triborg's. There are a lot of good ones. Lao's F2, Cassie's B1, Jax's F3, Alien's F1, Mileena's B1, D'vorah's F1, etc. I think it's safe to say that Triborg's is just as good as any of those and whichever good ones I left off.

How - it is on block cannot make it bad. It's a 10 frame advancing mid that advances far enough to hit at the start of the match. Johnny Cage can use his, that has better range, to get jailing pressure. What other character can do that? That doesn't mean that Triborg's is bad, because you actually have to use it to punish stuff with pushback, whiff punish, and to space your opponent, rather than to just bulldoze your opponent without caution. This is just like when people would say that Cassie Cage's B1 isn't good, because you could armor through the following string, and that the first couple hits were super minus. Please.

Outside of Cage's F3 and Kotal's B1 idk if i'd take any mid over Triborg's. There are a lot of good ones. Lao's F2, Cassie's B1, Jax's F3, Alien's F1, Mileena's B1, D'vorah's F1, etc. I think it's safe to say that Triborg's is just as good as any of those and whichever good ones I left off.
Except you can't combo off of F43 unless you throw out a bomb first from point blank range. All of the other mids you listed are hit comfirmable into combos without needing to set up traps first.

Tweedy

Noob
Except you can't combo off of F43 unless you throw out a bomb first from point blank range. All of the other mids you listed are hit comfirmable into combos without needing to set up traps first.
F4 xx net combos. Does that not lead into a full combo?