What's new

So i guess that second stream for WNF was a flop.

jaym7018

Noob
Reverse corner wakeups should stay.

Adds to the metagame.

Though I'm biased, fuck invincible wakeup attacks to hell and back.
Are you people serious with this garbage. So you want every knockdown to be a 50/50 for the person knocked down? That would make for the most retarded fighting game of all time.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Are you people serious with this garbage. So you want every knockdown to be a 50/50 for the person knocked down? That would make for the most retarded fighting game of all time.
And hella ammount of safe wakeups is what makes a good fighting game, right ?

jaym7018

Noob
Uh, yeah.

Injustice has lots of safe wakeups, and other wakeups that lead into 30-40% depending on the situation. Sometimes it's better to get knocked down and wakeup/make them bait your wakeup then eat any pressure at all.
Safe wake ups are a problem with the game being to safe. That has nothing to do with the wake up game. Without wake ups every knock down would be a 50/50 which would be the worst fighting game ever. What a terrible opinion if you think wake up invincibility is bad.

jaym7018

Noob
And hella ammount of safe wakeups is what makes a good fighting game, right ?
Then make the moves unsafe on block. Dont remove any ability to fightback other than to guess a 50/50. Jesus are you guys that clueless? This games biggest problem isnt zoning or invincibility or interactables the problem is the gsmes to safe.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Easiest way. Pick Jax, right corner. Choose someone like Cyrax or Cage as dummy. Do 12 Overhead Smash, then do a dash punch and don't move. Watch as they do it to a wall.
Here are my videos I made to show it with Jax and Jade. But they're not the only one who can do this. The quality is bad because I didn't have a good cam and it was on Vita.
LMFAO

Pack....it...up

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Safe wake ups are a problem with the game being to safe. That has nothing to do with the wake up game. Without wake ups every knock down would be a 50/50 which would be the worst fighting game ever. What a terrible opinion if you think wake up invincibility is bad.
I have no problem with wakeup invincibility, the problem comes with safe wakeups that have invincibility and how they force the offensive player to make worse guesses then the person they knock down. You should be rewarded for knocking somebody down in a game where everybody has projectiles and universal armor to play defense with.

So you started baiting Black Adam's 360 covering wake up cage have you? Sick, now he can do lightning hands when you block and then just backdash, or just backdash in the first place! So you started baiting KF slide with jumps back or mb b3 huh? Good thing she can now choose to backdash or just block all because you had to go out of your way to bait her safe wakeup that leads into her vortex. Oh, you knocked down Batgirl and tried to neutral jump her cartwheel you have to eat a 50/50 from and lots of characters have trouble punishing? Good thing she did wakeup teleport instead and caught your jump. It's a great thing MMH got knocked down right? Now you have to block his push, but don't try and jump over it because that makes way too much sense!

The problem isn't the fact that people can wakeup through stuff, it's that the guessing game becomes worse for the person trying to be offensive because of the way wakeups work and because of how safe they are. I never said I wanted the game to be 50/50's over and over, but I'm glad you keep thrusting that out there.

Please refrain from calling people's opinion garbage if you don't agree with it. It doesn't help your point at all friend.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Yeah I get that lots of people are busy with stuff, but I was talking about the people who have told me or others that they are just done with the game until it's patched or for forever.
We don't need them. We have each other <4

187x

Noob
I have no problem with wakeup invincibility, the problem comes with safe wakeups that have invincibility and how they force the offensive player to make worse guesses then the person they knock down. You should be rewarded for knocking somebody down in a game where everybody has projectiles and universal armor to play defense with.

So you started baiting Black Adam's 360 covering wake up Cage have you? Sick, now he can do lightning hands when you block and then just backdash, or just backdash in the first place! So you started baiting KF slide with jumps back or mb b3 huh? Good thing she can now choose to backdash or just block all because you had to go out of your way to bait her safe wakeup that leads into her vortex. Oh, you knocked down Batgirl and tried to neutral jump her cartwheel you have to eat a 50/50 from and lots of characters have trouble punishing? Good thing she did wakeup teleport instead and caught your jump. It's a great thing MMH got knocked down right? Now you have to block his push, but don't try and jump over it because that makes way too much sense!

The problem isn't the fact that people can wakeup through stuff, it's that the guessing game becomes worse for the person trying to be offensive because of the way wakeups work and because of how safe they are. I never said I wanted the game to be 50/50's over and over, but I'm glad you keep thrusting that out there.

Please refrain from calling people's opinion garbage if you don't agree with it. It doesn't help your point at all friend.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Then make the moves unsafe on block. Dont remove any ability to fightback other than to guess a 50/50. Jesus are you guys that clueless? This games biggest problem isnt zoning or invincibility or interactables the problem is the gsmes to safe.
So you know the game's problem is too much safety but you don't like that there is a method to avoid safe wakeups ?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

So you started baiting Black Adam's 360 covering wake up cage have you? Sick, now he can do lightning hands when you block and then just backdash, or just backdash in the first place! So you started baiting KF slide with jumps back or mb b3 huh? Good thing she can now choose to backdash or just block all because you had to go out of your way to bait her safe wakeup that leads into her vortex. Oh, you knocked down Batgirl and tried to neutral jump her cartwheel you have to eat a 50/50 from and lots of characters have trouble punishing? Good thing she did wakeup teleport instead and caught your jump. It's a great thing MMH got knocked down right? Now you have to block his push, but don't try and jump over it because that makes way too much sense!

Dont feed the trolls bro

jaym7018

Noob
So you know the game's problem is too much safety but you don't like that there is a method to avoid safe wakeups ?
No i dont cause the method used is a broken ass glitch. The answer is quite obviously to make the moves unsafe, not leave in a broken game mechanic. I cant even imagine a fighting game without wake up attacks. Obviously neither can any developer cause they arent retarded.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Yea meter drain should too

Adds to the excitement and rewards skill

Kappa

I'm split on meter drain, being able to stuff EX attacks on their first frame before armor pops up is a neat thing, and would be a nice way to add some risk to it.

However, frames traps in MK9 could get pretty silly at times, and it had such a small window, it never really happened because someone intended it to, but by the other person mashing on there shit too hard.

On stuff that needs to be fixed about MK9, it's pretty low on my own priority list.

uhhhhhhh

yall realize WNF numbers always go way down when school starts back up, right?

if you thought this was bad, you should've seen what happened to P4A at WNF last year. game came out near the end of summer, first two locals at super arcade drew like 85-90 people...then it damn near instantly dropped into the 20-30 range afterward.

basically i think average age of a community plays a big role in turnout at weekday events. capcom & tekken scenes in most places are def older on average than other games', and it seems to me like GGA & atlanta are an older bunch than a lot of other MK players. don't overlook school as a factor in all this, and please don't bash people for prioritizing that. thanks!

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Probably because the Superman players like playing Superman?

We have talked about doing a no Supes/BA tournament plenty of times but nobody wants to do it once Wednesday comes around. Either way, Injustice is a game where it's rewarding to play the brain dead easy and strong characters over exciting and challenging ones, so why should they put in the work when they can win without it?
I can somewhat see your point, that they like to play Superman and they shouldn't have to change; and since he is so "easy to play" why would they change; but that isn't really my point.

At the end of the day, is winning WNF by any means necessary (Superman) their only reason for playing the game at all?

I guess so.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm split on meter drain, being able to stuff EX attacks on their first frame before armor pops up is a neat thing, and would be a nice way to add some risk to it.

However, frames traps in MK9 could get pretty silly at times, and it had such a small window, it never really happened because someone intended it to, but by the other person mashing on there shit too hard.

On stuff that needs to be fixed about MK9, it's pretty low on my own priority list.
So every time in mk9 in between kabals b12 I did ex RK and got meter drain I mashed it ? It's a five frame window

There was no time to mash

also jaym7018 you would absolutely hate guilty gear then. a huge part of that game's match flow is "you get knocked down, you die". it's chock full of safe 50/50s into 30-60% combos, that ALSO happen to be safe from most to all wakeup moves. it gets more of a pass because of how deep the neutral game is, but GG can become nearly as autopilot as 3D MKs once that hit happens. and this isn't even going into all the guaranteed unblockables that used to dominate tournaments back when eddie was kabal tier...

and yet, it's still widely considered by tournament players to be one of the best FGs ever made. no game in this genre will be bug-free or have anything remotely close to "perfect" balance. period. expect there to be some sort of overpowered BS in every game, and decide what to play based on what kind of overpowered BS you enjoy.