What's new

So here's something interesting Rain fans might like.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
so a Youtuber by the name of WavyVibez claimed to have "sources" that may suggest Rain being a "secret unlockable character". So apparently what you do is you go to the krypt and collect 50 edenian shards and after you collect them you will unlock Rain. Interested to see people's opinions on this one. I personally think it's fake but not entirely sure.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Better take it with a grain of salt. We don't know for sure if they'll be unlockable in the Krypt. Historically, I don't know if this happened in the previous MK installments. I played MK4, MK9 and MKX, and have never seen any character be unlocked in the Krypt.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Historically, I don't know if this happened in the previous MK installments. I played MK4, MK9 and MKX, and have never seen any character be unlocked in the Krypt.
There were in Deadly Alliance and Deception.

Agilaz

It has begun
I call BS, though if you take into consideration the rumoured unlockable characters, Rain being unlockable over Shinnok or Mileena does make some sense.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
Yeah, like he has such a low sub count that I find it hard to believe that he has "sources" unless he stole this info from someone or something. although anythings possible.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Better take it with a grain of salt. We don't know for sure if they'll be unlockable in the Krypt. Historically, I don't know if this happened in the previous MK installments. I played MK4, MK9 and MKX, and have never seen any character be unlocked in the Krypt.
I take it you mean MK DA or something? Cause Mk 4 didn't have a krypt.:p

Tanno

I take it you mean MK DA or something? Cause Mk 4 didn't have a krypt.:p
I was a 14-years kid when MK4 was released. Now here am I 21 years later. Don't remember much. And I don't mean MK DA, because I didn't play them. I'd remember them by their titles. XD

Even thought I played MK1 till MK3, I excluded them from this list, because I remember them not having the Krypt, cuz they were retro. It was from MK4 and later that they added a lot of stuff that sadly I don't remember.

And yep, I mean the MK4, that most likely didn't have a Krypt.

Kratilim

Noob
Nobody knows what the krypt even is yet... How would you know this? I call bs. Face it Rain fans... Chances are very slim at best you'll see him in the base roster.

MKF30

I was a 14-years kid when MK4 was released. Now here am I 21 years later. Don't remember much. And I don't mean MK DA, because I didn't play them. I'd remember them by their titles. XD

Even thought I played MK1 till MK3, I excluded them from this list, because I remember them not having the Krypt, cuz they were retro. It was from MK4 and later that they added a lot of stuff that sadly I don't remember.

And yep, I mean the MK4, that most likely didn't have a Krypt.
It's ok, I'm not exactly a kid myself lol. Yeah the first Krypt started in MK 5 aka MK Deadly Alliance, thankfully I have a good long term memory(my short term though is a diff story lol) aside from being an MK nut. But yeah MK 1-MK 4 didn't have a krypt, so you are correct that MK 1-3 didn't but neither did 4. They changed the krypt in every game so far even if it's been slight from Deadly Alliance, Deception, MKA etc, etc

With Mk 4 they added secret ways to play Noob and Goro but you had to do an input on the select screen as you were invisible. They also brought back the VS screen codes from MK 3/UMK4/MKT.

Tanno

It's ok, I'm not exactly a kid myself lol. Yeah the first Krypt started in MK 5 aka MK Deadly Alliance, thankfully I have a good long term memory(my short term though is a diff story lol) aside from being an MK nut. But yeah MK 1-MK 4 didn't have a krypt, so you are correct that MK 1-3 didn't but neither did 4. They changed the krypt in every game so far even if it's been slight from Deadly Alliance, Deception, MKA etc, etc

With Mk 4 they added secret ways to play Noob and Goro but you had to do an input on the select screen as you were invisible. They also brought back the VS screen codes from MK 3/UMK4/MKT.
Interesting.

Speaking of hidden characters, like MK4's Noob and Goro, I predict that someone is bound to unlock them in MK11. If my memory isn't wrong, NRS hinted that they will have hidden characters in MK11.

MKF30

Interesting.

Speaking of hidden characters, like MK4's Noob and Goro, I predict that someone is bound to unlock them in MK11. If my memory isn't wrong, NRS hinted that they will have hidden characters in MK11.
Yeah, NRS confirmed that. I figured it would be Jade and Noob, maybe Smoke but Jade apparently is already in default roster so perhaps Noob and someone else?I hope it's Ermac due to his own mythos

Tanno

Yeah, NRS confirmed that. I figured it would be Jade and Noob, maybe Smoke but Jade apparently is already in default roster so perhaps Noob and someone else?I hope it's Ermac due to his own mythos
True. And I'm hoping that Fujin makes it in.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
It would be an possible idea but this is just fake and made up.

That being said i just cant see Rain not making it in MK11 after the MKX fiasco and all the vocal demand for years no matter base or DLC.

But so far it really looks like there is no real sight of Rain in anyway than some menu picture that eventually isnt even Rain.

I always remembered Boons "no DLC twice" answer from the MKX days but i feel like if he just didnt make in the base and its been a game and 8 years between its a different story and his stance isnt like that anymore.

Also we shouldnt forget the idea of Kombat/Fighter Pack 0 that Ed was thinking about during MKX and Injustice 2.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
I think people misunderstand what NRS means by the "No DLC twice" rule.

It probably just means that no character should be paid DLC in two consecutive games, as to not cause backlash from fans. Rain was rumored to be made free DLC in MKX after all.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I think people misunderstand what NRS means by the "No DLC twice" rule.

It probably just means that no character should be paid DLC in two consecutive games, as to not cause backlash from fans. Rain was rumored to be made free DLC in MKX after all.
Yup exactly what i was thinking.

8 years and a game between is more than enough. It just looks bad if its twice in a row. Nobody would care now.

They also considered Batgirl to return as DLC for Injustice 2 that also says something.

Kratilim

Noob
Rain was rumored to be made free DLC in MKX after all.
The idea that they would ever give away Rain as free dlc cracks me up. They would never do that now in a million years. Rain would earn them waaaay to much money to even consider that imo.