What's new

Question - Erron Black So erron black gets a free grab off every d3?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
6frame..

He has one of the faster pokes in the game

You going to low unblock after d3 on reaction? And then fuzzy guard when the grab doesn't come out?

Not to mention if ur low unblocking after a d3 ur guna eat d1 for free which gives a free 50/50..

Are you some kind of jedi with these on reaction tactics u plan on using.
By your logic NDC's in mk9 were completely legit
You have the universal option of backdashing after a blocked d3. Or you could use armor. Or you could duck on a read.

It's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be and it certainly isn't free. Go into training mode and test your options post a blocked d3 vs his. Develop the meta instead of calling it broken.

Every other character in the game, if u chain a command grab from a blocked poke it will land.

However erron gets it off a blocked and hit poke..? Only way out is armour of from holding jump the second you're poked. Armour is tricky and holding jump versus erron black after a poke is just dumb..

Is this intentional.. seems kind of ridiculous
if you do not feel like jumping or neutral ducking look for a move with your character that lower your hit box to counter poke

Give up trying to make sense of the game design choices. It is obvious that nothing makes any sense. Why does Cassie has the +50 something hit stun from ex nut punch that you can not combo from. It makes zero sense frames wise but it is NRS and they like to design their games to be different just for the sake of being different apparently.

The fans are loving it by what i am seeing here so there is no problem.

Rude

Give up trying to make sense of the game design choices. It is obvious that nothing makes any sense. Why does Cassie has the +50 something hit stun from ex nut punch that you can not combo from. It makes zero sense frames wise but it is NRS and they like to design their games to be different just for the sake of being different apparently.

The fans are loving it by what i am seeing here so there is no problem.
Maybe the nutpunch is for continuing pressure and NOT launching into a combo?

Makes sense.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This d3 to grab is not the issue.

The fact that he can do that 211 block string and cancel it on block into a command grab is the issue.

Erron should not be rewarded with a free command grab because you are blocking his string. What else can you do but block? Try to "guess" and be given a full combo with wall carry for your efforts??? Hold block and be grabbed?? No one in the game can do this, or in most games in general, so why can he?

This is an actual broken mechanic that needs to be addressed.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm very very certain it doesn't. I can't double check right now, but I will, and I'll come straight back to this thread, right or wrong. Judging by what I know about the character, and others' replies above, I'm like 99% sure I'm right.
No d3~command grab works on block and on hit as long as they aren't neutral ducking. Not 100% sure it works on every character, but I do it all the time.

You have options against it that people have already listed, but it's one of his better tools for sure. Tbh I think command grab is what pushes him from pretty good character to very good one. If you're having trouble with EBs who use a lot of tic throws, try jumping out or backdashing on a read after blocking d3.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

The fact that he can do that 211 block string and cancel it on block into a command grab is the issue.

Erron should not be rewarded with a free command grab because you are blocking his string. What else can you do but block? Try to "guess" and be given a full combo with wall carry for your efforts??? Hold block and be grabbed?? No one in the game can do this, or in most games in general, so why can he?

This is an actual broken mechanic that needs to be addressed. Not a low poke into a grab.

Rude

Doesn't Jason in unstoppable have command throws that connect on block or hit?

I'm not sure i understand what the problem is. Commando Kano wants you to block so he can tick throw you. How is EB different? I'm really asking.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Yeah, you can just start pressing buttons against Err- Oh wait.

Also, what if you play someone like Goro with slow normals? He can frame trap the living hell out of you.
You have to learn the Frame Data. Goro has some very fast Normals. D1, D3 and B1 are better then most of the casts normals. D1 canceled into armored special is good.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron

I don't know what full combos you think he can get without making a hard read here.

If he does 211/2112~sand toss (the combo starter) on block, he just guessed that you were gonna stop blocking, because there's no way someone is hit-confirming in the middle of the string. If this is happening, you can block and punish. If you're trying to jump out, you can get hit by the rest of the string and he can sometimes combo out of the juggle state if he reacts in time, so I dont recommend that. Your best option IMO is to neutral duck if you think he's gonna do the grab and punish. Armor is another good choice. Maybe backdashing? I gotta lab that actually.

If you're playing an EB who doesn't just throw shit out there the worst case scenario should be getting hit by the 22 or something. It's a guessing game for both of you and if you guess right you can be rewarded with a punish. I will agree that it's in his favor and like I said his CG game makes him a great character but I wouldn't call it "broken." Varied-length block strings into command grabs are not a new FG mechanic by any means.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm pretty sure a blocked d3 can be punished for every single character. If it can't, this game is more fucked up than I thought.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If you can armor or jump, you can backdash, neutral duck and maybe interrupt with low pokes. It's not guranteed if you can do all of that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Doesn't Jason in unstoppable have command throws that connect on block or hit?

I'm not sure i understand what the problem is. Commando Kano wants you to block so he can tick throw you. How is EB different? I'm really asking.
I don't know what full combos you think he can get without making a hard read here.

If he does 211/2112~sand toss (the combo starter) on block, he just guessed that you were gonna stop blocking, because there's no way someone is hit-confirming in the middle of the string. If this is happening, you can block and punish. If you're trying to jump out, you can get hit by the rest of the string and he can sometimes combo out of the juggle state if he reacts in time, so I dont recommend that. Your best option IMO is to neutral duck if you think he's gonna do the grab and punish. Armor is another good choice. Maybe backdashing? I gotta lab that actually.

If you're playing an EB who doesn't just throw shit out there the worst case scenario should be getting hit by the 22 or something. It's a guessing game for both of you and if you guess right you can be rewarded with a punish. I will agree that it's in his favor and like I said his CG game makes him a great character but I wouldn't call it "broken." Varied-length block strings into command grabs are not a new FG mechanic by any means.
Tick throws are great. Zangief has made a career out of them. Command grabs connecting on block strings are lame, and are rarely in fighting games.

As a defender, there is literally no way to know if he is going to continue the string and combo you or cancel it short into an unreactable Unbreakable connecting command grab. This is massively in his favor, more so than a 50/50 starter because you're already blocking. He is already applying pressure and you already blocked, so you shouldn't have to guess in the middle of a block string. Just imagine if Zangief was able to block string you into piledriver without having to time anything lmao. Or if Commando Kano could B1~Command grab you as a block string into rib breaker. He would be ridiculous. I haven't tried Jason outside of punishes, but every other character in the game, in NRS history, whiffs command grabs during block strings. Why is Erron different?

That's my only issue. I don't mind it connecting every other way because that's just something people have to deal with, but not during block strings. He shouldn't be rewarded with an extra mixup that he didn't have to tick throw or time on block, by just literally mashing out grab during a quick attack string.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
But he needs it for Kung jin since Kung jin is so great, nerf Kung jin!!1 There's a lot more dirt in this game that's going to be found.

Sounds like a typical tick grab. That D3 is punishable like anything else on a read. It's safe to say that jump in game is strong on erron black players. His ground game is too scary so stay safe in the air.