What's new

Question - Erron Black So erron black gets a free grab off every d3?

Wigy

There it is...
Every other character in the game, if u chain a command grab from a blocked poke it will land.

However erron gets it off a blocked and hit poke..? Only way out is armour of from holding jump the second you're poked. Armour is tricky and holding jump versus erron black after a poke is just dumb..

Is this intentional.. seems kind of ridiculous

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Most command grab characters can tick into grabs from low pokes.
Yes it ticks on hit if thats ALL your complaining about...

I didn't say to "Don't block in this game"

The NATURAL counter to all grabs is to neutral duck if you see them combo, and since you cant combo off low pokes you dont have to worry about a combo from the low poke. Once again you Neutral duck against EVERY character if you know a grab is coming.

Wigy

There it is...

The NATURAL counter to all grabs is to neutral duck if you see them combo, and since you cant combo off low pokes you dont have to worry about a combo from the low poke. Once again you Neutral duck against EVERY character if you know a grab is coming.
Yeah thats an option but one that is getting get you seriously blown up most of the time. It should be a case of only chaining on block (LIKE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THE GAME) but on hit too is just stupid

Captain Oxygen

Yeah thats an option but one that is getting get you seriously blown up most of the time. It should be a case of only chaining on block (LIKE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THE GAME) but on hit too is just stupid
This works because Errons D3 on hit is actually only +3
He gets no pressure off a hit D3

Reactions: RYX

Wigy

There it is...
This works because Errons D3 on hit is actually only +3
He gets no pressure off a hit D3
he gets his d1 free all game then.. and so a followup string for free. Or you'll just eat d3 all game, its +4 btw so on any character with a slow poke u can't interrupt d3 d3 d3 until u block it.

Also he can string it into specials, which means ur eating ex sand shots for a full combo. You wont be able to interrupt that on reaction waiting for the grab.

There is ways out but this just does seem stupid.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
he gets his d1 free all game then.. and so a followup string for free. Or you'll just eat d3 all game, its +4 btw so on any character with a slow poke u can't interrupt d3 d3 d3 until u block it.

Also he can string it into specials, which means ur eating ex sand shots for a full combo. You wont be able to interrupt that on reaction waiting for the grab.

or you could just backdash the d3, you could block it and then counterpoke, you can armor any attempt at a followup and i bet your character's d.3 is more + on hit

i don't see the issue here

Captain Oxygen

Your complaining about Erron Blacks doing D3->D3->D3?...
You are literally telling me pressure and options EVERY character can do, theres nothing differentl about what your complaining about...
Doing a D1 on HIT after a D3 for pressure is a bad option when other character... Pressure AFTER the d3 hits???

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
U can punish him with a njp if u are able to anticipate the grab after a blocked poke or just press back after a blocked poke. The CG will whiff giving u a chance to fully punish.

Wigy

There it is...
Your complaining about Erron Blacks doing D3->D3->D3?...
You are literally telling me pressure and options EVERY character can do, theres nothing differentl about what your complaining about...
Doing a D1 on HIT after a D3 for pressure is a bad option when other character... Pressure AFTER the d3 hits???
No, erron can do d3d3d3 and u will get punished for blocking it. No other character has that, and if u low unblock after the d3 and wait for the grab, you're just guna get hit by a mid, it doesn't matter if they're 14 frames if you're waiting for the grab, you will get hit by it.

I'm not saying there isn't ways around it but the risk reward is stupidly in his favour up-close.

He already has pretty safe 50/50s now you not only have to block those but an unblockable that strings off an 11frame low?

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Yeah, you can just start pressing buttons against Err- Oh wait.
You can do it on reaction; sand trap has quite a bit of start up. Takes a lil practice but definitely react able

Also, what if you play someone like Goro with slow normals? He can frame trap the living hell out of you.
D1s,d2s and d3s should be fast enough to blow it up on start up. I can't recall Goros frame data but he should be able to interrupt it.

Captain Oxygen

You can do it on reaction; sand trap has quite a bit of start up. Takes a lil practice but definitely react able

D1s,d2s and d3s should be fast enough to blow it up on start up. I can't recall Goros frame data but he should be able to interrupt it.
Goros d1 and d3 are 5f btw...
so yeah not even goro has to worry about "D3,D3,D3"

Wigy

There it is...
Goros d1 and d3 are 5f btw...
so yeah not even goro has to worry about "D3,D3,D3"
6frame..

He has one of the faster pokes in the game

You going to low unblock after d3 on reaction? And then fuzzy guard when the grab doesn't come out?

Not to mention if ur low unblocking after a d3 ur guna eat d1 for free which gives a free 50/50..

Are you some kind of jedi with these on reaction tactics u plan on using.
By your logic NDC's in mk9 were completely legit

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

it is silly that you can tic it on hit. Thats the only thing I see here and it is dumb. Not much risk for you doing this.

Wigy

There it is...
it whiffs on hit
It doesn't, read the post before you make dumbass sarcastic remarks

Its stupid, it makes the risk reward game up close even more horrible and the only way you're punishing it is crazy quick reactions or putting yourself in a very risky situation

Last edited:
Reactions: JDM

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
It doesn't, read the post before you make dumbass sarcastic remarks

Its stupid, it makes the risk reward game up close even more horrible and the only way you're punishing it is crazy quick reactions or putting yourself in a very risky situation
I'm very very certain it doesn't. I can't double check right now, but I will, and I'll come straight back to this thread, right or wrong. Judging by what I know about the character, and others' replies above, I'm like 99% sure I'm right.

The only issue here is that throw teching inputs in MK9 and MKX are the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. Let's have tick throw setups where you still get to guess which direction instead of having tech inputs just being 1+3 like SF, SFxT, KI, and Injustice? Why?

A game with chip damage on normals and tick throws shouldn't have such ridiculous teching mechanics.

It's not the EB design at all.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The only issue here is that throw teching inputs in MK9 and MKX are the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. Let's have tick throw setups where you still get to guess which direction instead of having tech inputs just being 1+3 like SF, SFxT, KI, and Injustice? Why?

A game with chip damage on normals and tick throws shouldn't have such ridiculous teching mechanics.

It's not the EB design at all.
It's a 50/50 anytime you are put into a throw. Which is a good thing. Its what makes throws relevant in MK. There isn't anything wrong with it. I'm sorry that you can't get out of throws for free.

Some characters need the throw 50/50 as a viable mix up option. I use them as conditioning tools. It gets to where the opponent is sick of taking the throw guess, so you throw out a string when they let go if block to tech.

It's fine. Besides, usually when you get hit with a basic throw, you're only taking 12 percent into a techable knockdown. The pressure is usually over by that point.