What's new

Question - Erron Black So erron black gets a free grab off every d3?

Wigy

There it is...
I'm very very certain it doesn't. I can't double check right now, but I will, and I'll come straight back to this thread, right or wrong. Judging by what I know about the character, and others' replies above, I'm like 99% sure I'm right.
Well you're 100% wrong

Wigy

There it is...
People keep saying erron has no option after the d3, after a d3 you can d1 on hit thats +15 so u can go for a guaranteed mixup.

The fear of that will probably leave you blocked after any d3, not poking back or sitting low unblocked.

You can armour and poke and duck out on paper but thats guna be seriously tough and the risk reward is heavily weighted against you.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
People keep saying erron has no option after the d3, after a d3 you can d1 on hit thats +15 so u can go for a guaranteed mixup.

The fear of that will probably leave you blocked after any d3, not poking back or sitting low unblocked.

You can armour and poke and duck out on paper but thats guna be seriously tough and the risk reward is heavily weighted against you.
Just block until you see his throw animation then poke him. Unless he armors it you're gonna beat him out of it.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Well you're 100% wrong
did you even read my second post, where I went in the lab and tested it out?

Considering you aren't willing to actually test things out in the lab, its clear this is a l2p issue.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
did you even read my second post, where I went in the lab and tested it out?
Just read it there just basically said what i said very long windedly.

The only way out is: to stand neutral unblocked after a poke on hit which is stupid
Or try poke out or armour out which can get blown up pretty bad

Im not saying there is no way around this, but there is a reason no character has this, its a broken mechanic in a fighting game.

Crathen

Death is my business
Just read it there just basically said what i said very long windedly.

The only way out is: to stand neutral unblocked after a poke on hit which is stupid
Or try poke out or armour out which can get blown up pretty bad
Or backdash or jump , there you go 5 different ways to get away from a 12 frame poke

Wigy

There it is...
Or backdash or jump , there you go 5 different ways to get away from a 12 frame poke
i'm not talking about d3 over and over again. Also its 11frame.

He can d1 you after which limits your options as well.

This is a tool that can open up any character massively, and tip the risk/reward in his favour. There is a reason that tick grabs whiff on hit, there is meant to be a 50/50 risk reward trying to do one. Can be people stop saying neutral low unblock on hit after a poke cause thats just a stupid massively risky tactiv

Crathen

Death is my business
i'm not talking about d3 over and over again. Also its 11frame.

He can d1 you after which limits your options as well.

This is a tool that can open up any character massively, and tip the risk/reward in his favour. There is a reason that tick grabs whiff on hit, there is meant to be a 50/50 risk reward trying to do one. Can be people stop saying neutral low unblock on hit after a poke cause thats just a stupid massively risky tactiv
It's 12 frame impact , 11 startup.

So in your opinion a decent EB will use a raw i12 d3 the go for a d1?What's the point when he could've just do d1 and go for the advantage if it hits? Also if he did d3 on hit into d1 you could have backdashed or armor and nullify his check.

How is the risk reward in his favour when you compare a 13 to 19% Sand Trap that hits vs a correct jump read into Jump punch full combo , ok it creates a kinda hard to react situation but if i was playing vs an EB that did d3xxST i'd always take the guess and jump forward or armor after the d3 until he stops doing that because it wont work for him.

Whenever you'll realize his d3 is a gimmick on hit and block you will understand that this is all smoke and mirrors.