What's new

Question - Sorcerer So, about that Sorcerer variation

gibster13

A fan of fans
You can not hit confirm the trance, you have to commit to the b2 trance. With rune you can just meter burn it on hit or block.

Don't wanna be a killjoy but u have to commit to the Mb trance ,if ur opponent blocks ur minus a billion its more minus than normal trance which is already super minus and you also just wasted a bar of meter. The meter drain midscreen is nice but i would only go for this if im punishing some1 who depends on meter.
I'd rather go for the Rune Spell and go for guaranteed 45% one bar or risky armor able 66% for 2 bars midscreen.

MB rune is way more practical ,if the opponent blocks u can mb and go for the 33/33/33. Many people will also be expecting the meterburn so u can suprise them with just a Rune and do a throw, risky but works.

BUT in a zoning war against some1 like Kenshi or Quan himself MB trance into the meter drian might be helpful.

Still a Nice find didn't knew u can continue the combo after a spell wih Mb trance.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Don't wanna be a killjoy but u have to commit to the Mb trance ,if ur opponent blocks ur minus a billion its more minus than normal trance which is already super minus and you also just wasted a bar of meter. The meter drain midscreen is nice but i would only go for this if im punishing some1 who depends on meter.
I'd rather go for the Rune Spell and go for guaranteed 45% one bar or risky armor able 66% for 2 bars midscreen.

MB rune is way more practical ,if the opponent blocks u can mb and go for the 33/33/33. Many people will also be expecting the meterburn so u can suprise them with just a Rune and do a throw, risky but works.

BUT in a zoning war against some1 like Kenshi or Quan himself MB trance into the meter drian might be helpful.

Still a Nice find didn't knew u can continue the combo after a spell wih Mb trance.
At least someone agrees with me :D

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer

You guys have misinterpreted why I posted this. This tech isnt about the drain portal. This is about whether MB trance is a better resource than MB Rune. Forget the video with B+2 as a Starter, like i said before i posted it it was just an example. I just thought the drain combos looked cool.

Take this combo: B+3,2,4 4xxMB Trance, jip1 F+2,1,2,2 4xxRune

This combo is 40%, and easy. Show me another 1 bar combo midscreen with MB rune that does this much damage.

The alternative vortex: B+3,2,4 NJP 1,4xxMB Trance, Armor Portal, 1,4xxRune

This does 32% and gives you Armor, Hard knockdown. So no tech rolling, and you can meaty any single dual hitting wakeup with safe armor. Hell, do a crossup and do F+2,1,22xx into a special to push yourself back through the portal to make any ender safe and with advantage.

Like i said in my previous posts, i cannot find a single starter where MB trance does not do a better job than runes mid combo. Using B2xxMB rune in footsies to make it safe? Of course that makes sense. But as a punisher? I disagree

In any case, this is my last post on it. I'm going to adjust my gameplay with some of my new finds, and I wish you all luck if you decide to incorporate it.

You guys have misinterpreted why I posted this. This tech isnt about the drain portal. This is about whether MB trance is a better resource than MB Rune. Forget the video with B+2 as a Starter, like i said before i posted it it was just an example. I just thought the drain combos looked cool.

Take this combo: B+3,2,4 4xxMB Trance, jip1 F+2,1,2,2 4xxRune

This combo is 40%, and easy. Show me another 1 bar combo midscreen with MB rune that does this much damage.

This does 32% and gives you Armor, Hard knockdown. So no tech rolling, and you can meaty any single dual hitting wakeup with safe armor. Hell, do a crossup and do F+2,1,22xx into a special to push yourself back through the portal to make any ender safe and with advantage.

Like i said in my previous posts, i cannot find a single starter where MB trance does not do a better job than runes mid combo. Using B2xxMB rune in footsies to make it safe? Of course that makes sense. But as a punisher? I disagree

In any case, this is my last post on it. I'm going to adjust my gameplay with some of my new finds, and I wish you all luck if you decide to incorporate it.
Eventhough ur not going to reply ill still say this : b324 ~ 4 trance ~ crossup jip ~ f2122 ~ 141 = 33 % no meter

This pushes the opponent fullscreen and gives u enough time to set up ur armor Spell, even if they tech roll u have enough time to block their wakeup wether its subzeros icey slide or Scorpions Flameport.

I didnt mention MB rune as punisher i said its ur go to special after any starter if u want to play safe and still get 37-38% of it. Sure if u land a f2122 or a B324 then go for the MB trance if u like to but sorcerer relies more on meter than summoner therefor spending ur meter mid combo, when u can just go for meterless 141 ender into Spells and zoning is IMO unnessceary.

Anyway good luck and have fun.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
You guys have misinterpreted why I posted this... -snip-
Seriously dudes, @Gustavness is just throwing out options there for people to get ideas from. If you like the idea of using mb trance in combo's, go for it! If not, don't. Don't try to suppress a guy for just trying to throw some spice into the discussion threads. The more options we have, the better. Always.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@Gustavness don't let people run you off. There are still those that wanna look into this stuff with you.

I like the damage you get from MB Trance as a straight up 1-2 bar punish. In this combo: B+3,2,4 NJP 1,4xxMB Trance, Armor Portal, 1,4xxRune

Why do you use 1,4 MB Trance and not 4 Trance? Does it affect the ability to summon the spell.

Also, I'm thinking that a good application for the chip spell could be when coming out of the corner. If you have your back to the wall, and you punish someone, you could do MB Trance combo into chip spell, and then crossover and have the spell ready. The placement may be tricky but maybe we could find a way to make it work.

[
QUOTE]

Is this is all one continuous combo? Once I set the Armor Portal, MB Trance wears off before I can initiate 14xxRune. It seems like it's 20 frames off to be able to connect. Is this just a muscle memory/practice issue on my part? I'm quanfused.....