What's new

Question - Sorcerer So, about that Sorcerer variation

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Funny how macro went from being a condescending prick to thankful nice guy as soon as you posted something he hadn't already thought of.
I dont know Macro, he could be the coolest guy ive ever met. Not my intent to say anything like that, It just felt to me that since I'm not a "known" player that i was just disregarded. In any case, none of that matters. I look forward to seeing if Mayo comes up with anything from this :D

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I wouldn't say "condescending prick" but whatever.
It's just annoying as the first post you have to tell a guy who's taking the time to think up and write up all these things, "We already know that, bro.". The bro part really rustles my jimmies but I hate that kinda of attitude in general, really dissuades newer people from ever wanting to speak up.

macro

Eezeepeezee
It's just annoying as the first post you have to tell a guy who's taking the time to think up and write up all these things, "We already know that, bro.". The bro part really rustles my jimmies but I hate that kinda of attitude in general, really dissuades newer people from ever wanting to speak up.
Sorry if I came off like a jerk, but what was I supposed to say?
I even apologized for shooting him down so hard.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Sorry if I came off like a jerk, but what was I supposed to say?
I even apologized for shooting him down so hard.
You word it differently, elaborate on what we do and don't know. You wrote one sentence in response to all his shit, I'd instantly hate anyone who did that after putting in time and effort to try and help and start a discussion. Anyways, not a big deal, just don't shoot people down so blatantly. Especially when he put in effort. I could understand if some guy made a thread with a huge ego and posted a bunch of sub optimal day one bullshit and showed no respect and you came in and shut him down like that, that'd be fine. But he didn't, so respect him enough to write out a bit more. That's all.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
@Gustavness Never stop posting. I don't care if you think it's known or not. They can get over it, because there are still plenty of people who won't know. I look forward to seeing more tech from you.
I have quite a bit of tech with a few characters that hasnt been found yet. Actually, I'm waiting on Mayo's next video he talked about in the other thread, i dont want to overlap on anything he talks about. Plus he has excellent presentation, I'm a huge fan of his work.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I have quite a bit of tech with a few characters that hasnt been found yet. Actually, I'm waiting on Mayo's next video he talked about in the other thread, i dont want to overlap on anything he talks about. Plus he has excellent presentation, I'm a huge fan of his work.
If you have any Cassie tech, feel free to visit my neck of the woods ;)

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
If you have any Cassie tech, feel free to visit my neck of the woods ;)
sorry, havent touched her yet. Venemous Devorah, Ferra Torr, Quan Chi, and 1 very unusual thing with mileena that i dont know how to exploit yet. I play other characters but no one i've dug into yet. I just made the switch to sorcerer recently and im really digging the unusual things im finding so i've pretty much dropped everyone else i was looking at.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I disagree. EX trance does not give 4% extra dmg like others have stated, it changes the scaling the earlier you do it. It also guarantees all 3 portals into combo, and you can actually even do the chip dmg aura and have time to do a crossup and continue the combo. the power of MB trance with drain portal is strong

The only odd thing about it is that the length of the trance varies depending on the gravity of the combo you linked it in. Made this as a quick example

oh shit. this is serious stuff. I wish i had found this. This is nothing short of a revolution.

And hey, you don't have to be a known name for people to listen to good tech. This trance info is excellent and I for one can't wait to see how else you contribute. Though, I will admit to sometimes being guilty of not paying a lot of attention to names I don't know. I have PTSD after meeting Ra Helios as a fellow Catwoman player.

Last edited:
It is way funnier that @gibster13 who screams everywhere about how he knows everything about Quan and makes thousands of threads with staff that every Quan player knows wrote this as a response to my appreciation of the new ways to use Ex trance in this thread
EXtrance is pretty worthless. Only use it if it will end the round or for swag combos. That is all in my opinion

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
The bro part really rustles my jimmies but I hate that kinda of attitude in general, really dissuades newer people from ever wanting to speak up.
Welcome to Test Your Might! The only forum I check daily and rarely post on!

gibster13

A fan of fans
It is way funnier that @gibster13 who screams everywhere about how he knows everything about Quan and makes thousands of threads with staff that every Quan player knows wrote this as a response to my appreciation of the new ways to use Ex trance in this thread
Well it is worthless what more do you want ? I can't find Any use for it and never see it used.

Well it is worthless what more do you want ? I can't find Any use for it and never see it used.
Haven't you seen the video?????!

I disagree. EX trance does not give 4% extra dmg like others have stated, it changes the scaling the earlier you do it. It also guarantees all 3 portals into combo, and you can actually even do the chip dmg aura and have time to do a crossup and continue the combo. the power of MB trance with drain portal is strong

The only odd thing about it is that the length of the trance varies depending on the gravity of the combo you linked it in. Made this as a quick example

gibster13

A fan of fans
Haven't you seen the video?????!
I still don't see why I would spend 1 bar.... I have given a lot of my own tech for these Quan threads. Wonderchef and candaian Quan (can't remember name) said to me personally they have used my stuff. And don't @ me if your going to complain about me and how I like to help these threads out. I have done nothing wrong apart from disagreeing with something said. It is only my opinion not fact. BUT I still think it is a good find and can be of some use. Three bars tho ;-;

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Well I'm glad someone talked about Sorcerer Quan. He is dumb. But what can you do. I am starting to think of him as MKX's shot at Aquaman. Not just with chip I should say, but the portal as well, subtly acting as Aquaman's trait. With the hard knockdown into portal his corner game is honestly unmatched. his only real worry when this is set up is if the opponent is going to try and jump out or not. I have had this done to me and it was mind-numbingly stupid. Couldn't do anything. And the best part about it is the portal does stay there for quite some time so it not a matter of "Just blocking until it goes away." I personally think Sorcerer is being slept on. And if Summoner does get nerfed then there is absolutely no reason Sorcerer should not be the next stop for Quan mains.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
I still don't see why I would spend 1 bar.... I have given a lot of my own tech for these Quan threads. Wonderchef and candaian Quan (can't remember name) said to me personally they have used my stuff. And don't @ me if your going to complain about me and how I like to help these threads out. I have done nothing wrong apart from disagreeing with something said. It is only my opinion not fact. BUT I still think it is a good find and can be of some use. Three bars tho ;-;
This just reeks of "Since I didnt think of it". Look, if you dont want to spend a bar, dont spend a bar, nothing changes. but in a situation for any combo starter you have, spending a bar on MB trance gives you the same if not more damage than ANY combo with MB rune, better wall carry, the ability to drain meter mid combo, etc. You were gonna burn two bars? oh look, you can do 47-50% from almost anywhere on the screen, pin the opponent and have armor

and before anyone asks why I ended my combo the way i did, you should look into it first ;)

gibster13

A fan of fans
This just reeks of "Since I didnt think of it". Look, if you dont want to spend a bar, dont spend a bar, nothing changes. but in a situation for any combo starter you have, spending a bar on MB trance gives you the same if not more damage than ANY combo with MB rune, better wall carry, the ability to drain meter mid combo, etc. You were gonna burn two bars? oh look, you can do 47-50% from almost anywhere on the screen, pin the opponent and have armor

and before anyone asks why I ended my combo the way i did, you should look into it first ;)

That's better I just didn't think the meter burn was worth it at all. I understand how it is good of course i do, I have a brain. But your pathetic accusation of how I am just bitter because I didn't think of it is wrong, there was no need to say that. From my perspective spending two bars on 47% is not worth it. YES it does lead to good corner carry and pressure and YES it would be good for ending rounds. If you read what I put I said it was a good find, I just said it seems worthless because you are spending 1 bar for only 17%. I would rather go into vortex full screen carry which could easily lead to the same set up and more damage for less meter. Can you see what I am saying ? And when will you ever land a raw f212 ? I apologise if my opinion assaulted anyone but it is my opinion and what I feel is correct.

Im disappointed in myself. Do you understand my points tho ? I understand how it could be useful in a way. Also wonderchef said he is the Quanfather not Shujinkydink
I see your point about wasting too much resources in that particular combo, but some awesome stuff may be done by comboing with ex trance (spending 1 bar only) and setting up armor spell and then comboing into d3 for armored mix up which is safe against some characters.
Chef was saying that cause he beat Dink at NWM. But Dink is definitely a more dedicated Quan player and has been maining him and making him work in MK9, where Quan was low tier. No one can take his Quan Father title away by simply being him in a mirror match)

gibster13

A fan of fans
I see your point about wasting too much resources in that particular combo, but some awesome stuff may be done by comboing with ex trance (spending 1 bar only) and setting up armor spell and then comboing into d3 for armored mix up which is safe against some characters.
Chef was saying that cause he beat Dink at NWM. But Dink is definitely a more dedicated Quan player and has been maining him and making him work in MK9, where Quan was low tier. No one can take his Quan Father title away by simply being him in a mirror match)
I agree, i have been messing with the tech in the lab but i wouldn't use it personally. Dink is a better more dedicated Quan because Wonderchef is now a Kung lao main (He said on his last stream). I was just pissed that ppl got mad at me for not thinking the tech was the the meter :D

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
That's better I just didn't think the meter burn was worth it at all. I understand how it is good of course i do, I have a brain. But your pathetic accusation of how I am just bitter because I didn't think of it is wrong, there was no need to say that. From my perspective spending two bars on 47% is not worth it.
You're right about this, no need for me to say it. Lets move on because this brings to light something else i want to discuss, which is application

There is no need to discuss combos where you dont want to spend meter, since that doesnt change. But what we do need to discuss is the most practical setups off of any starter, which is one meter combos. There is no combo that i can find on any starter that spends a bar on MB rune (whether pre or post trance midscreen or in the corner) where MB trance cannot do the exact same damage or more and gives a free portal. the mid combo I feel is important because this means that at the end of your combo the portal is halfway expired. if you catch your opponent you can typically re-apply another portal again at the end and just constantly have armor up for pressure.

The only time i think normal trance might be better midscreen is when you are absolutely going to go end your combo with F+2,1 for a standing reset to vortex and risking the mixup. ending this way nets you about 33% for one bar, with the potential. The real question is would you take 32% with an armor portal on you and an opponent with a HKD in front of you.

If you dont care about mixups and just want raw damage, what one bar combo with MB rune at any point can you do midscreen that beats this for ease? B+3,2,4 4xxMB trance, jip1 F+2,1,2,2 4xxMid Rune is 40%