What's new

Smokes and Mirrors tech and Landing 4 J2s on NON-big chars

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yes she can, you can literally teleport anywhere you want, punish black magic with instant teleport. Believe me, play the MU bore and you'll see.
But what Black Adam must do is to play an air game, our teleport is punisheable... Why would he do black magic? I will play it more but for what i've played it's not a good one, it might he even at best if you're right. Black Adam players must play this match up different, the same is for Superman, but they can handle her perfectly. They can play an air game & there's no much we can do... Up close he defeats Zatanna, she can't zone... We are not going to wait him to use black magic all match long right? He can just not use it
Maybe everyone must figure the Zatanna match up out.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
But what Black Adam must do is to play an air game, our teleport is punisheable... Why would he do black magic? I will play it more but for what i've played it's not a good one, it might he even at best if you're right. Black Adam players must play this match up different, the same is for Superman, but they can handle her perfectly. They can play an air game & there's no much we can do... Up close he defeats Zatanna, she can't zone... We are not going to wait him to use black magic all match long right? He can just not use it
Maybe everyone must figure the Zatanna match up out.

Eh we'll talk about this in the MU thread, but she can zone him, you need to bait him into wanting to do lightning or black magic and teleport on it, and the same goes for his divekick, teleport and punish. Make him whiff moves and punish, that's all you need to do.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Eh we'll talk about this in the MU thread, but she can zone him, you need to bait him into wanting to do lightning or black magic and teleport on it, and the same goes for his divekick, teleport and punish. Make him whiff moves and punish, that's all you need to do.
Lol yes, let's talk on there! No she can't S: if she constantly throws projectiles he will punish with dive kick or black magic. Also dive kick is hard as hell to react & teleport. She can't punish dive kick on whiff after a tele tho. But the thing is that i don't know why Black Adam whould just throw random black magics. Lightning is also difficult to react to (maybe impossible) also dounting the 12 frames of start up of our teleport

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Lol yes, let's talk on there! No she can't S: if she constantly throws projectiles he will punish with dive kick or black magic. Also dive kick is hard as hell to react & teleport. She can't punish dive kick on whiff after a tele tho. But the thing is that i don't know why Black Adam whould just throw random black magics. Lightning is also difficult to react to (maybe impossible) also dounting the 12 frames of start up of our teleport

I'm telling you it's easy to react to lightning and anything with teleport, I've done it. She's able to throw projectiles, and once you can get a hardknockdown you can go into trait and do stuff :)

He throws black magic out to check you from full screen because it has faster startup than lightning. And it really isn't that hard to react to lightning or dive kick online even. Teleport on read or even reaction to lightning grants full combo.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
yessssssssss deg <3 this is the kind of stuff i was 100% would be coming out and will still be coming out that will make this char really good. down with the zatanna doubters

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
He throws black magic out to check you from full screen because it has faster startup than lightning. And it really isn't that hard to react to lightning or dive kick online even. Teleport on read or even reaction to lightning grants full combo.
Ok! I will try this! It would be dumb if they just keep sending random black magics... But can't they just make a false move for us to think it will be a lightning, teleport & punish us?

Well i will stfu atm i really wanna try this MU more

AK elitegoomba

also deg222 idk if you realized but the j2 levi j2 loop timing that you demonstrated allows for a very tight infinite on certain chars in the corner

AK elitegoomba

It infinites because the 3rd j2 doesn't cross up?
no it stays in front, i just did it on joker it loops, testing more chars now

i think it only stays in front if you stagger enough after the levitate and obviously the j2 after levi has to be as low as possible, and the initial j2 has to be as soon as possible. buts its definitely looping

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
no it stays in front, i just did it on joker it loops, testing more chars now

i think it only stays in front if you stagger enough after the levitate and obviously the j2 after levi has to be as low as possible, and the initial j2 has to be as soon as possible. buts its definitely looping
Daaaamn, that's nuts. I'm gonna start infiniting everyone with no regrets now!

AK elitegoomba

Daaaamn, that's nuts. I'm gonna start infiniting everyone with no regrets now!
black adam can get some loops too. but in reality its pretty pointless because A. the timing is reeaaaaaaallllllllyyyy tight B. NRS already said they are taking away the j2 loops as an infinite

deg222

black adam can get some loops too. but in reality its pretty pointless because A. the timing is reeaaaaaaallllllllyyyy tight B. NRS already said they are taking away the j2 loops as an infinite
Yeah I guess. I was wondering on how they're gonna fix that. Are they just gonna make a levitate cancel jump attack have less hit stun? If so that would kinda suck, wouldn't be able to connect a b3 anymore.

AK elitegoomba

Yeah I guess. I was wondering on how they're gonna fix that. Are they just gonna make a levitate cancel jump attack have less hit stun? If so that would kinda suck, wouldn't be able to connect a b3 anymore.
iirc hecter said if you do more than 4 jump 2s in a combo they will fall out of the combo or something along those lines. j2 j2 b3 will still work

AK elitegoomba

btw tested on joker, black adam, even tiny green arrow and catwoman. they can all get the loops. i think its safe to say zatanna has a meterless infinite in the corner on the entire cast

deg222

btw tested on joker, black adam, even tiny green arrow and catwoman. they can all get the loops. i think its safe to say zatanna has a meterless infinite in the corner on the entire cast
Did you get the 4 j2s to work midscreen on smaller characters? I couldn't get it to work.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Whoever truly believes she's bottom tier doesn't understand how she works.

its hard to say. shes really new and i feel like an overwhelming majority of the matchups in this game barely anyone knows shit about. in this game i think for the mot part the cast is full of incredibly strong characters, kind of like guilty gear. in the end it just goes purely to matchups but almost everyone seems to have some really good tools or tool that can potentially be really good at the very least.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice find man.

although that alot of people doing combos in general starting with j2~levi~j2 rather than just in middle of combos,
havnt really seen anyone talk about how bad j2~levi is when the j2 is blocked, its not easiest thing to hit confirm and you can be punished pretty handy if u try levi on block.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
YEAH SHE HAS DIRTY MIXUPS AND RESETS BUT HER OVERHEAD AND LOW IS TOO SLOWWWWW:(((!!!! NRS PLS BUFF STARTUP FOR THOSE MOVES SO I CAN GET IN EASILY AND APPLY MY VAST AMOUNT OF RESET/MIXUP POTENTIAL!!! SHES TOO LOW TIER!! LOW TIER!! ZATANNA SUCKS!! /idiots.