What's new

General/Other Smoke Reset

Altsa

I think you should be able to test that by doing a njp after the EX bomb. If they bounce then they were on the ground, if they get faceplanted then they were in the air. At least I think they should. I would test but I'm getting ready to leave for work.
I tried doing a njp in the corner after the EN bomb reset and they got "faceplanted"

I tried doing a njp in the corner after the EN bomb reset and they got "faceplanted"
I guess that is good news in 2 possible ways. 1 being that I did not screw up my attempted second resets and the second more important reason is that NRS may have actually done that on purpose. I seriously doubt the second one but I really do not think this is overly game changing so maybe NRS will leave it in.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I guess that is good news in 2 possible ways. 1 being that I did not screw up my attempted second resets and the second more important reason is that NRS may have actually done that on purpose. I seriously doubt the second one but I really do not think this is overly game changing so maybe NRS will leave it in.
It's pretty OP, and should probably go, but still less so than cyrax. And besides that, I'll bet that their patch has already been submitted to MS/PSN and is too late to fix for now.

Cyrax only needs one meter and can get over 100% mid screen.

Who wants to bet that Cyrax defenders will flip shit after Smoke blows them up with an 80%+ combo?

I'm going to spend tonight adapting a corner combo that begins with 214. I like corner combos that start with 214.

It's pretty OP, and should probably go, but still less so than cyrax. And besides that, I'll bet that their patch has already been submitted to MS/PSN and is too late to fix for now.

Who wants to bet that Cyrax defenders will flip shit after Smoke blows them up with an 80%+ combo?

I'm going to spend tonight adapting a corner combo that begins with 214. I like corner combos that start with 214.
Your right it is pretty OP to be able to do 80+% damage or even the more realistic 60-70% that would happen more often. I guess I had a KL moment. You know when people that main KL actually think that he is fine the way he is.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Dam it. I was hoping this wouldnt have come out. I found this a week ago. I was going to make a combo vid. Ive already done 100% + combos.

This works midscreen too, though if you want it to work midscreen, you have to make f+4 hit with only the first or second hit afthe the smoke bomb and it has to hit while they are low to the ground. Timing and placement are critical and its not easy. In the corner its easy.

TONY-T

Mad scientist

Dude this is way more powerful then cyrax. Smoke only needs 2 bars for a 100% combo. Cyrax needs 3 bars for a 100% combo.

so if i set the dummy to crouch block and then try it by just having the first 3 in the 3d12 combo then go for EX smoke bomb, the combo doesn't reset they just bounce off the ground. Does this really work??

EDIT:: as soon as I typed this I got it. It appears to be a weird timing with the ex smoke bomb though.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Dude this is way more powerful then cyrax. Smoke only needs 2 bars for a 100% combo. Cyrax needs 3 bars for a 100% combo.
Eh, its about even. I'm not sure Smoke can break 100, but yea its 1 less meter.

For 1 more meter you can do 100% anywhere on screen. Smoke can only hit his reset in the corner or as a wall carry.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Is there a way to practice those kombos without a human trying to block them (I.e. with the shitty training dummy) ?
I always loved kombos that involve f4 and i've found a few nice relaunches from them but how am i to know if they are really guaranteed when i only have the dummy that can't block properly and i have no human to test it?

arydious

Noob
Great find for the reset, Im going to get to work and try getting this down. The downside is, if i actually pull this off against the people i normally play they will have even more reason to say smoke is broken. They think smoke is OP just because you can easily link smoke bomb with 3d12 dash 3d12 jk airgrab. I guess ill give them some more reasons to cry

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Eh, its about even. I'm not sure Smoke can break 100, but yea its 1 less meter.

For 1 more meter you can do 100% anywhere on screen. Smoke can only hit his reset in the corner or as a wall carry.
uf+2, 3,d,1,2, d+2, 3,2, 3,2, 2,1~SB, f+4, EXSB, f+4, EXSB, 3,2, 3,d,1,2, uf+4, throw..

That should pretty much do it.

Ive done a 3 bar version that did well over 100% and it started midscreen too

arydious

Noob

lol, it's good for Smoke players. Maybe Cyrax defenders can be given a taste of their own medicine now. I'm sure everyone will be up in arms over this even though they're letting Cyrax slip by under the radar. It will probably get nerfed out anyway.

I would encourage everyone to put this through the ringer and see if it can be debunked.
Ok so far i have done a little training with this, Im just making sure i have the input correct, the start is jp 3d12 32 32 32 21 smokebomb 214 ex smokebomb right? Cause i am having a hard time landing the 32 32 32 i can get it two times guaranteed but the third is hit or miss for me. I think my controller is effed up as well, guess ill be going to ebay after this they are only 1799 on there as opposed to 5499 at the store, only difference is the langauge on back is Chinese haha

fleshmasher

i got the poison
but how do i know if i'm doing it right?

edit: this also means testing my own combos, not just redoing the combos that were already posted.

I have my own relaunches (mid screen too) but how do i know if they really work?

arydious

Noob
to know if they really work you would either A need to get a friend to test them out with or B post them here and see if someone else can confirm them.

arydious

Noob
I like this even if it is blockable, if your playing a very offensive game most people just want out so they will not block and you screw them up, I can pull it off a lot against my buddies. I do not use it often because i do not want them to get used to it. It has really shined when I face a subzero