What's new

General/Other Smoke Reset

In the audio it sounded like you had someone helping you? Try testing it with someone taking over instead of the AI. I haven't tested it myself but from the looks of it, if your opponent blocks he will be forced into a standing position. The AI isn't very clever and won't block during certain periods when it could (Like just after a footsweep). OTG effects, unless they are unblockable (E. Hellfire for instance) will reset your opponent's position into a block on contact. Now that's not a particularly bad thing since it denies your opponent a wakeup and puts them in block stun but that's something that's inherent in the programming and prevents things like 100% combos.
Well I just tested. I put on a seperate controller as a human, and after the first 3d12 string I rubberbanded the block button (I knew it would firmly hold the block button because the band had alot of resistance for it was strung taut. And after numerous attempts it consistently held the block button and was able to block the EX smokebomb at the end), then I proceeded to do the combo and it worked.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm so fucking glad you took the time to pursue this while we all dismissed it as another iteration of the known Smoke reset.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT F+4 > EX SMOKE BOMB IS A TRUE RESET (in certain situations). IT CANNOT BE BLOCKED.

A video with combo damage rivaling cyrax's insane resets and much more practical is on it's way.

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
I'm so fucking glad you took the time to pursue this while we all dismissed it as another iteration of the known Smoke reset.

I CAN CONFIRM THAT F+4 > EX SMOKE BOMB IS A TRUE RESET (in certain situations). IT CANNOT BE BLOCKED.

A video with combo damage rivaling cyrax's insane resets and much more practical is on it's way.
Not sure if I like that "combo damage rivaling cyrax's resets" but any new technology for any character is always an exciting time and I look forward to seeing these new tactics :D

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

Not sure if this is a good thing.
lol, it's good for Smoke players. Maybe Cyrax defenders can be given a taste of their own medicine now. I'm sure everyone will be up in arms over this even though they're letting Cyrax slip by under the radar. It will probably get nerfed out anyway.

I would encourage everyone to put this through the ringer and see if it can be debunked.

But isn't that using Smoke's MK2 costume with the otg bomb glitch that's supposed to be removed?

Or does it work with regular costumes as well?

Altsa

Well Smoke has a reset after all. It is not completely foolproof, it takes some timing to do it correctly when you are not in the corner. There are also more important things to think about, such as how we are going to bribe a mod to delete this thread.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Man, why you gotta be going and telling everybody! T.T

they were going to find out sooner or later.

I originally wasn't going to be able to make it to Summer Jam, but now I'm going to do everything I possibly can to get there and blow people up with this.

So much salt.

Hey since you can do it when they are standing in the corner as well doesn't that mean you could do it up to 3 times in one combo with a full bar?

Altsa

^I had 10 minutes to check this reset today and I tried to get multiple resets to work in corner. In theory it could work as the reset happens after the opponent is hit with a second smokebomb "in the same combo". I´ll try again when I have time.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Doooo itttttt. 100% combos incoming.

Nah, it'll be more like 95%.
I would but I'm at work... if it works the way I think it might you could get: 45 (reset) 36 (reset) 36(reset) 36 for 153% LMAO

inputs would be:

(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > 32 > 32 > 32 > 21 xx smoke bomb > f4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > f4 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > EX smoke bomb > 3d12 > 3d12 > jump kick/air throw

OR (you could probably also do)

(jump in punch) 3d12 > njp > 32 > 32 > 32 > 21 xx smoke bomb > f4 > EX smoke bomb > 32 > 32 > 32 > f4 > EX smoke bomb > 32 > 32 > 32 > f4 > EX smoke bomb > 32 > 32 > 32 > jump kick/air throw

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
153%? Going to sleep soon and eagerly waiting for a massive shitstorm when I wake up.
well, it's just theory crafting but I don't see why the reset wouldn't work multiple times in a row. it has to do with their level of fall when f4 hits, and when you hit the reset, the level of fall also resets to 1.

Therefore, you should be able to combo them into level 4 fall and end with f4 resetting them again (up to 3 times with a full bar)

Smoke just got broken SON.

I will be testing this in a couple of hours. I am really looking forward to seeing if I can get this tech down. Tourney this weekend too. I am very excited and scared that someone may stab me if I can pull off a huge Cyrax like combo and completely end a round before they have a chance to do anything.

I have tried and tried to reset the combo a second time and it does not work, at least for me. I wish I had a video but sorry no easy way to do it. The bomb in the second combo just juggles them as if your doing an OTG smoke bomb. It also seemed to me that the gravity was stronger after the reset than before, but that could just be me.

I have the reset more or less down which is awesome. Still weird seeing the second smoke bomb hit and then having to continue to combo. I was able to use even simple combos into the reset, though the timing is tricky outside of the corner.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I have tried and tried to reset the combo a second time and it does not work, at least for me. I wish I had a video but sorry no easy way to do it. The bomb in the second combo just juggles them as if your doing an OTG smoke bomb. It also seemed to me that the gravity was stronger after the reset than before, but that could just be me.

I have the reset more or less down which is awesome. Still weird seeing the second smoke bomb hit and then having to continue to combo. I was able to use even simple combos into the reset, though the timing is tricky outside of the corner.
Interesting... well, they might be in level 2 fall if the game reads it as a touch to the ground (ending the combo) and then they bounce off the ground and the EX smoke bomb hits them while they're in the air.

If it really doesn't work more than once in a row that would be very very strange indeed... because the circumstances should be repeating exactly the second time. That is, unless it was... INTENTIONAL. DUN DUN DUN. (probably not)

Also, I'm thoroughly surprised that this hasn't been flooded with posts yet.

I think you should be able to test that by doing a njp after the EX bomb. If they bounce then they were on the ground, if they get faceplanted then they were in the air. At least I think they should. I would test but I'm getting ready to leave for work.