What's new

General/Other Smoke Reset

Sorry if this is already known but if u do 3 d1 2,dash, 3 2 ,dash, 2 1 4 ex smokebomb it catches them and starts a new combo. Be aware u can backroll out of it. Initial combo does 28% then ex smoke bomb does 10% and if you end with 3 2 ,dash, 3 2, jmp 3 into air grab it does 33%.

REYTHEGREAT

It's a practice glitch. It won't work in a real match. That is, if this is the same stuff which was discussed a while back. If not, ignore me. But if it is, it's something with the practice mode.

I've done this before in practice mode. It's just a glitch though; the practice dummy will never block the ex smokebomb (even if you pause during the smokebomb's startup and set it to always block), but a human player can.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
I've done this before in practice mode. It's just a glitch though; the practice dummy will never block the ex smokebomb (even if you pause during the smokebomb's startup and set it to always block), but a human player can.
THIS^^
sadly this is true, i was all excited a while back aswell, i got like 66% damage in practice, then i put it to the test with my kid, and he blocked it 100% of the times :(

It's a practice glitch. It won't work in a real match. That is, if this is the same stuff which was discussed a while back. If not, ignore me. But if it is, it's something with the practice mode.
ugh I already knew bout the practice glitch but when the OP said how to stop the reset i figured he already tested this thing out *(. Well there goes my plan to tear $hit up at VSM this thusday with this new combo.

hardwire

Noob
ugh I already knew bout the practice glitch but when the OP said how to stop the reset i figured he already tested this thing out *(. Well there goes my plan to tear $hit up at VSM this thusday with this new combo.
remeber they still have to block it

through it out every once in a while and see if the fish are biting :)

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Yep, it stuffs wakeup attacks nicely.
and there are setups where they can't roll clear of it(so they have to block.)

f+4 as late kombo ender.
Example: 3d+12, NJP, 32, bomb, 32, f+4, enhanced smoke bomb.
Timing is iffy though, it doesn't always relaunch and if you mistime badly (f+4 too early) the bomb will miss.

Also NJP as kombo ender (the non bounce version)
Example: 3d+12, NJP, 32, 4, bomb, NJP, enhanced bomb.
No relaunch after NJP though.

I'm pretty sure they can't roll (despite the crappy dummy) because he's at the other end of the screen (not corner), there's no space to roll.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
remeber they still have to block it

through it out every once in a while and see if the fish are biting :)
very true, as i tested it online knowing it wasnt going to work, and i got 3 opponents out of ten tofall for it lol, so i guess to the unsuspecting ones, it should work, so 66% smoke fake reset FTW lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

I go over the reset at 3:40. EX smokebomb will reset the juggle at level 3 fall, regardless of what comes before it. It is always blockable too.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Can you do it so that the opponent is unable to roll?
Else you risk roll into wakeup punishment.
I set up my reset in a way that eliminates rollback. The EX bomb hits the instant they touch the ground which should pull them out before the roll can even happen.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Cool!

PS.: I hate the damned dummy. At the moment it blocks my Enhanced Bombs even though its set to blocking: off
NOT FUNNY!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I already made a thread about this. It is a win/win. If the opponent does not block the EX smoke cloud they eat the 10% unscaled damage and if they do block it they recieve 2% chip damage and prevents their wake-up attack.

I use this quite a bit especially after an air grab.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I already made a thread about this. It is a win/win. If the opponent does not block the EX smoke cloud they eat the 10% unscaled damage and if they do block it they recieve 2% chip damage and prevents their wake-up attack.

I use this quite a bit especially after an air grab.
The reset is different from OTG ex bomb. When you hit the reset right it ends one combo and pulls them back in with EX bomb for another full combo.

New Smoke Reset?

I haven't tested this outside of practice mode, so I don't know if this exactly works and if this has already been known I'm sorry for being a dumbass.

If you do the combo: jump punch starter (not neutral) 3d12, 32, 3d12, then f4 then an EX smoke bomb, if the combo ends in the corner, the EX smoke bomb will catch them and will pop them back up with certain timing (sometimes it'll still do the otg bomb knockdown) Can anyone test this and confirm it's an actual reset because I don't have anyone to help me. I'll try to get a video of it later.

Altsa

It is not. Smoke has no true resets. The opponent can always block the EN smoke bomb. It only works when the opponent is not holding block when the bomb connects (might still happen, though).

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
It is not. Smoke has no true resets. The opponent can always block the EN smoke bomb. It only works when the opponent is not holding block when the bomb connects (might still happen, though).
Yep.

Basically this will happen after any instance of them being in or around level 3 fall.

Alright I got a video up. Are you sure this doesn't work? I have tried autoblock, techroll, turning on block after the first popup string, and every combination in between, and they all had the same result.

Pagan

Noob
In the audio it sounded like you had someone helping you? Try testing it with someone taking over instead of the AI. I haven't tested it myself but from the looks of it, if your opponent blocks he will be forced into a standing position. The AI isn't very clever and won't block during certain periods when it could (Like just after a footsweep). OTG effects, unless they are unblockable (E. Hellfire for instance) will reset your opponent's position into a block on contact. Now that's not a particularly bad thing since it denies your opponent a wakeup and puts them in block stun but that's something that's inherent in the programming and prevents things like 100% combos.