What's new

Smoke General Discussion

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I'm really interested in his cancels and how they impact his gameplay. I'm really curious to see the speed difference between his OH and Low and if they will both be safe. Also... hoping that he has a usable mid.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I feel like he's going to be insane with Stryker. The "ambush" grenades seem like they will be able to make anything safe and cover his approach, so full-screen get-in-for-free with smoke bomb, and ending kombos with the Stryker restand could lead into a 50/50 vortex similar to Batgirl.

I'm also really curious what his kameo moves will be.

Amirluc

Kaballin'
I feel like he's going to be insane with Stryker. The "ambush" grenades seem like they will be able to make anything safe and cover his approach, so full-screen get-in-for-free with smoke bomb, and ending kombos with the Stryker restand could lead into a 50/50 vortex similar to Batgirl.

I'm also really curious what his kameo moves will be.
Kameo? There’s no kameo smoke unless you mean story only

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is this new information? Never heard that before
Nope, they've talked about it in Kombat Kasts and they've shown footage of Sub-Zero's and Scorpion's Kameo specials. In the most recent Johnny Cage video, you can see Scorpion's.

But yeah, you can even play Smoke and have Smoke as your Kameo lol.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Nope, they've talked about it in Kombat Kasts and they've shown footage of Sub-Zero's and Scorpion's Kameo specials. In the most recent Johnny Cage video, you can see Scorpion's.

But yeah, you can even play Smoke and have Smoke as your Kameo lol.
Are you absolutely sure about this? I've watched all the KK and FOR SURE don't remember any of them mention "every character" being usable as a kameo. Could you be so kind as to provide a timestamp or something? Because this is HUGE. Scorpion and Sub-zero are usable because they are in the kameo roster, and some kameos are in the story mode (albeit you dont have fatal blows with them, for example, in the Kung Lao Chapter with Raiden as a kameo).

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't have time to find it right now, but yes, I am positive. Any playable character can also be used as a Kameo. @Evil Canadian might know more specifics.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't have time to find it right now, but yes, I am positive. Any playable character can also be used as a Kameo. @Evil Canadian might know more specifics.
This isn't the case lol. Rain for example will not have a Kameo unless there is a future DLC. And the number is not equal, overall there are less Kameo characters than main roster characters, while also some like Motaro, Sareena, etc being Kameo-exclusive characters. Some story mode Kameos are only story mode and not for competitive play. Etc.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As most know, he’s gonna be one of my mains. Him and Scorpion are 100% locks, but I really think I’m gonna use A LOT of characters in this game which is one of the reasons I’m so excited. In every NRS game, only like 2 characters ever really interest me. MK11 had the most with 4 (Scorpion, Geras, Nightwolf and Jacqui), but Jacqui was mainly because she was super good and really easy to use. But with MK1, I’m interested in literally all but like 5 or so characters.

Anyway, I’m really excited to get my hands on this redesigned Smoke. Especially combining him with some of the Kameos I’ve seen. I really am going to be in the lab training for hours on end in this game

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just rewatched his Kombat Kast breakdown and am totally torn between him an Reiko. If he's got a quick mid, I think he's going to be pretty busted. They call him "high risk" in the KK, but I think kamoes will mitigate the riskiness of most characters.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I just rewatched his Kombat Kast breakdown and am totally torn between him an Reiko. If he's got a quick mid, I think he's going to be pretty busted. They call him "high risk" in the KK, but I think kamoes will mitigate the riskiness of most characters.
yep , totally right

I think that Frost kameo and Sareena kameo could be great choices to pair with Smoke crazy gameplay

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Man his Vicious Vapors (bf3) Cancel is difficult to do out of some strings. The timing is super strict, but doing it raw is super easy. It’s just the cancel part is weird. You can’t just input a string into it super quickly, you have to do the bf3 really late otherwise the cancel won’t work. I’ve just recently started labbing him after doing his combo trials and my thumbs are already hurting.

His low starter BnB that requires the cancel I got down, but it’s gonna take a lot of practicing the same combos to get the execution down. Also this makes me think that he’s gonna be difficult to use online, at least as far as using the cancel is concerned.

Anyway, aside from that I’m having fun with him. Just barely have had time to lab.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
So far the I recommend Sareena as Smokes kameo. Her b+k assist allows for easy links and with 1 bar and 1 assist you are always just under 40%.

If you do the b+k assist twice you can get 45-48%.

The largest damage comes from looping jump 11 ex teleport, 11 ex teleport, 11 ex teleport, 112. Easiest way to is to use the 23 pop up and loop the Rx teleports.

I got 50+%.

I agree with the statement above the cancel window is tight on the smoke dash cancel.

biggest downfall smoke has right now is he has a gap in all of his major mixups. People will start to armor through everything.

testing now to see if smoke is plus off any of his cancels. First impression is no.