What's new

Match-up Discussion Smarrgasm Rain MU Chart

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
At NEC I got some experience with the absolute best of some respected characters that I previously had little experience against, sets against Tyrant and JR and after discussing with them 6-4 Jax. Hitbox, zoning, and battle of armor. Jax's pressure isn't as scary as say sonya but jax has very good tools for punishing rain's mistakes. Forget teleporting and throwing out a geyser, rain has to keep the meter lead and make jax guess wrong at least once a round to win. The MU I avoided forever I finnaly got to get time in with Showtime and Death was Sonya, key thing is safety, safe mixup and pressure maaaan. If you read her and you ex RH, she can counter with EX Wheel, and that just makes you feel shut down. But even with all that in her favor, I still only put it as a 6-4 and they agree. Play smart poke out and it's almost the same game plan both ways she just does it better. just a couple of the ones listed that are newly explored for me.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Need to reanalyze a couple MUs and play them more. Jax (could be 5-5 but rains hitbox still scares me), Mil (this bitch), Ermac (goes toe to toe damage wise and has decent keep away), and Skarlet (Rains hitbox and her super armor plus mobility and zoning. Fun but could be 4-6).

Anybody else have some MUs they would really like to discuss more?
Reno_Racks Mr Aquaman Mothmonsterman0 BookBurning STB Bodam FCP/EMP SCAR
I can all thoughts being 4 - 6. Mil might be 5 - 5 though. once you get the life lead on Mil, she isn't hard to fight. If you're a High damaging character, like Rain, it only helps. Mileena is also very vulnerable to armor. 5 - 5 and no worse then 4 - 6 IMO

Need to reanalyze a couple MUs and play them more. Jax (could be 5-5 but rains hitbox still scares me), Mil (this bitch), Ermac (goes toe to toe damage wise and has decent keep away), and Skarlet (Rains hitbox and her super armor plus mobility and zoning. Fun but could be 4-6).

Anybody else have some MUs they would really like to discuss more?
Reno_Racks Mr Aquaman Mothmonsterman0 BookBurning STB Bodam FCP/EMP SCAR
Jax is 5-5 just make sure ur spacing is on point, also do not get caught in the corner if u do u can hang it up, because of his hitbox f4 1 3 can jail into an infinite like repetition, but i think as in most pressure based char matchups this is where rain shines hes build for pressure fighters, this matchup is not bad, as for mileena patience is key and armor reads are ur best friend, try reading her d4 and punish wit 4 into bubble, the rest of what to do in this matchup should already be known, now ermac could be 4-6 because of the points u stated above, but its possible to pull of wins in this matchup wit patience n armor cancels to get it for chip meter build pressure n possible punishes, only thing to be worried about mostly is force pushes and just do it wakeups lol. And skarlet is 5-5

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Lets seem em, champ
Updated.
Changes were to baraka, cyrax, ermac, freddy, johnny, Kabal, Kenshi, Kitana, Lao, Kang, Mileena, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Shang, SMoke, Sonya, and sub zero. Went from 150/300 to 133/300. These are about as honest as i truly can get on my numbers.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Updated.
Changes were to baraka, cyrax, ermac, freddy, johnny, Kabal, Kenshi, Kitana, Lao, Kang, Mileena, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Shang, SMoke, Sonya, and sub zero. Went from 150/300 to 133/300. These are about as honest as i truly can get on my numbers.
I'll bite my tongue and just agree with you

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
What made you change Reptile to 4-6?
This is no longer my personal feelings on the MU cause i play reptile a ton. This is based on actual MU numbers. Reptile has the mobility and zoning to deal with rain. He gets out of pressure easily and has good spacing with d4

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I still stand by this, hes a great char, bad mixups though, 5-5 alot of the cast, but loses to most of the top tier bad, kitana 3-7 kenshi 2-8 kabal maybe 4-6, and not a whole lot of winning mu's at all. Hes just super solid. Requires reads to win. RH cancels are ok, the chip is great, he needs meter do anything really without a jump in or hit confirming a 4,3 which is a bitch. 50% meterless doe.........

I still stand by this, hes a great char, bad mixups though, 5-5 alot of the cast, but loses to most of the top tier bad, kitana 3-7 kenshi 2-8 kabal maybe 4-6, and not a whole lot of winning mu's at all. Hes just super solid. Requires reads to win. RH cancels are ok, the chip is great, he needs meter do anything really without a jump in or hit confirming a 4,3 which is a bitch. 50% meterless doe.........
It helps that he hurts u when he catches u.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
The round house cancels are always in your favor though. If you do 43~Round house cancel, and they don't poke out, you can keep doing it while taking decent chip and building a good amount of meter. If you do 43~round house cancel and they poke out, whatever they are out of your pressure. But if you do 43~roundhouse and you don't cancel it and they try to poke out, they are getting sent around the world and losing at least 30% life, possibly losing a bar of meter, and probably ending up in a standing reset where you can 43 them some more

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The round house cancels are always in your favor though. If you do 43~Round house cancel, and they don't poke out, you can keep doing it while taking decent chip and building a good amount of meter. If you do 43~round house cancel and they poke out, whatever they are out of your pressure. But if you do 43~roundhouse and you don't cancel it and they try to poke out, they are getting sent around the world and losing at least 30% life, possibly losing a bar of meter, and probably ending up in a standing reset where you can 43 them some more
I absolutely agree with the guessing game with rh cancel, nothing makes me more happy than to catch someone trying to poke. Listen I will downplay him to hell and back but I will never disagree with how good his shit is!