What's new

Guide Skarlet's Execution

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Ill try this out when I get home.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Its still hard, but it gives you the double tap which helps. I've been practicing jump dashing out of a ground dagger, then just using the negative edge on it to get the timing right, then adding the release and press as a double tap. I feel like it helps to get the instant air dagger to come out, and its a nasty little shenanigan to mix into her dagger cancels. Nothing feels better than when they are trying to advance and that dagger slaps them in the face.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
1 or Throw After 1, 1, 2, Red Dash:
If you end a combo with 1, 1, 2, Red Dash, you have a tiny window to get in a guaranteed 1 or Throw attempt. Watch the trail of blood Skarlet makes during her Red Dash. Once you see the blood stop, input 1 or Throw. (1, 1, 4 is recommended when inputting 1.) This is not 100% guaranteed but it helps with timing.
One thing I look at is her back hand, the hand that is on the opposite side of the direction she is dashing. It swings out from her body when the dash starts, and is closest to her hips when the dash is done. When her hand is closest to her hip reveals the very last moment for you to be able to input a delayed slide, or once the hand gets back to her it it reveals that the dash is done and you can input your next command. This is useful to mix up dash then immediate slide, or dash (then watch the hand) then input the 4 just as the hand comes back to her hip, or input the throw or 1,1, just after that moment.

The cool thing about using this to find the very last possible moment in the dash, is that you can make it ambiguous as to if you will slide or throw. If you are doing it right the dash then slide can look like two totally different moves. The first version is dash then immediate slide, I count that out in my head like '1...2'. The most delayed version of the slide I count out like '1...1...2'. Obviously those aren't full second counts, but more of a rhythmic musical count. I've heard this talked about on here but don't see people taking full advantage of the different timings the same move can have.

ryublaze

Noob
I've got a great tip that has been working for me for instant air daggers, and has lead me to more variety in my mixups, I've been nailing these with varios amounts of lag online too... I don't have a way to capture video or I would make one to share, but here it is and if you guys find it useful feel free to make a vid to share it:

Throw a ground dagger, then cancel before the second dagger with Back, then Up and Back to jump out of the dagger toss, then d,f. The jump out of the dagger toss isn't the new tech, but the next part is what makes this helpful. For the input of 1 for the Instant Air Dagger, release 1, since you will still have it pressed from your ground dagger cancel. This alone works well but it also serves as a double tap if you throw the ground dagger, jump back to cancel, input the d,f, then release and then tap 1. Using the negative edge on release, then tapping it again makes it a double tap giving you two chances at getting the perfect timing. Works like a charm.
I tried doing this but whenever I input D, F the dagger doesn't come out and when I tap 1 again it's hard for me to get the dagger to hit the opponent's head. :oops: