What's new

Guide Skarlet's Execution

Warborn

Freebies for all
thanks man ive just been sittin in practice wit her for de last 2 days lol shes got some crazy shit
Yeah she's fun! I started using her over a month ago and am still learning things. I'll be online in a bit stack we can spar around later and I'll try to help out.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah she's fun! I started using her over a month ago and am still learning things. I'll be online in a bit stack we can spar around later and I'll try to help out.
cool now bear in mind shes a day old lol:tonyt

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
man im lovin skarlet so far shes like a puzzle i just have to solve
quick question is f33 a good string to use to get in
im only using her since yesterday but i was having trouble against people crouching an stuff i couldnt get in and kept gettin uppercutted
if people are ducking on u so much trying do d4 to red slide mix ups and f3,3 is a slow start up move(i think 19 frames) so only use it on jip. try using f4 because the hitbox is almost jump distance. Also do a couple of down daggers to get people moving cause i catch people trying to AA me and they get a dagger in their chest so they are more cautious on when to try an AA so this leads to more jip.

ryublaze

Noob
im only using her since yesterday but i was having trouble against people crouching an stuff i couldnt get in and kept gettin uppercutted
In my opinion, F3, 3 isn't very good. I think you can see why just by looking at the frame data. It may work against people who don't know how to fight Skarlet, but if you play an experienced player they'll start blocking that low and poking/jumping out if you link it into Red Dash. IMO anytime you land a jip you should go for F2, 1, 2, 1+2 or 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger Toss (dash cancel), F2, 1, 2, 1+2.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
In my opinion, F3, 3 isn't very good. I think you can see why just by looking at the frame data. It may work against people who don't know how to fight Skarlet, but if you play an experienced player they'll start blocking that low and poking/jumping out if you link it into Red Dash. IMO anytime you land a jip you should go for F2, 1, 2, 1+2 or 1, 1, 4, EX Dagger Toss (dash cancel), F2, 1, 2, 1+2.
F3,3 is useful mid-reset combo to mix in once in awhile - it can fluster opponents to suddenly be hit by the 2nd '3' - follow this with a Red Dash cancel'd Down Slash and you may catch someone not-so-certain anymore how to block (or trying to do a special thinking they can counter you out of Red Dash which they can't).

fr stack

F3,3 is useful mid-reset combo to mix in once in awhile - it can fluster opponents to suddenly be hit by the 2nd '3' - follow this with a Red Dash cancel'd Down Slash and you may catch someone not-so-certain anymore how to block (or trying to do a special thinking they can counter you out of Red Dash which they can't).
thanks for the replies guys
basically i wanna revolve my game around keeping them standing and taking block damage her block string is so godlike

Flagg

Noob
B1F3 hit's mid, and as most people are unfamiliar with the match up still, will likely get nailed if they are crouch blocking.

Flagg

Noob
I know this sounds a stupid question, but I find doing 23 into dagger inconsistent.

For instance, I can pressure well with 23 into dagger if im rushing down but if I try using 23 dagger to extend a juggle, sometimes I drop it. It's really frustrating and I don't want to give her up for dropping combos.

fr stack

I know this sounds a stupid question, but I find doing 23 into dagger inconsistent.

For instance, I can pressure well with 23 into dagger if im rushing down but if I try using 23 dagger to extend a juggle, sometimes I drop it. It's really frustrating and I don't want to give her up for dropping combos.
i may have found the inputs for this say they're in de air u can do 2 d3 f1 ff negative edge will register it as 23 df 1 ff

Ninj

The problem may be the combo you're attempting. Do this one and tell me how it goes:

2,1,2,DF1- xx 2,3,DF1- xx 2,3DF3,4

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
B1F3 hit's mid, and as most people are unfamiliar with the match up still, will likely get nailed if they are crouch blocking.

B1F3 leads to knock down, which isn't terrible, but if you can lead to 50/50 into reset its much better. You might as well finish the b11f4, if it launches great, if not finish with a slide for safety or overhead if you expect crouch block.

Flagg

Noob
The problem may be the combo you're attempting. Do this one and tell me how it goes:

2,1,2,DF1- xx 2,3,DF1- xx 2,3DF3,4

Wow, I actually find that quite hard to do for some reason.

I can 212 into red dash 4 no problem. I can even do 212 into up slash but for some reason, I find it hard to hit confirm that 212 dagger. I dont know if im inputting too quickly or not, because I can dial the others in easy enough but not this. Continuing/ending combos with 212 or 23 dash im finding im getting down, but 5 times out of 10, confirming dagger is tricky, and i really think it would be the other way round. And i know, dagger cancels is where you get the big damage from.

I dont know how I can rattle off her F212 1+2 into dash up slash relatively easy but I find something as simple as 212 dagger cancel hard. Im even finding her Jp, U3 into air dagger, then combo, easier.

Flagg

Noob
B1F3 leads to knock down, which isn't terrible, but if you can lead to 50/50 into reset its much better. You might as well finish the b11f4, if it launches great, if not finish with a slide for safety or overhead if you expect crouch block.
Do you find negative edge is Skarlets worst enemy?

Hitting B11F4 into dash up slash is easy enough when it lands, but damn, sometimes I get B114 instead.

Ninj

Wow, I actually find that quite hard to do for some reason.

I can 212 into red dash 4 no problem. I can even do 212 into up slash but for some reason, I find it hard to hit confirm that 212 dagger. I dont know if im inputting too quickly or not, because I can dial the others in easy enough but not this. Continuing/ending combos with 212 or 23 dash im finding im getting down, but 5 times out of 10, confirming dagger is tricky, and i really think it would be the other way round. And i know, dagger cancels is where you get the big damage from.

I dont know how I can rattle off her F212 1+2 into dash up slash relatively easy but I find something as simple as 212 dagger cancel hard. Im even finding her Jp, U3 into air dagger, then combo, easier.
You're moving too fast on her dagger cancel. It's a deliberate action - remember, she was given 10 frames of delay before being able to cancel her normal dagger. Double tap forward once her arm is fully extended, and be patient. Practice, practice practice. It will be come second nature.

Flagg - no, negative edge is Skarlet's friend. Input this against an opponent:

xx D1,F3,4.

Replace D1 with D4 or D3 and you get the same effect - instant and easy link into Red Dash (and in this example, Red Slide - can just as easily be Red Dash into Up/Down Slash)

Johnny2d

Flagg - no, negative edge is Skarlet's friend. Input this against an opponent:

xx D1,F3,4.

Replace D1 with D4 or D3 and you get the same effect - instant and easy link into Red Dash (and in this example, Red Slide - can just as easily be Red Dash into Up/Down Slash)
Agreed. I feel like this should be added to the top of the list for execution in terms of FUNDAMENTAL skarlet play. People focus on her big combos and technical toughness but forget about the thing she does better than any other character, FOOTSIES. Everyone that's on here trying to learn all the hard stuff should take a minute to make sure they can d1, or d3, or d4, into dash 100% of the time. The pokes into slide is safe, and if they refuse to block low then you can keep doing them, you can even "wake them up" with a d4 which catches a lot of people off guard. Her footsies are the best in the game because any d1, d3, or d4, leads to MAJOR things in her game, slide, Ex Overheads, tic throws.

Johnny2d

I was responding to what they were saying.
And I don't disagree with you at all.

The pokes to slide is just another part of many things that a Skarlet player should be good at. If you guess someone is going to have a reaction to your pokes thats when the mind games kick in, follow up appropriately if they tend to block high or low, jump, counter etc.

Johnny2d

Instant Air Dagger:
I can't really help you here. This is done by quickly inputting U, D, F1. Some may find it easier to jump backwards instead. It takes a lot of practice, and probably can only be done consistently with a hitbox.
I've got a great tip that has been working for me for instant air daggers, and has lead me to more variety in my mixups, I've been nailing these with varios amounts of lag online too... I don't have a way to capture video or I would make one to share, but here it is and if you guys find it useful feel free to make a vid to share it:

Throw a ground dagger, then cancel before the second dagger with Back, then Up and Back to jump out of the dagger toss, then d,f. The jump out of the dagger toss isn't the new tech, but the next part is what makes this helpful. For the input of 1 for the Instant Air Dagger, release 1, since you will still have it pressed from your ground dagger cancel. This alone works well but it also serves as a double tap if you throw the ground dagger, jump back to cancel, input the d,f, then release and then tap 1. Using the negative edge on release, then tapping it again makes it a double tap giving you two chances at getting the perfect timing. Works like a charm.

Ninj

I've got a great tip that has been working for me for instant air daggers, and has lead me to more variety in my mixups, I've been nailing these with varios amounts of lag online too... I don't have a way to capture video or I would make one to share, but here it is and if you guys find it useful feel free to make a vid to share it:

Throw a ground dagger, then cancel before the second dagger with Back, then Up and Back to jump out of the dagger toss, then d,f. The jump out of the dagger toss isn't the new tech, but the next part is what makes this helpful. For the input of 1 for the Instant Air Dagger, release 1, since you will still have it pressed from your ground dagger cancel. This alone works well but it also serves as a double tap if you throw the ground dagger, jump back to cancel, input the d,f, then release and then tap 1. Using the negative edge on release, then tapping it again makes it a double tap giving you two chances at getting the perfect timing. Works like a charm.
Ill try this out when I get home.