What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Vs. Kung Lao

btw where you the on that told me about how many frames it takes for x move to get fullscreen by looking at the duration of the move? But I thought about this, you aren't taking the recovery frames of a move into account, a good example is the superman, you can see that the superman gets really fast full screen but he also needs frames to recover before he lands on the ground, which is a lot especially if you compare to how it was prepatch, postpatch you can visibly see he has recovery frames, same thing with subzero's slide.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
btw where you the on that told me about how many frames it takes for x move to get fullscreen by looking at the duration of the move? But I thought about this, you aren't taking the recovery frames of a move into account, a good example is the superman, you can see that the superman gets really fast full screen but he also needs frames to recover before he lands on the ground, which is a lot especially if you compare to how it was prepatch, postpatch you can visibly see he has recovery frames, same thing with subzero's slide.
OFC you are right but we can only assume since nobody has actually tested this. At the very least you can say he doesn't take into account the recovery of the move since he doesn't need to recover if he hits you. Therefore we can say that the full duration of the move is the time to actually get to fullscreen plus some frames for recovery on whiff/block.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
that is not the case of ex dash.

ex dash covers 75% of the screen and last 27f only, a regular dash covers about 25%.
Ex dash has 2f armor startup and its armor last 28f initially, if Skarlet extend into any of the rd followups, it goes to 45f max.

which means she carry 2f of armor to freely move off a empty ex dash to flash parry or jump, or even block outcomes.

OFC you are right but we can only assume since nobody has actually tested this. At the very least you can say he doesn't take into account the recovery of the move since he doesn't need to recover if he hits you. Therefore we can say that the full duration of the move is the time to actually get to fullscreen plus some frames for recovery on whiff/block.
I dont know about skarlets dash but subzeros slide is horrible on whiff, it is probably be more than 10 frames negative, superman should be 7 frames of recovery or more also because if you happen to in range you can whiff punish that easily. kung laos dive kick or reptiles dash dont have that kind of recovery though I believe. going by that method people will leave a lot of punishable things on whiff unpunished. It needs different methods of testing which the training moed probably doesnt have.

that is not the case of ex dash.

ex dash covers 75% of the screen and last 27f only, a regular dash covers about 25%.
Ex dash has 2f armor startup and its armor last 28f initially, if Skarlet extend into any of the rd followups, it goes to 45f max.

which means she carry 2f of armor to freely move off a empty ex dash to flash parry or jump, or even block outcomes.
but how do you know she didnt already get 75% of the screen already before it is even 27frames? even if it is not visible it could be like 24 frames to get 75% screen and 3 frames of whiff recovery.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
but how do you know she didnt already get 75% of the screen already before it is even 27frames? even if it is not visible it could be like 24 frames to get 75% screen and 3 frames of whiff recovery.
its measured from one corner to another.

If i use ex dash from one point of the corner on the 27f she will be at 75% of the screen.

In case of 3 frames of recovery, you can see has 6f more of armor before a character start attacking, which of course in case they do, she can simply extend the armor, jump out, etc.

its measured from one corner to another.

If i use ex dash from one point of the corner on the 27f she will be at 75% of the screen.

In case of 3 frames of recovery, you can see has 6f more of armor before a character start attacking, which of course in case they do, she can simply extend the armor, jump out, etc.
isnt 27 frames the whole duration of the move? so its not measured from point a to point b unless the move literally has no recovery frames. And I dont know what you mean by that armor, how is that relevent to the duration of a move?

in any case what I am trying to say is it is impossible to measure how many frames it take for superman to get from point a to point b by just looking at the duration of a move.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
isnt 27 frames the whole duration of the move? so its not measured from point a to point b unless the move literally has no recovery frames. And I dont know what you mean by that armor, how is that relevent to the duration of a move?

in any case what I am trying to say is it is impossible to measure how many frames it take for superman to get from point a to point b by just looking at the duration of a move.
Crimson dash has no recovery frames man