What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Vs. Kabal

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Sorry Dave but skarlet is still Better than you give her credit for. The fact that she is so difficult to use shows why she wasn't explored until now. If she was explored the way kabal has been for over a year now we would see how effective she is. Don't worry though it will happen. She will dethrone kabal

REO

Why havnt you picked her up yet? Or have you...

REO said he would play Skarlet seriously but only on a hitbox... I can sorta see why.. Her execution is hard as hell.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He can zone her with iaGBs and buzzsaws just like almost any other character. Skarlet players believe they will teleport punish and EX dash through iaGBs on reaction, which is of course nonsense.
No man, sorry i have to disagree, Kuh Bawl can't use buzzsaws on skarlet, they're punishable due the recovery time being so long with a teleport by full screen and by Ex Dash on 3/4 of the screen.
He can only Zone her if both be at full screen and skarlet happens to have no meter, there is no free projectile throwing around while she has meter because he will have to respect the armor .

Zoning Skarlet is what can make him killed.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Flagg - 38%, 41% w jip. But yes, when she gets a combo, she hits harder than Kabal and resets the person right back into a pressure situation, just like Kabal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Come on, man. Skarlet players cannot accuse others of "theory fighting". LOL. Your whole premise is based on "Skarlet can do this and that, but no one has actually done it yet when it matters".
With all due respect, your acting like Skarlet has zero chance in this match up. Everyone has given valid reasons on how she can get in but ur dismissing them saying it hasn't been proven/it wont work. Just because she hasn't won a tourny doesn't mean her tactics and tools cant hang with Kabals. And when was the last time Freddy won something? Just saying.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
With all due respect, your acting like Skarlet has zero chance in this match up. Everyone has given valid reasons on how she can get in but ur dismissing them saying it hasn't been proven/it wont work. Just because she hasn't won a tourny doesn't mean her tactics and tools cant hang with Kabals. And when was the last time Freddy won something? Just saying.
Season's Beatings: Summer Jam was won by yours truly. CD Jr. has won a major with Rain before. And Pig is doing very well with Kenshi.

The better question is, when was the last time anybody saw a Skarlet player at any tournament?

Ninj

KingOko m2dave won seasons beatings with freddy ;)

But I agree, dave is dismissing Skarlet out of hand. In my opinion, Kabal isr being overhyped, just like Kenshi, Sonya, Cage, Jax, etc have been. This trend isn't new in this community, but for some reason people are acting like it's unique and special this time.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Season's Beatings: Summer Jam was won by yours truly. CD Jr. has won a major with Rain before. And Pig is doing very well with Kenshi.

The better question is, when was the last time anybody saw a Skarlet player at any tournament?
Ok but, ur talking bout tournys that were pre-patch. Post patch when has Freddy, Rain or Kenshi won a tourny? With that said you cant say those three a better than Skarlet, they are just more known. Oh and at Comicapolooza or whatever that tourny is called that was in Texas a couple weekends ago Scar made it to top 8 with his Skarlet.

Ninj

KingOko m2dave

This thread is deliberately created to discuss how Skarlet works in the Kabal matchup, so let's start contributing to the thread before we move too far off track.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
She is probably one of the least played characters in MK9.

I don't even go to tournaments anymore except locals...and that's where you will see skarlet in Atlanta. When I can travel to tournaments you will again see skarlet bloodying the competition. I did it with nw and it will be easier with skarlet because she is that much better than him.

And she beats freddy 6-4! Take that!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
~Our goal is to pool our information and opinions together on specific matchups, in an attempt to find any sort of advantage that Skarlet can achieve in these matchups. Hopefully with our knowledge combined, we can take Skarlet to another level of SMART play.

~ The rules are simple, All players are welcome and all opinions are valid, as long as they are in service to helping each other get better in the specific matchup that we are discussing.
The opinions from all players in the community are important, and necessary for this conversation to be driven to its fullest. Both arguing and hype generate enthusiasm as long they lead to work towards filling holes and creating an advantage for Skarlet. It is important to be honest about where she stands and why, as long as its in service to improving that standing.

I believe that the discussion is valid, and that everyone is correct about where she stands, from their own vantage point. Ninj is confident she will dethrone Kabal, please share anything that the rest of us can learn so we can be at that level too. m2dave feels that she hasn't shown she can do that at a high level, and that their tools were equal until the nerf, what do you think she would need to bring it back to even? Or is it flat out 6-4 Kabal, Skarlet can't do anything about that.

Either way, the point of the discussion isn't to come to an agreement, and we certainly aren't going to change each other's minds in a forum. The point is to pool information that could help tilt the scale in Skarlet's favor.

Ninj

Well said, Johnny2d. I just want to make sure people are contributing to the discussion with a logically valid 'why'/explanation for their viewpoint/comments.

Just saying "Kabal outzones Skarlet" doesn't further the didcussion. :)

Johnny2d

I even think that disagreement is healthy. I'm glad m2dave is in here pointing out weaknesses, lets address each one so we can make informed strategic decisions when the time comes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The opinions from all players in the community are important, and necessary for this conversation to be driven to its fullest. Both arguing and hype generate enthusiasm as long they lead to work towards filling holes and creating an advantage for Skarlet. It is important to be honest about where she stands and why, as long as its in service to improving that standing.

I believe that the discussion is valid, and that everyone is correct about where she stands, from their own vantage point. Ninj is confident she will dethrone Kabal, please share anything that the rest of us can learn so we can be at that level too. m2dave feels that she hasn't shown she can do that at a high level, and that their tools were equal until the nerf, what do you think she would need to bring it back to even? Or is it flat out 6-4 Kabal, Skarlet can't do anything about that.

Either way, the point of the discussion isn't to come to an agreement, and we certainly aren't going to change each other's minds in a forum. The point is to pool information that could help tilt the scale in Skarlet's favor.
Meter
That is what she has on her favor, having meter is already the beggining of the mind game against any character who tries to zone her with bad recovery times or air projectiles. As i've being saying and i will keep saying, her armor beats any kabal tool, air or grounded as long as you make a good of to stop zonning atemps and interrupt pressures (Be careful with flash parries) .
Skarlet usage of meter is for 2 things against almost every cast, armoring through, and block strings.

allthough she is a low hitbox character and this is a good thing in this game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ok but, ur talking bout tournys that were pre-patch. Post patch when has Freddy, Rain or Kenshi won a tourny? With that said you cant say those three a better than Skarlet, they are just more known. Oh and at Comicapolooza or whatever that tourny is called that was in Texas a couple weekends ago Scar made it to top 8 with his Skarlet.
Dude, Season's Beatings: Summer Slam was a month ago.

Anyway, it would be very difficult for Skarlet to be better than Freddy and Kenshi considering her best has been toned down.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Well i still dont completely understand why the mu is 6-4 in Kabals favor then. Skarlet can blow up Kabals zoning with ex red dash or just dash in like other characters have to and can put him in the same reset/pressure situation he can do to her so why isnt it 5-5?

ryublaze

Noob
Neither side can say this character beats that character etc. when both characters haven't fought each other at the highest level. In my honest opinion, no one has used Skarlet to her fullest potential yet in tournament play. Emp_Scar even got 3rd at comicpalooza, but I think he could have won the whole tournament if he had played her a little differently.

I'm only an online player, and I don't mean to brag, but I've gone back and forth with a few tournament players like Shoryuken. Skarlet's the hardest character to use online, and I can't imagine how deadly she would be offline. The only reason why I don't maximize my damage is because the more damaging combos are easier to drop online and they don't give enough frame advantage for the standing reset 114.

Neither side can say this character beats that character etc. when both characters haven't fought each other at the highest level. In my honest opinion, no one has used Skarlet to her fullest potential yet in tournament play. Emp_Scar even got 3rd at comicpalooza, but I think he could have won the whole tournament if he had played her a little differently.

I'm only an online player, and I don't mean to brag, but I've gone back and forth with a few tournament players like Shoryuken. Skarlet's the hardest character to use online, and I can't imagine how deadly she would be offline. The only reason why I don't maximize my damage is because the more damaging combos are easier to drop online and they don't give enough frame advantage for the standing reset 114.
RedRaptor has the best Skarlet iv seen and I got the pleasure to fight him on psn I trully believe both Skarlet and Kitana can beat Kabal im testing my 2 vs Kabals dash cancels and Kitana stuffs him most of the time, she can even stop a no canceled dash if timed right, but back to the point Skarlet has the tools, dash cancel rush will get wooped by armor and her blockstrings are just too good I jope to se Ninj and RedRaptor at EVO and beat some Kabals. :)

Johnny2d

Dude, Season's Beatings: Summer Slam was a month ago.

Anyway, it would be very difficult for Skarlet to be better than Freddy and Kenshi considering her best has been toned down.
I totally agree about Freddy being trouble and your advice would be very helpful when we get to that matchup, MAD RESPECT FOR YOUR FREDDY DUDE. For some reason I do well against Kenshi, I got to play Arturo's Kenshi for an hour and a half and held my own. I play player matches against Franakin on xbl, his Rain beats me, but I do well against his Kenshi.

Lets hold off on the next bad matchup character for later in the week. Lets try to stay on track with with helping Skarlet play smart against Kabal.

ryublaze

Noob
RedRaptor has the best Skarlet iv seen and I got the pleasure to fight him on psn I trully believe both Skarlet and Kitana can beat Kabal im testing my 2 vs Kabals dash cancels and Kitana stuffs him most of the time, she can even stop a no canceled dash if timed right, but back to the point Skarlet has the tools, dash cancel rush will get wooped by armor and her blockstrings are just too good I jope to se Ninj and RedRaptor at EVO and beat some Kabals. :)
Thanks ragnarok but I don't even think I play her right and you won the majority of those matches lol. I can't go to tournaments and rarely get to play offline so all I can do is play online and record stuff from home. :/

I do hope that Ninj, Mosp, Fly, Scar, xKhaotic_Shangx, and any other offline Skarlet player do good with her in the future.

Thanks ragnarok but I don't even think I play her right and you won the majority of those matches lol. I can't go to tournaments and rarely get to play offline so all I can do is play online and record stuff from home. :/

I do hope that Ninj, Mosp, Fly, Scar, xKhaotic_Shangx, and any other offline Skarlet player do good with her in the future.
we went even whit skarlet kitana 2 2 only scorpion was not that hard but its scorpion.. you skarlet was OMG good I just want to see Kabal getting kicked it the butt :)

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Emp_Scar even got 3rd at comicpalooza, but I think he could have won the whole tournament if he had played her a little differently.
Any videos from him playing ?

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls

emp_scar just used her at comicpalooza and he got 3rd. the thread is around on TYM with the matches being shown. Just check them out if you are doubting her tools.

Here is the link: http://testyourmight.com/threads/comicpalooza-2-tournament-results-houston-tx.17539/page-3#post-389584

KH Scar is the skarlet player. He taught me how to use her.