What's new

Tech Skarlet tech that sets up all other skarlets tech

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its been a while that i wanted to update this tech, thank you Flagg to bringing this up a few weeks ago if not mistaken, i went depth with the set up.

If what ever being explained in the video is actually happening to fast to follow up i will give you guys a breakdown of why the opponent MUST RESPECT This setup.

Tech Functionality:

This Tech is somewhat similar of the so called "RedWang" tech, which translates on a :exdc on a crouch block opponent to fish out a poke or armoring attempt and punish hard with a F4 due the fast cancel advantage of :exdc

We all know that if Skarlet cancels a dc she is at -9 from point blank range, with the 114 string into dc, the setup gets a pushback that can't be punished from anything that is superior to 6 frames and travels as fast as the startup (reptile dash, Sub-Zer0 X-Ray)

In this tech Skarlet must jail the opponent into standing block with a 114~dc instead. Which results into a whiff punish against almost all opponents punish attempts into this, and the good thing about it, is that you can whiff punish or punish anything they try on reaction.

In the corner this tech is money, because the same proprieties also applies to this tech, and it sets up all the other skarlets setups discovered until now, ppl o likes to jump out of the corner, those who tries to poke out and try to armor out are all inside this trap.

Why? This tech sets up:
invisible wall in the corner
Counter reads (against ppl who tries to armor, or use D4 against it)
ex overhead ( when they're so into trying to interrupt with a poke, you rd~exds instead)
redwang (114~ex dc, into f4 punish, they will see the ex dc as a regular dc and try to interrupt)
f212 string meterless ( you get the save meter and start this blockstring against a whiffed d1)
F4 punish ( Whiff punish d1s)
Slide punish (Whiff punish d3)
Or simply not canceling into dc and go for the tradicional 114~ex dc~f212,1+2~rd~rs. If they don't block its a full combo.

Just be awared with some x-rays

Generally:

Flagg

Noob
Awesome video Eddy, and thanks for the shoutouts...it's just something I wondered why people didn't capitalise on more or if there was a use for it, but you've really taken it to the max with the kind of stuff that can be done off this. This must improve her corner game dramatically, not to mention whiff punishing, and with armour this is surely another way of pinning someone down and making them second guess what she will do next.

Skarlet community is the best on this site. Every week there is tons of in depth stuff for this character.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Seriously now Eddy Wang. She's broken enough the way she is. Why make matters more difficult to people that fight against her ?? Jesus man, you are a horrible person :) lol
The big problem on against skarlet is block when she has meter.

You have to bait her stuffs and punish some of the unsafe empty dashes she does.

F4~rd is -10 on block, its a matter of your reading this to punish with a 10f string instead of uppercut like DarkSlayerSmith does.

iaDD isn't safe when not performed at the lowest possible level, if you dash in and crouch block i'm pretty sure her jump ins fake out will fail, and you'll be in position to d1 punish into a full combo.

ryublaze

Noob
This reminds me of Scorpion using 2,1 on block then whiff punishing with b2 or f4 spear. Great tech Eddy I might use this if I don't feel like using meter on a blockstring. :p

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I've been using this with good success. After my tests I approve this as something to do often, especially when I'm in meter BUILDING mode. You've got good options after this, and when added to all the other stuff you are doing, it works rather well.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The other part that works well here is, do I spend my meter for the chip after the 114 or do I take the gamble of backing up off regular dagger xx then coming back in with armor. Its another risk vs reward situation.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So I can never use this against kenshi because he has shoulder. but it seems like all characters have the ability to stuff this with d4. she is at -10 after a blocked dagger cancel...so even with push back they can always d4. They can also link d4 into an armored special to beat her armor. Jax dash punch comes out in 10 frames. can can punish this with dash punch. if you read that and armor and he jumps you just wasted a bar of meter.

It seems this is nothing more than a gimmick that can get her blown up except vs low tier characters that she beats anyways. I'm sorry but this doesnt give her any advantage in tournament play vs high level characters and players.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So I can never use this against kenshi because he has shoulder. but it seems like all characters have the ability to stuff this with d4. she is at -10 after a blocked dagger cancel...so even with push back they can always d4. They can also link d4 into an armored special to beat her armor. Jax dash punch comes out in 10 frames. can can punish this with dash punch. if you read that and armor and he jumps you just wasted a bar of meter.

It seems this is nothing more than a gimmick that can get her blown up except vs low tier characters that she beats anyways. I'm sorry but this doesnt give her any advantage in tournament play vs high level characters and players.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but this tech work, high level character or not.

Skarlet is a -9 not -10, what you have forgotten is that the pushback given when 114 is performed adds a pushback that no character can punish mid screen except reptile who has a 6f dash, and in corner you can even kenshi shoulder is armored trough, you also forgot that this sets up all other her techs in the process the opponent cannot punish the dagger cancel on reaction he has to guess either your next movement after 114, because they're blocking standing.
"will you ex dc to F212 or just dc to back dash? will you ex dc into f4, or will you use the invisible wall to land a jump while they mash the buttons? and the question goes on"

Want to D4 into armor? Fine, do this, i will just ex DC into B11f4, don't forget that move when performed this way becomes a 7f move not 13, and D4 still 12f , who is going to beat who?, Who will try to jump out? Do it maybe you get lucky and get an U3 punish combo as present.
Also don't forget Skarlet armor lasts 30f initially and can be extended, You delay the downslash that alone is enough to beat the trade because they're too close. And jax can't punish that with a dash punsh without being punished, sorry.

either they like it or not, their brain will have to recognize what you have used, and that alone takes enough frames to D4 incredibly fast and stuff the back dash, they will have to guess if they want to stuff this, which is a risk because you have thousand of ways to followup or set up another trap out of a siply 114 jailed standing.

I will not argue this with you because you're obviously wrong

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm sorry to disappoint you but this tech work, high level character or not.

Skarlet is a -9 not -10, what you have forgotten is that the pushback given when 114 is performed adds a pushback that no character can punish mid screen except reptile who has a 6f dash, and in corner you can even kenshi shoulder is armored trough, you also forgot that this sets up all other her techs in the process the opponent cannot punish the dagger cancel on reaction he has to guess either your next movement after 114, because they're blocking standing.
"will you ex dc to F212 or just dc to back dash? will you ex dc into f4, or will you use the invisible wall to land a jump while they mash the buttons? and the question goes on"

Want to D4 into armor? Fine, do this, i will just ex DC into B11f4, don't forget that move when performed this way becomes a 7f move not 13, and D4 still 12f , who is going to beat who?, Who will try to jump out? Do it maybe you get lucky and get an U3 punish combo as present.
Also don't forget Skarlet armor lasts 30f initially and can be extended, You delay the downslash that alone is enough to beat the trade because they're too close. And jax can't punish that with a dash punsh without being punished, sorry.

either they like it or not, their brain will have to recognize what you have used, and that alone takes enough frames to D4 incredibly fast and stuff the back dash, they will have to guess if they want to stuff this, which is a risk because you have thousand of ways to followup or set up another trap out of a siply 114 jailed standing.

I will not argue this with you because you're obviously wrong
Eddy. I was not trying to upset you but not every tech posted is gold. your opponent can walk or jump or do something from the second the dagger hits. There is almost zero block stun. you are at -9 (sorry I had a frame wrong). No matter what the "spacing" is, putting yourself at -9 means that your opponent can react to you. In your video you make it seem as if the opponent has no option but to make a mistake but in fact he has more time than you do to make a read. Skarlet can cancel her dagger into anything she wants to EXCEPT block.

If your opponent jumps you can always AA him (its just harder when your at -9). If they use a special you can always armor (its just harder when your at -9).

What if your opponent does nothing? what if they wait for you to move? What if they jab you and block your armored downslash? I'm just saying that this is a gimmick just like NW eh lightning traps. Its not really a trap at all but something that can catch an opponent off guard once in a blue moon.

So dont get so defensive when I call something a gimmick.

Another thing. You didnt "invent anything here. Ive been doing this since day one and stopped because I was getting blown up more often than not. Kenshi shoulder is 8 frames and I'm at -9...how the fuck do you armor that Eddy?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Another thing. You didnt "invent anything here. Ive been doing this since day one and stopped because I was getting blown up more often than not. Kenshi shoulder is 8 frames and I'm at -9...how the fuck do you armor that Eddy?
Magic, gameplay is everything my friend. Its all up to how you play, you're not that close to the 8f when you dc.

ryublaze

Noob
I'm not one to know whether this tech works or not, but we all have to test it on high level players before considering the tech to be useful or not. Fly does have Pig of the hut as a sparring partner and LBSH, 90% of the community still probably doesn't know how to fight Skarlet. Maybe some players don't know that Skarlet's at -9 or -10 after blocked dagger cancel?

Looking at the frame data, Fly does have a point that they can D4 and still block EX Red Dash up slash in time. I don't think whether Skarlet does a regular dagger or EX dagger is a guess cuz you can clearly see whether it is enhanced or not and that gives the opponent enough time to react. On the other hand, what if Skarlet jump cancels and the opponent tries to D4? She gets a free jump-in into blockstring on stand block, which sets up this 1,1,4,dagger situation again. Also Skarlet can throw the 2nd dagger from a regular dagger toss and if it hits then Skarlet can go in for a blockstring again. These are the two mix-ups I see in this tech/setup.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You also have to input the armor at the earliest possible frame to beat a special like jax dash punch, raiden superman, nw shoulder, etc...you pretty much have to commit to that as your canceling the dagger as the motions are done on top of one another. So it is not really a read unless your opponent is super slow.

Im just a realist with lots of experience against a broken character. Im not the bad guy here. Im the good guy trying to keep skarlet players from getting blown up.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not one to know whether this tech works or not, but we all have to test it on high level players before considering the tech to be useful or not. Fly does have Pig of the hut as a sparring partner and LBSH, 90% of the community still probably doesn't know how to fight Skarlet. Maybe some players don't know that Skarlet's at -9 or -10 after blocked dagger cancel?

Looking at the frame data, Fly does have a point that they can D4 and still block EX Red Dash up slash in time. I don't think whether Skarlet does a regular dagger or EX dagger is a guess cuz you can clearly see whether it is enhanced or not and that gives the opponent enough time to react. On the other hand, what if Skarlet jump cancels and the opponent tries to D4? She gets a free jump-in into blockstring on stand block, which sets up this 1,1,4,dagger situation again. Also Skarlet can throw the 2nd dagger from a regular dagger toss and if it hits then Skarlet can go in for a blockstring again. These are the two mix-ups I see in this tech/setup.
That is the only mix up. A smart player knows not to mindlessly jump in at that range on skarlet. The only other option is to iadd the d4 but then they can armor or punish this because you have to be high enough to get over the d4.