What's new

Match Footage Skarlet Match Videos

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang
Any complaints or advice?
I know my execution was way off :(.
Your reads seems to be good, just a few adjustments on your gameplay and you'll be godlike, though i'm pretty sure you would do a lot better offline, here is some advices:

When you counter read, only downslash if they use something that downslash can punish in time, against kabal always do a empty dash first, because he can bait with ndc and punish your downslash.
Empty dashes to nulify wakeup attacks or wakeup with empty dashes is always in skarlet favor.

Avoid jump after a 114 into empty dash, isn't safe at all, at least is not that safe untill you start to bait d4s from the opponent

Any player who have beaten all of your skarlets jumps and crosses up a lot, practice all your anti-air options, especially crossups techs, her weakness is the inconsistency of her AAs so this is something you shouldn't leave aside, all skarlet player MUST have a incredibly good AA skills with all of her possible AA tools.

D3 into F4 or 114 instead of jump after a d3
Train your opponent to block slides, use them at 3 levels of red dash, too fast, mid fast and very late, this will start to force them to crouch block.

Test your opponent behavior by ramming them into consecutive knockdown slides, and see how they'll block from there, then build your strategy to smack them into consecutive guesses.

Use more crouch block blockstrings, they body aren't ready for it.

Don't randomly end all your red dashes with slide, if it whiffs you may find someone that can punish like smoke, if they're in distance where slide can't read do empty dashes and bait a reaction.
If they're inside red slide range, use it to keep train them with the habit of crouch every time they see one.

Vs Kabal
Anticipate ground saws with krimson dash, if you're close enough you can f4 punish kabal before he recovers, d3 into f4~ndc is a gap of 16f like jax F4~OHS, you can choose either way to punish after F4 or punish before F4 happens with a f4 or armor.

Kabal zoning game is so good that some players are forced to respect his jump ins, Skarlet D1 goes trough even when performed at the lowest possible level, you can touch Kabal and up slash punish if you're close enough, avoid jumping unless your main goal is punish crossups with NJP

Use meter only when necessary.

Cage, Keep him away with daggers and get ready for anti-air, avoid 50/50 red dashes here, and finish all your combos with f43, bait RSK with iad and block on reaction

KL
Rush him down with b11F4~rd~rs, block pokes and counter pokes, respect his crossups and avoid it by d3 into armor, ppl starts to string right after they cross up, the d3 makes it whiff, the armor gives you advantage against any character in this situation.
If KL uses a Ex tele he will try to carry that armor has he did, your answers is simple, Counter read.

Smoke
You started well, but then you give him too much to work with, AA would play a major role here.

AssassiN

Noob
Thanks for the advice.
In all honesty, the player didn't know at the time that a blocked slide was -3 on block. He kept on poking after blocking it, he asked me after if it was negative.

I don't really go for AA's online, they fail 70% of the time with Skarlet so I'd just rather take the chip instead of full BNB damage.
I'm doing it a lot more that I D3 into F4 or 114 but it's an old habbit of mine to jump after that D3. It still comes out from time to time...

Those whiffed slides were mistakes that were not meant to happen.
I do like canceling into slides if I notice that the opponent is jumping to punish my Red Dash, because it pushes her out of their range and lowers her hitbox.

Against Kabal I was jumping so I could avoid his saw and punish it, obviously I jumped too much for these saws.
But it's hard to react to the saws from up close online.

I don't really know why I was jumping after 114 + EDC or 114 + ERD, never normally do that.

AssassiN

Noob
I was being reluctant about posting this match, cause it was recorded in July of last summer(got uploaded today) + didn't play that good and play a lot better now.

Kharacter Kombat SE2 ::: Ipanama vs AssassinBE ::: L.B. Round 2

At 6:57 something fucked up happens though, forgot about that and need to go in training mode to see what's up with that. Completely forgot about that, maybe something fucked up about Reptile's hitbox(like Cage's EX Forceball whiffing after F33 on Reptile and Ermac).

I hope these tournaments pick up again, wanna proof myself :).

ryublaze

Noob
I feel like this thread needs to be updated. Anyone want to help me find Skarlet match vids? Online and offline are acceptable.

L0rdoftheFLY is it alright if I edit your original post and add more vids to it?

ryublaze

Noob
Editted original post with spoiler tags and names of most of the Skarlet community but no videos yet. Might have to split it into two or three posts cuz of the video limit. If your name's not up there and you have videos of yourself then ask and we can add you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You can usually tell if a match is online or offline if the names at the top are the character names or PSN/XBL usernames. :p
I Can't see it, youtube its not working for me on the past days;) So not even the flashplayer window is working correctly. Gommen.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Half updated, since i can't see which video i'm updating i remember the one you tagged mosp and brownie you were fighting smargasm back then, the other one i dunno who your fighting "possibly Pig" but i dunno which characters, once i manage to have a recharge on internet i will update better, that's if RedRaptor10 do not do it by the time.

thanks for sharing and caring my fav Skarlet contributor:D .

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

ryublaze

Noob
Laos_boy your iaD are really looking good. Gonna add your videos to the first post. I'm probably going to edit everyone else's posts with videos in them and change them to urls cuz everytime I open up this thread it's super slow.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Laos_boy the TYM system somehow didn't tag me to this thread (Wheird) thankfully Red already took care of everything ^^

I'm going to watch your matches now.

AssassiN

Noob
This never showed up in my alerts, wtf?
Anyways good matches, noticed you're playing on the Xbox and you're getting the same errors I get when playing on Xbox(F4 turn into D4's, getting teleports while going for D4, getting jumpkick when going for F4, ...).

Again Cage your daggers were good, very good zoning but I don't like how you go for slide so many times. Going for slide against Cage is kinda suicide, he can bait your armor and block it in time + punish. Keep doing daggers and F43, he has to come to you not the other way around. When Cage starts throwing out forceballs either teleport or do EX RD(know your spacing though, you missed a few times), if you're close enough you can crouch and do the RD without spending any meter(it will still whiff right over your head).

Against Cyrax you were doing EX RD based on reads while you should be doing them on reactions, also use air daggers because you'll get easily caught in that net if you do grounded daggers.

I really like your use of daggers, they are all over the place :p.
Keep it up.