What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Kenshi - How to play the MU and How not to play the MU

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy 1,1,4,slide does 6% chip or 12% if the slide hits. Throw does 11% which is only 5% more. I would rather build meter and continue pressure rather than do 5% extra damage.
i would rather grab red, its a matter of opinion, i won't change my mind. i appreciate your explanation though, i know that, but sometimes you will have to grab the opponent

AssassiN

Noob
I was surprised to see almost no b11f4, that has been my staple offence... are other skarlet players not using that? I've just found that to be my goto starter. I'm curious if others are using it or not.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
In this MU, 114 is better because of Kenshi's big hitbox. 114 has a lot more cancel-advantage that allows mix-ups with empty dashes and such.

I used to use B114 a lot more, but I realized it's actually quite bad to use this on block. If you have a chance to use 114 then use 114.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Idk I think Skarlet 1,1,4 is better than grab, at least in this MU.

1. Standing 1 and grab are both 10 frames.

2. Both can be neutral crouched. Standing 1 hits on crouch block vs. Kenshi.

3. 1,1,4 builds more meter, can be linked to red dash for mix-up or can be safe if not linked to red dash.

4. 1,1,4 can link into EX Dagger on stand block or even crouch block for backdash f4 or cross-up.

5. Opponent can cross you up after throw where as if you did 1,1,4 you can hit confirm into red dash up slash.
THIS

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I was surprised to see almost no b11f4, that has been my staple offence... are other skarlet players not using that? I've just found that to be my goto starter. I'm curious if others are using it or not.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
against lartge hitbox characters...114 and f212 is best

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
the pressure was too much to handle, pig lost his control for a while and chocked without fuzzing.

On these situations, mike should simply grab him, instead he went for another 114~rd and was getting stuffed or armored out of.
This is just a bad habit...honesty I should have just blocked and made him waste his meter. Any chance I have to build meter and at the same time make him waste meter is best. I just was too greedy.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Awesome matches. L0rdoftheFLY The only thing I would suggest you can improve on (and I think this goes for all Skarlet players including myself) is to learn how to hit confirm jip,F2,1 into red dash down slash cuz that'll up your damage by like 5-7% and build more meter.
I have been working on this...It just wasnt habit yesterday. I played pig today and I did this like 4 times in 6 matches. It is essential.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I've been playing this against Xarakamaka.

All you gotta do with Kenshi is wait for non-Ex slides and shoulder on reaction, reflect daggers/bloodballs.
Other than that bait EX red dashes n sheeeit.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It was not about crouch block or building more meter bro.
Sometimes pig just chocked on the pressure and he just hold block standing, enough for Mike to grab him, and that is what i wanted him to do, every time he 114 where he should grab, he got stuffed out.
It's not called choking

It's called reading a crossover JIP that didn't happen

ryublaze

Noob
I can't say much about xarakamaka but when I first watched him on stream he was getting away with a bunch of regular down slashes, which can be fuzzy guarded and punished offline.

Pig you must play my Skarlet when I'm not rusty or getting used to a new controller/tv! :p