What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Kenshi - How to play the MU and How not to play the MU

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

3.5 hour Offline Series Fly vs Pig

How Skarlets Should not Play the MU: 0:00-0:38 mins in

How Skarlets should play the MU: 3:18:00-End (Thats 3 hours and 18 mins in)

Discuss and give props to Fly for his tremendous growth from early to 3 hours later. Complete overhaul in strategy

Video Just Finished Uploaded (15 gig file/almost 4 hour file) still processing in terms of Quality

SECOND VIDEO Ninj vs @His brother

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
yes the main difference was playing safer on my part and doing the naked eh dash into crossover.
LBSH, playing safer is always the better option. I don't play Skarlet, but she strikes me as a character who doesn't need to take that many risks. Just chip 'dem health bars away and they flip the fuck out.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
LBSH, playing safer is always the better option. I don't play Skarlet, but she strikes me as a character who doesn't need to take that many risks. Just chip 'dem health bars away and they flip the fuck out.
exactly. the more chip I can take the better. the risk isnt worth it for the overhead. just keep on chipping and wtch the crossovers.

AssassiN

Noob
exactly. the more chip I can take the better. the risk isnt worth it for the overhead. just keep on chipping and wtch the crossovers.
True, but one bar might take 5-7% chip while it could take 30-40% by baiting stuff out.

Awesome matches guys, love watching you guys play :).
Seems like LOTF is ready for a tournament!
I know POTH is going to Frausty Fostings, are you LOTF?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yesterday stream was crazy hype one of my favourite moments is definitely from 0:30 hahaha

Pig reflected a blood ball and won the match, then put a "Manga duck face on Mike" hahaha, "Mike takes off the jacket" and increase his pressure.

me, Ninj, Crossner, Tom lulz, mr.mileena Espio, and everyone who i can't remember off getting hype on the chat

"GRAAABB HIIMM!!! DAMN IT!!!"
lol

I haven't seen the rematch yet, i'll definitely watch once smith leaves, he is making my internet heavy to watch vids now, then i'll take some notes on how to fight Kenshi as well, there is always room for improvement ^^

And L0rdoftheFLY, you're there buddy, i think the time has come to play skarlet on a US tournament and win, 2013, one of these MK tournament has to be a skarlet player taking, she has everything to do it. And you're a handsome guy, that was the 1st time i've seen you on vid.

And the 1st time watching an US stream without lagging at all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yesterday stream was crazy hype one of my favourite moments is definitely from 0:30 hahaha

Pig reflected a blood ball and won the match, then put a "Manga duck face on Mike" hahaha, "Mike takes off the jacket" and increase his pressure.

me, Ninj, Crossner, Tom lulz, mr.mileena Espio, and everyone who i can't remember off getting hype on the chat

lol

I haven't seen the rematch yet, i'll definitely watch once smith leaves, he is making my internet heavy to watch vids now, then i'll take some notes on how to fight Kenshi as well, there is always room for improvement ^^

And L0rdoftheFLY, you're there buddy, i think the time has come to play skarlet on a US tournament and win, 2013, one of these MK tournament has to be a skarlet player taking, she has everything to do it. And you're a handsome guy, that was the 1st time i've seen you on vid.

we will do more in future

thanks for watching and yes fly needs to grab more but a lot of skarlets need to do what he does more especially in last few matches

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
we will do more in future

thanks for watching and yes fly needs to grab more but a lot of skarlets need to do what he does more especially in last few matches
Exactly man, i hope you could put some sense in to them, they don't listen to me:p

Skarlet pressure is good, yes, since the opponent is forced to guess every time what will be the next move, can either be slide, empty dashes, or whatever, the chances of interrupting may be good against empty dashes on that hole, but if she shuts with a slide, she gets a meter drain.
Grab for free hit and a chance to free OTG any character for more pressure or free grab it doesn't really hurt at all, it also changes the game for a ton.

I've recently noticed that every time she hits a slide, if the opponent doesn't wakeup attack or tech rolls, she gets a free OTG with down daggers or grab right at the 1st animations of the regular wakeup, its almost unexpected .

i'll be watching more of the stream as much as my connection allows it, i just hope to not catch the stream when the traffic gets a bit slower ^^ keep them comming brothers, i'm getting more hype

ryublaze

Noob
Awesome matches. L0rdoftheFLY you really leveled up. I like your abuse of 1,1,4 on Kenshi's high hitbox. Nice 1,1,4,EX Dagger into crossover too. Also I like how you are using f4 after an up slash because sometimes standing 2 whiffs due to differing heights after up slash. The only thing I would suggest you can improve on (and I think this goes for all Skarlet players including myself) is to learn how to hit confirm jip,F2,1 into red dash down slash cuz that'll up your damage by like 5-7% and build more meter.

ryublaze

Noob
Idk I think Skarlet 1,1,4 is better than grab, at least in this MU.

1. Standing 1 and grab are both 10 frames.

2. Both can be neutral crouched. Standing 1 hits on crouch block vs. Kenshi.

3. 1,1,4 builds more meter, can be linked to red dash for mix-up or can be safe if not linked to red dash.

4. 1,1,4 can link into EX Dagger on stand block or even crouch block for backdash f4 or cross-up.

5. Opponent can cross you up after throw where as if you did 1,1,4 you can hit confirm into red dash up slash.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I was surprised to see almost no b11f4, that has been my staple offence... are other skarlet players not using that? I've just found that to be my goto starter. I'm curious if others are using it or not.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.

lol

wow that shot sounds sooooo hype! im really missing out on the streams man...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Idk I think Skarlet 1,1,4 is better than grab, at least in this MU.

1. Standing 1 and grab are both 10 frames.

2. Both can be neutral crouched. Standing 1 hits on crouch block vs. Kenshi.

3. 1,1,4 builds more meter, can be linked to red dash for mix-up or can be safe if not linked to red dash.

4. 1,1,4 can link into EX Dagger on stand block or even crouch block for backdash f4 or cross-up.

5. Opponent can cross you up after throw where as if you did 1,1,4 you can hit confirm into red dash up slash.
It was not about crouch block or building more meter bro.
Sometimes pig just chocked on the pressure and he just hold block standing, enough for Mike to grab him, and that is what i wanted him to do, every time he 114 where he should grab, he got stuffed out.

ryublaze

Noob
It was not about crouch block or building more meter bro.
Sometimes pig just chocked on the pressure and he just hold block standing, enough for Mike to grab him, and that is what i wanted him to do, every time he 114 where he should grab, he got stuffed out.
What?

ryublaze

Noob
the pressure was too much to handle, pig lost his control for a while and chocked without fuzzing.

On these situations, mike should simply grab him, instead he went for another 114~rd and was getting stuffed or armored out of.
But why end your pressure for 5% more damage when you can 1,1,4 for meter and more pressure? If Fly thinks Pig is going to armor after 1,1,4,rd then he can just end with slide to do 7-8% more damage.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
But why end your pressure for 5% more damage when you can 1,1,4 for meter and more pressure? If Fly thinks Pig is going to armor after 1,1,4,rd then he can just end with slide to do 7-8% more damage.
11% more and OTG in the corner man, its 100% worth it