What's new

Tech Sinestro Push Block Trait setup (DEAR GOD)

RIF

Noob
push block into 4 dash 4 B3 is pretty impractical, i mean im a little rusty but I still cant see this shit happening very often
I hit it in training all the time, but I am not sure how it often the situation to use that particular combo will present itself in a real match. You still have to allow the opponent to get in and risk guessing incorrectly to use the tech. Having said that, someone with impeccable defense using this tech would indeed be very scary. The combo is practical, having the resources to do it? IDK. Perhaps Sinestro players should just try and turtle it out once he has trait. Do you sit on the 2 trait shots and wait to use the tech or do you use trait to apply pressure / stay safe? There's still a lot to get fleshed out. The tech is very strong. This cannot be denied.

This is Wound's tech. He's the best Sinestro. Let's read what he has found regarding the tech.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sinestro can get his trait against Killer Frost just as easy as any other character, stop listening to the Killer Frost community. They'll start saying MMH loses 7-3 to KF next because she can parry in-between one of his strings
P2W didn't get trait very effectively against me yesterday in offline casuals but I am sure that no other Sinestro's would have a problem since he isn't very good.

RiBBz22

That's what the killer frost community said and I quoted it to further ridicule them.
She 7-3s Sinestro as well according to you
Hey man, you are the one who said she 7-3's Aqua not us. The only person I have seen say 7-3 in that MU is you buddy! Sinestro is 6-4 so wrong again, but what's new.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Hey man, you are the one who said she 7-3's Aqua not us. The only person I have seen say 7-3 in that MU is you buddy! Sinestro is 6-4 so wrong again, but what's new.
Don't even try and bring me in on what was collectively agreed on in that thread. I to this day still don't know what any of you were thinking or if you were all even playing Injustice. 'Killer Frost and superman 6-4.. because he's forced to go for unsafe lows because she has a parry' LOL

RiBBz22

Don't even try and bring me in on what was collectively agreed on in that thread. I to this day still don't know what any of you were thinking or if you were all even playing Injustice. 'Killer Frost and superman 6-4.. because he's forced to go for unsafe lows because she has a parry' LOL
Jan 8, 2014. MylesWrong says KF 7-3's Aquaman.

GGs

I think the Superman MU is 5-5, but it is ok for you to argue 6-4 if that is the way you feel.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Jan 8, 2014. MylesWrong says KF 7-3's Aquaman.

GGs

I think the Superman MU is 5-5, but it is ok for you to argue 6-4 if that is the way you feel.
Ow whatever Ribbz. You cannot make that community look any worse then it already does; outsmarted by an 'online scrub' who hardly played Injustice but knew more about the character than all of them combined

RiBBz22

Ow whatever Ribbz. You cannot make that community look any worse then it already does; outsmarted by an 'online scrub' who hardly played Injustice but knew more about the character than all of them combined
Honestly it is strange to talk about out-smarting while in general sounding so idiotic. Anyways, this tangent has gone on long enough. Feel free to take matchup discussions for KF into her sub-forum.

I hit it in training all the time, but I am not sure how it often the situation to use that particular combo will present itself in a real match. You still have to allow the opponent to get in and risk guessing incorrectly to use the tech. Having said that, someone with impeccable defense using this tech would indeed be very scary. The combo is practical, having the resources to do it? IDK. Perhaps Sinestro players should just try and turtle it out once he has trait. Do you sit on the 2 trait shots and wait to use the tech or do you use trait to apply pressure / stay safe? There's still a lot to get fleshed out. The tech is very strong. This cannot be denied.

This is Wound's tech. He's the best Sinestro. Let's read what he has found regarding the tech.

Sorry a little off topic but how do you practice this tech in training mode? There is no option in practice mode (I wish there were) to have opponent attack you so that you can practice push block. How are people practicing push block in training mode by themselves? Sorry for my ignorance but any help would be really appreciated!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sorry a little off topic but how do you practice this tech in training mode? There is no option in practice mode (I wish there were) to have opponent attack you so that you can practice push block. How are people practicing push block in training mode by themselves? Sorry for my ignorance but any help would be really appreciated!
Record or set opponent to reversal and hit them.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Thank you for responding qwark....I really appreciate it. But could you elaborate on the record thing. Sorry I am kinda new and don't know what you mean by record?
If you go to AI options, you can use the bumpers to switch modes from AI, record, playback, ect. You record just a standard string (b12 or 111 or whatever you want really). After you record just hit playback and it will do it over and over again. This is how I practice the tech.

If you go to AI options, you can use the bumpers to switch modes from AI, record, playback, ect. You record just a standard string (b12 or 111 or whatever you want really). After you record just hit playback and it will do it over and over again. This is how I practice the tech.
Oh sweet! This is awesome....this is exactly what I have been wanting but didn't think it existed. Thank you Hysteria for the explanation! I really appreciate it.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
So have people calmed down about this yet? Are we going to see Sinestro sweep the Break, Next Level, WNF, GGA, etc this week and prove that this is a game-breaking lose-your-sh*t piece of tech?

Will we see 60% damage combos @AK Pig Of The Hut has mentioned a million times ripping through everyone for even trying to attack Sinestro?

I'm betting no. I'd be surprised if we see this tech used more than once or twice over the next few locals. If we start seeing Sinestro destroy folks with this, then we can overreact. Until then... its just typical MK Community blow ups--and you guys wonder why stuff gets patched so quickly and everyone jumps in to whine about whining and then whine to Ed Boon about listening to whiners whining about overpowered tactics.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I didn't really use this much in tournament (once or twice). It is alright but the problem is that it takes resources. The bigger damaging combos take even more resources and aren't consistent because some moves have alot of pushback when pushblocked. This is only really good in the corner imo because the combo does decent damage, is easy, and takes a minimum of resources. Let's also not forget that building trait is never easy.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This is retarded... I don't know sinestro but it looks stupid to me. Then again this game has a lot of stupid shit but it's still fun.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Let's also not forget that building trait is never easy.
The commentators at SCR were counting how many times you built trait in some matches.. I think it got up to 3 or 4 :p

I was surprised you didn't use this more; but I think that just like with MK9, tech always becomes easier to integrate once people start to alter their gameplan around it and practice working it in. There was a point were Cyrax was still not considered top tier even though he already had his brokenness -- just because people weren't fully adept at abusing it yet.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I didn't really use this much in tournament (once or twice). It is alright but the problem is that it takes resources. The bigger damaging combos take even more resources and aren't consistent because some moves have alot of pushback when pushblocked. This is only really good in the corner imo because the combo does decent damage, is easy, and takes a minimum of resources. Let's also not forget that building trait is never easy.
YOU MEAN IT'S NOT A FREE WIN FOR EVERY SINESTRO IN EVERY MATCHUP?