What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro post UFGT MU chart

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sweeps are low, and set up a nasty cross-up game on hit.
You can forward dash out of his cross up set ups the moment he leaves the ground, pretty sure thats something you can react to. But if you've got to resort to doing sweeps & YOLO overheads to break down a WW turtling, I'll take it.

What happens to Sinestro when he shoots off 1 wrong fireball and has to play 5050 all day? WW has the perfect defence against Sinestro, and Sinestro has mediocre defence against her already disgusting offense. You have to set up alot more shit to even begin to come close to her offense.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
35% ?

and by optimum i mean highest damage for the effort/ most reliable combo while maintaining high damage
I was doing d2-b1-shackles here, thanks. I was looking for a way to continue the f2d13 combo in the corner without using d2-b1-shackles because both d2 and shackles are terrible for damage scaling.

super move-35%
d2-super move-28%
shackles-super move-26%
d2-shackles-super move-22%

You get the point......thanks again.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
You can forward dash out of his cross up set ups the moment he leaves the ground, pretty sure thats something you can react to. But if you've got to resort to doing sweeps & YOLO overheads to break down a WW turtling, I'll take it.

What happens to Sinestro when he shoots of 1 wrong fireball and has to play 5050 all day? WW has the perfect defence against Sinestro, and Sinestro has mediocre defence against her already disgusting offense. You have to set up alot more shit to even begin to come close to her offense.
If you dash out and Sinestro has trait then you eat a full combo. He can punish it on reaction.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I guess Sinestros shit is gonna have to be discussed with trait and without trait.

Without trait WW doesn't really have to think much.
With trait WW may have to block a few things, but in general isn't gonna take much damage from him.

Even getting his trait up shouldnt be that easy against SS. The range she'll be in most of the time is a dash forward from fullscreen, which is her max distance shield toss. If you start charging the trait she can check you. Shield toss is only -4 on block too, so its not like Sinestro where if you get blocked you get punished.

I just don't see it the way you guys do. I've got Sinestro experience and in general it all seems to be the same sorta shit.

LEGEND

YES!

What happens to Sinestro when he shoots of 1 wrong fireball and has to play 5050 all day? WW has the perfect defence against Sinestro, and Sinestro has mediocre defence against her already disgusting offense. You have to set up alot more shit to even begin to come close to her offense.
i think its clear we both don't understand each other's character fully and this is getting too theory fighter for me.
-
imo, if a character can't stop Sinestro from building trait unless they're mid screen or closer, they're fucked. 3 shots of trait will always equal free damage + a set up

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i think its clear we both don't understand each other's character fully and this is getting too theory fighter for me.
-
imo, if a character can't stop Sinestro from building trait unless they're mid screen or closer, they're fucked. 3 shots of trait will always equal free damage + a set up
I know enough about Sinestro to know that you can't just get your trait up for free against WW, considering she has a better projectile within 1 dash from fullscreen.

I've played against Sinestro a fair amount since release day, he's one of the characters I'm confident enough to discuss when it concerns WW on the fundamental aspects of the match. This is one of the match ups in this game where turtling with shield stance is a legit option, trait up or not. The trait up gives him options yeah, cause if it didn't what would be the point, but you only get 3 attempts and you HAVE to go to her. Pair that up with her safe parry, that is also an attack which she can call your bluff on when you have the trait, its not so easy.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What 5050s? Block high then low against Sinestro right?
If you're turtling with WW, you can block, and tech throws at the same time, if your objective is to defend.

The trait doesn't honestly seem as threatening to WW as it does to alot of others.
Your theory fighting skills are impeccable

This sounds like rain Mileena all over again

What would u say MU is?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Saying WW can sit on a life lead against Sinestro while in Shield is like saying Grundy can too when he has his Chip Buff on, it just doesn't work. You're just giving Sinestro a free trait, and he's going to get in and get damage for free. He can just duck Shield Toss and check you with whatever because I have trait up. If you shield bash, you get punished. On top of that, how is WW gonna get the life lead in the first place, especially from Sword Stance? I just don't see how she would have any advantage in the MU.

Can KF parry throws?
No. But if you're asking if throwing is a good option to punish a blocked slide, just be aware that she can backdash and re-slide blowing up your throw. Basically after a blocked slide, if you use anything that isn't D3, she'll parry it, if you try and throw, they'll wise up and either tech it or punish your throw attempt with a simple backdash into another slide.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
no

but she can back dash them after block slide into another slide putting you in same situation square 1

plus you arent going to beat her w 20 throws
Starting to see why this MU is insanely one sided, i've never fought a solid KF so i don't really have any experience with the MU. But thanks for the info anyways

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
-
How dare you!! Obviously he knows everything there is to know about Sinestro because he has played a few shitty ones online and may have played around with him in practice mode.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wound cowboy and I came up with a post UFGT MU chart at Denny's

Some quick notes: first off WoundCowboy I lost that Denny's table mat we made it in so I did this by memory , everything right?

This will most likely change as time goes on and cowboy and I both agree sinestro is anywhere from top 7-10 on tier list A+ tier possibly better

Playing to win was also consulted some in our room as well especially about black Adam

Bane 7-3
Hawk girl 6-4
Lex Luthor 6-4 (potential 7-3)
Cyborg 6-4 (potential 7-3)
Lobo 6-4
Flash 6-4
Grundy 6-4 (potential 5-5)
Green lantern 6-4 (potential 5-5)
Harley 6-4
Joker 6-4

Shazam 5-5 (potential 6-4)
Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Batman 5-5
Superman 5-5
NW 5-5
Arrow 5-5
Raven 5-5
Wonder Woman 5-5

Aquaman 4-6 (potential 3-7)
Black Adam 4-6 (potential 5-5)
Doomsday 4-6
Bat girl 4-6
Frost un F-ing winnable against a top frost. Ill buy u a boat if u prove me wrong .
Rarely do I feel this way about MU charts, but I strongly agree with the majority of this. Now that i've played the game so much i might need a new pair of hands, i can comment. The only slight differences I'd place are-

DS 6-4 not 5-5. Maybe pre patch but now this is Sinestro's match.
Superman 6-4. This is one of the only MU's that isn't in Supes favor imo.
Batman 5.5-4.5. I think Sinestro is a MU where Batman can't just fight his fight. Sinestro has all the tools to keep him off balance and knock off is game, lessening his usual difficulty.
WW- 4-6. I can see this MU getting ugly once WW players increase in number and keep getting better.
Raven 4-6. She can punish almost everything 3/4 away, and from half screen into combos. With her trait on it's even harder against her. This never feels 5-5 for me.
No real Hawkgirl MU experience yet.
Probably Cyborg's worst MU.
Probably Aquamans best MU.
Fux Frost.

Come to think of it, Sinestro doesn't have many bad MU's at all.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Rarely do I feel this way about MU charts, but I strongly agree with the majority of this. Now that i've played the game so much i might need a new pair of hands, i can comment. The only slight differences I'd place are-

DS 6-4 not 5-5. Maybe pre patch but now this is Sinestro's match.
Superman 6-4. This is one of the only MU's that isn't in Supes favor imo.
Batman 5.5-4.5. I think Sinestro is a MU where Batman can't just fight his fight. Sinestro has all the tools to keep him off balance and knock off is game, lessening his usual difficulty.
WW- 4-6. I can see this MU getting ugly once WW players increase in number and keep getting better.
Raven 4-6. She can punish almost everything 3/4 away, and from half screen into combos. With her trait on it's even harder against her. This never feels 5-5 for me.
No real Hawkgirl MU experience yet.
Probably Cyborg's worst MU.
Probably Aquamans best MU.
Fux Frost.

Come to think of it, Sinestro doesn't have many bad MU's at all.
Thanks man

Yea I think his worst MUs are aqua , scorpion , bat girl and frost

Bat girl and aqua are very winnable but very hard

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks man

Yea I think his worst MUs are aqua , scorpion , bat girl and frost

Bat girl and aqua are very winnable but very hard
Right I forgot all about Scorpion. Yea he looks like he's gonna be a pain in the ass too. Hopefully we'll discover some easier ways to deal with him. I played against my friends Scorpion for about 2 hours last night and it was probably the most annoying char to fight for me other than Frost and Aqua. Having a hard time figuring out what to do in this MU.

Hopefully it's because he's new and needs to be learned. Hopefully...

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, I just got out of the lab with my friend 2twothehead and there may be a glimmer of hope fighting against Scorpion.

Anytime Sinestro lands a d3, 223, or 1b23 into a hard knockdown he can take away all of Scorpion's wake up attacks. Simply jump over Scorpion's head and input axe of terror. This will allow you to punish all of his wake up attacks with a 27% combo (except leg takedown which will whiff setting both characters back to netural). The only way for Scorpion to escape this is block or use leg takedown....even his super move can be punished by this tactic.

More work in the lab needs to be done and this in no way significantly changes the match up. I am just clawing and scratching for anything I can get. Hey, it's a start.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys, I have new tech.

Anytime a hellfire is jumped on reaction from 3/4 screen or closer a follow up fear blast must be blocked. You can even be fullscreen and jump forward to avoid the hellfire then fear blast. Fear blast is safe on block from roughly 1/2 screen and further from Scorpion's reversal teleport punish. Anytime Scorpion attempts a reversal teleport punish after a blocked fear blast a mb fear blast will hit him out of his reversal attempt even from fullscreen for 7% damage + frame advantage.....zoink.

Bit by bit little by little....again I will post this in other threads to get the word out.

Back to the lab.