What's new

Tech Sinestro Pansy Glitch Combos (Combos for the Pansy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well let's compare them really fast:

-All 3 characters get full combos from someone trying to attack them (I believe Zod and MMH can do this as well with Wraith and orbs, though I admit to not having tested this).
-All characters need to set this up, be it from trait or specials.
-It costs one bar for every character.
-All characters need to land a pushblock for it to work, meaning they have to guess correctly on a high/low/grab.
-Joker and Sinestro both get differing amounts of damage depending on how far away the opponent is when they get pushblocked (In both cases, pushblocking something very disjoincted will yield little to nothing).

It's precisely because I play Joker that this really looks to me like "I don't want to have to deal with this new BS on an already BS character so let's ban it, but let me keep mine because my character isn't good", and that is not a good reason to ban something.
If it is, then should we ban MMH's new 0-deaths on Asylum and HoJ because "That character is too good to have OTG resets"?

Also, your MMH comparison is somewhat flawed since not all teleports behave the same (Comparing attack teleports to normal ones is not exactly right), but even then, MMH's offensive teleports are really damn good, but who in their right mind would say "Let's keep most of his moveset, but ban this attack teleport, but keep other attack teleports intact.". The closest we've come to that was pre-patch scorpion, and we came really close to banning the entire character before he got fixed, but not once did anyone say "Well let's keep the character but ban this attack teleport. Keep Batgirl's though!"
Dude, the reason to ban this isn't the nature of the combo, it's how good Sinestro is, that's what all this fuss is about.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
@Fromundaman

You make good points. I believe though, that you are not seeing this holistically. Joker and Lex both get full combos from pushblock, yes but only due to mine/teeth placement and the spacing of their enemy. Sinestros simply only needs trait, something most sinestros accomplish during battle. Also we are talking about two characters (joker and lex) that need to get in in order to do damage. They simply cannot control space or zone as good as sinestro. Mines and teeth will expire over time, if the opposition decides not to attack and the defender commits himself to a pushblock set up, everything returns back to neutral. This is not the case for sinestro.

As long as sinestro has trait it will linger on screen unless specific things are done to get rid of it (we all know these things). As long as sinestro plays neutral his object simply becomes to defend. No time windows to follow (mines/teeth), no commitments, no risks. sinestro will be able to play his game as long as trait is available, and as long as he has trait, u can't touch him.

Even if the damage was low, this will still be messed up. Not because your gettin punished for aggressing, but because theoretically sinestro would be untouchable by a lot of the cast. Those who can zone sinestro out will remain neutral, but for those, it will be hell. more so than it already was pre-patch

GGA Max

Dude, the reason to ban this isn't the nature of the combo, it's how good Sinestro is, that's what all this fuss is about.
I agree with @Fromundaman that say if Lex lost his pushblock combo, Joker must lose his too.

Also, @Fromundaman the difference between sinestro's BS and jokers/lex/MMH/zod is the following:
(This is why I am butthurt atleast)

Lex has a mine out for maybe 3 seconds = you can't attack Lex for 3 seconds
Joker has teeth out for maybe 3 seconds = you can't attack Joker for 3 seconds until they disapear
Sinestro has trait for as long as he wants to keep it = you cannot attack sinestro for as long as he wants to keep trait stacked

Now the whole "he has to charge it" ... Yes and there are many opportunities to do so. This is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If this stays in the game for sinestro you will only be able to attack him for the first half or so of the match, and the second half will be a 10 - 0 MU in some cases.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I agree with @Fromundaman that say if Lex lost his pushblock combo, Joker must lose his too.

Also, @Fromundaman the difference between sinestro's BS and jokers/lex/MMH/zod is the following:
(This is why I am butthurt atleast)

Lex has a mine out for maybe 3 seconds = you can't attack Lex for 3 seconds
Joker has teeth out for maybe 3 seconds = you can't attack Joker for 3 seconds until they disapear
Sinestro has trait for as long as he wants to keep it = you cannot attack sinestro for as long as he wants to keep trait stacked

Now the whole "he has to charge it" ... Yes and there are many opportunities to do so. This is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. If this stays in the game for sinestro you will only be able to attack him for the first half or so of the match, and the second half will be a 10 - 0 MU in some cases.
I don't disagree about the first sentence, I see and saw no reason why both should lose their combos, just Sinestro.

GGA Max

I don't disagree about the first sentence, I see and saw no reason why both should lose their combos, just Sinestro.
Yeah I mean it doesn't matter how good Sinestro is, if Joker ...the worst character... had Sinestro's "pansy glitch", I'd still call for it to be banned.

IMO it doesn't matter who has it, it matters how it's used.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah I mean it doesn't matter how good Sinestro is, if Joker ...the worst character... had Sinestro's "pansy glitch", I'd still call for it to be banned.

Depends on how shitty the char is IMO but noone in this game is shitty enough to need this.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
@prycemonsta @GGA Max

Hmmmm.... I see your points.

This seems like a really gray area to me though. The principle of having a pushblock combo is not the problem then (Sorry, guess I misunderstood that), and Sinestro making life hell/punishing everything for people with trait on is nothing new, yet now that you mention it the two together do pose a problem.

I really hate the idea of banning a pushblock combo, yet I really can't think of another way to stop Sinestro sitting there holding back for a half hour without making anti-stalling rules as convoluted as what Smash Bros Brawl had.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but cant his trait be blocked after pushblock? Cause then you just have to block after pushblock and no crazy damage. Of course this is incredibly impressive and I'm sure he could follow up with some insane pressure of some sort, but I think people are making it out to be more than it actually is... Unless I'm totally wrong and trait is un blockable after pushblock, in which case Cowboy is gonna rape.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success

Is this gonna be a problem for bane? Cant you just command grab him? Im not being disrespectful just wondering

GGA Max

Is this gonna be a problem for bane? Cant you just command grab him? Im not being disrespectful just wondering
yeah it doesnt matter for bane. i can also just cancel my normal attack into armor which beats push block... i voice my opinion cuz it could really hurt other characters.

Sabin

Elder God
That isn't true whatsoever

I was a tester and many of us have talked about this in the last week and no it wasn't in there
I dont want to say too too much about it but remember, we did get to play several extra builds than what you did.
Not saying you're wrong by any means but I'm pretty sure there were tons of builds and things were changed. That's why I made the statement that I did sir.

Still, my memory is starting to get hazy around that time. Only NRS knows to be honest since they have all the assets and now that its hotfixed issue is closed?

See you at FR bro

Status
Not open for further replies.