What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I managed to knock Batgirl out of the teleport with MB boulder. Right after she ported and before the grab happened. I have no idea how i did this. Can anyone test?

Also, in the light of what just happened at UFGT, vs Green Arrow advice pls?

LEGEND

YES!
i need help with the Raven MU any tips?
stay full screen as much as possible,

wait out her trait when she activates it and punish all teleports with either D1 if she does it grounded or D2 if she does it in air,

at max distance you have all your usual zoning options (build trait, FB, MB FB and Asteroid).

Punish Soul crush with FB, MB FB can be used for more damage and the plus frames can be used for better possistioning

When stuck up close play it safe and try walking back, make sure you look out for jumps and wiffed stings so you can punish

Brainstorming some anti-KF tech. I started this because I read someone say it was impossible to charge trait vs Killer Frost except during full screen Shackles. So I wanted to find the best ways to charge maximum trait before having to block or counter Slide/Iceberg. Then explored some possible punish options for the 3 main combo enders I thought were the most interesting.

d2 is more likely to bait Slide. If they don't roll you can bj2, b13 for. If they roll you can nj3, d2 xx bb MB. Or you can MB b3 or IA Axe of Terror, d2, b12 xx Shackles.

3 is more likely to bait Iceberg. This wake up attack doesn't have any invincibility which means on a read you can stuff it completely with either Shackles or MB Meteor. Or you can charge trait a bit longer then Meteor to trade 8% vs 4.38%.

112 doesn't knock them down. They can only wake up attack from this if they roll back, which puts them further away from the screen which makes Slide risky to use. So for this reason I think 112 is most likely going to bait Iceberg.

LEGEND

YES!
ya your probably right. 10-0
its probably 6-4 DS.

Both players have to jocky for positions where their zoning is more effective than the other's. But whenever DS gains a solid lead it's much more difficult for Sinestro to regain it, Whereas DS can actually open you up without prior setups and regain the lead with much less risk/effort

Stage also has a very noticeable effect on the MU

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
its probably 6-4 DS.

Both players have to jocky for positions where their zoning is more effective than the other's. But whenever DS gains a solid lead it's much more difficult for Sinestro to regain it, Whereas DS can actually open you up without prior setups and regain the lead with much less risk/effort

Stage also has a very noticeable effect on the MU

ya if its ferris i pretty much just give up lol

stay full screen as much as possible,

wait out her trait when she activates it and punish all teleports with either D1 if she does it grounded or D2 if she does it in air,

at max distance you have all your usual zoning options (build trait, FB, MB FB and Asteroid).

Punish Soul crush with FB, MB FB can be used for more damage and the plus frames can be used for better possistioning

When stuck up close play it safe and try walking back, make sure you look out for jumps and wiffed stings so you can punish

i like to fight this match at b1 range. u can punish all her options for big damage. once u have a big lead... turtle. d2 is unreliable to beat teleport. your better option is to neutral jump 1, st. 1 shackles when she teles

LEGEND

YES!
There is no way DS beats Sinestro. He gets outzoned.
just because DS can't sit full screen doesn't mean he loses

also this

Not really, as our matches progressed I noticed I had to be at a certain range to punish your projectiles. Fullscreen I couldnt do squat.
Sinestro can't shoot any projectiles once DS gets within a certain range. Which i think is around jump distance. Sinestro can't even MB FB as a mix-up cause DS can shoot a bullet in the gap between the first and second FB shot, leaving the trade in his favor

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
just because DS can't sit full screen doesn't mean he loses

also this

Sinestro can't shoot any projectiles once DS gets within a certain range. Which i think is around jump distance. Sinestro can't even MB FB as a mix-up cause DS can shoot a bullet in the gap between the first and second FB shot, leaving the trade in his favor
Its 5-5 or advantage sinestro. The same range that DS wants to be in to punish FB is also the range that sinestro can punish low gunshot with FB, shackles, or b1 if close enough. Also, if DS is waiting to punish, he is not playing his game.

LEGEND

YES!
Its 5-5 or advantage sinestro. The same range that DS wants to be in to punish FB is also the range that sinestro can punish low gunshot with FB, shackles, or b1 if close enough. Also, if DS is waiting to punish, he is not playing his game.
"his game" is fucking characters up for whatever playstyle they choose to use. He punishes everything, and if they turtle he gets in and opens them up

i can see the MU being even but no way is it in Sinestro's favor

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
So I downloaded Scorpion today and he seems to be a pretty bad match up for our boy Sinestro. He can force Sinestro to move and jump around with unblockable hell fire and can punish all of Sinestro's zoning options either on block or on reaction with teleport punch. This could spell bad news for the yellow.