What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If you mean doing 311 cartwheel to get in, I would disagree with it man.

I'm okay with doing 311 cartwheel if it seems he is blocking everything, but if the 3 or 31 hits, do 311 instant levi fireball, which otgs him (causes 2% chip while eliminating wakeup) or if he doesnt block does 8% and eliminates wake up

Cartwheel is -7, and can be punished, and can put sindel in pressure.
okay thanks i just needed confirmation

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was watching Medina's last stream. Delriach's got some good stuff with Sindel. Nice.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
i saw that this was attempted but wasnt very detailed, so here are all chains and ways to either get an extra unscaled 8% or stand an opponant up after using iaf's.

Part One will be if an opponant techs and performs a wake-up

royal pain- 1,1,b2,4- follow w/ d,f1. This gives you an extra 8% unscaled totaling 19%. Also the plus side you and your opponant are left standing at full screen
Rebirth-b1,2-from starting point of the chain it can be done, however dashing blocking to iaf leaves you in sweep distance possibly allowing for continued pressure.

Anguish- 2,1,2- this chain has to different variations that can be used dependent upon the match-up your fighting. If you do 2,1,2 iaf the opponant will be hit giving an unscaled 8% again totaling 19%. On the other hand, dash blocking to ialf will put them on block only getting chip damage but giving you almost toe to toe range allowing for continued pressure with 1,1,1.

Sadness- 2,1,b3- This also in the same effect of Royal Pain will leave you full screen distance with opponant standing but they will only recieve chip damage. Cannot be dash blocked into iaf

Conqueror- b2,4 using this string then inputting d,f1 will result in a 7% then an additional 8% unscaled totaling 15% and full screen distance.

Queen's Anger-3,1,1 can be with good timing will force enemy to take chip and be left full screen distance.

Unforgettable- b3,f2 can be forced chip into continued pressure, but not recommended simply for all of the combo and mix up oppertunities this chain presents.

Child's Play-4,4,u3 cannot do this but will take 20% and leave enemy full screen. BUT, if you are to only use a very useful chain 4,4 you can levitate ilf and it will almost literally leave your opponant crouch blocking directly next to you for continued pressure.

Part Two will be strictly wake up no tech roll and believe it or not makes a difference in damage.

Royal Pain- Same string but can be done with an additional iaf after the 1st to take an additional unscaled 8% same distance left between characters.

Rebirth- both will result in the iaf doing unscaled 8% the difference is doing the af from the chain sp, and Dash blocking but IF, the only wake up and do not tech you MUST levi if for this to connect.

Anguish- Will result in an unscaled 8%, you MUST dash block but choosing when to end dash blocking and if will determine your spacing when the opponant is stood up. Immediately stopping and iaf will stand the enemy full screen, pausing before block into iaf will put them about jump distance, the choice is yours.

Sadness- leaves enemy full screen tacking on the additional 8% nothing fancy, just execute.

Conqueror- This will play similar to Royal pain in execution and effect just leaving out the 1,1.

Unforgettable- Gives the additional 8% and leaves enemy about jump distance again not recommened as previously stated unless your going for seperation.

Child's Play- Will connect in the same effect as Royal Pain and Conqueror just jump and iaf to get the additional 8% Totaling to 28%. Using 4,4 you MUST lev iaf for it to connect but to much spacing is created from the push back leaving you with only 4,4 again will connect or enough time to adjust to the match up at hand.

Queen's Anger- Addional 8% and full screen distance, you MUST levi cancel out of the string into iaf for execution.

For a side note, naked b2,1 and 4,4 is not the only way for those strings to apply that effect it can be used in situational combos to reset say a 25 to 30% back into pressure. I, myself am not sure of all of the situationals im still filling in the blanks. But i do know that en fireballs in these resets will increase from 8% to 15% but,if the opponant techs its pretty much a waste of a bar not recommened. Also i have not yet found a string that is successful in the corner even using levi cancel iaf's so help would be appricated. I hope this is useful to all sindel players in the community

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
In the corner you can use 3,1,1,Levitate,Fireball or F1,2,4,Levitate,Fireball.

I remember when KeyWestBoi used to play MK months back, his Sindel used to do 2,1,Levitate,Fireball and 2,1,Levitate,Fireball,dash,Fireball this was midscreen. His Sindel is very unique and gdlk, everyone remembers him for Sindel and KeyWestBoi IS Sindel. He has so many wonderful set ups that I wish I could remember them all because he heavily used Levitate-Cancel and you literally froze because you couldn't react to what his Sindel is doing, insane mix-ups.

Since you labeled her moveset by name, what is F1,2,4 called?

Dsynkronized

Tierless
there are a few strings that i didnt put in because the wont work in the sceniro im laying out its called confronted and rise to power is 3,1,b2

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Unforgettable- b3,f2 can be forced chip into continued pressure, but not recommended simply for all of the combo and mix up oppertunities this chain presents.
Can you tell me some of the mixup opportunities this presents other than b3>lfb? I barely get to use it unless i get a jump in punch to combo (jumpng over a stupid projectile etc)

Dsynkronized

Tierless
well i mean thats about it for that string or levi cancel with a paused fireball allowing there blocking to free up or staying on block allowing no punish but i mean b3 f2 scream then 2,1 levi cancel d4 df4 or her big combo b3 f2 scream into b3 f2 dahs b1 2 dash 1 dash 1,1,1 hw

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I was playing around with Sindel in training and realized that if she enhances her scream, she can connect it off of a deep jiK to d1 (helps to buffer the dash into d1). The timing is a little more strict, but once you get the hang of it, it seems pretty legit.

This might be useful to keep in mind against characters with strong footsies (i.e. Mileena) if you have meter to burn.

So... Deep jiK, dash d1~En. Scream, jiP into levitate cancel pressure, mixups, resets, etc. Again, sorry if everyone already knows this, I just thought it was cool :)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i wasnt planning on sharing any of this till the rumored hotfix came out or findig out that it was just a rumor.. but since you pretty much posted all of it dsyn. ill just simplify it all with just the anti wake up stuff. this ignores all the pop ups where your better off doing full combos like b1, 2/44 etc.. and we all know b2, 4, fireball 1.

these 3 can be done anytime where ever when ever on screen, ending combos, starting combos..

2, 1 , 2 ~ this one is a type of "otg" you can jump in and do a d,f 3 force the wake up and be right near them
3, 1, 1 xx FIAF 1
Hair whip FIAF 3
end combos with
b3, f2 ~ then FIAF
1 , 1, b2 d, f+3

in the corner
4, 4 fireball ~ then FIAF will force them to wake up
2, 1 , b3 ~ then FIAF will force them to wake up
3, 1, b2 ~ then FIAF will force them to wake up

either of these, if your foe tries to wake up ~ they will get hit with the fireball follow up with 44 d.f 3

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
When I was experimenting with Sindel a while back, I noticed her 4 had insane range (Hits from start position!) and was mid, not to mention 12f. And that whip's range was funny, considering it was -7 on block (Man, if Sindel got any buffs, pushback on whip on block would be one awesome buff that IMO would complete her).

I was wondering, what does Sindel have altogether for footsies? It's a huge deal in today's metagame, and I think she does a solid job here with just the little I do know from my time playing her.

Knowing how good 4 is, it would actually scare me now to give her the ability to cancel it to scream. Whiff punish 4 xx scream? Too godlike.

LEGEND

YES!
44 is really good, gets you in on block and can be linked with scream on hit for about 26% or 20% and a throw mix-up

i also found B3-levi cancel to be a good way to get in safely from a distance or you can even complete the string if you see them flinch when the B3 is winding up to lead to 38% off this combo: B32, yell, Jip B32, B12 uppercut (must react as soon as you see any kind of movement in order to do this kind of "hit confirm")

Dash in D3-Step Up isn't bad

B24-low air fireball has good forward range and isn't too bad on wiff, can also catch someone out of the air

DanCock

Cock Master!!
4 is 14 frames.

Yea it's one of her "footsies". 44, 3 fireball leaves her is a prime spot for mix ups. Except near the wall that weird jax glitch is there but it doesn't work good for her it actually leaves her in a spot to get punished.

Make sure the first 4 hits cause if the 4 whiffs the second 4 can be punished. Doing just a 4, most people will expect a 44 so just a 4 into mixup works well.

It's all in the sindel strategy thread stickied on top of this forum. It's not complete yet b there's info there.

The hair whip hitting high is extremely stupid with the many stupid things they did with her like 2 and enhanced scream being chargeable but not u blockable or doing re damage like every other character in the game.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DanCock

Cock Master!!
THTB im not 100% sure what footsies mean really but i feel i do.. anyway could her flight be considered "footsies? bascially i use it to fake out stuff.. like ill do flight cancel then dash in and throw, or low fireball, step up, 44, low poke, run etc.. i use it to keep my foe spaced away from me and get them thinking.. so its part of her "footsies" game correct??

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB im not 100% sure what footsies mean really but i feel i do.. anyway could her flight be considered "footsies? bascially i use it to fake out stuff.. like ill do flight cancel then dash in and throw, or low fireball, step up, 44, low poke, run etc.. i use it to keep my foe spaced away from me and get them thinking.. so its part of her "footsies" game correct??
More or less, footsies is the use of spacing, baiting and whiff punishment to outplay an opponent. So yes, basically you're right.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
More or less, footsies is the use of spacing, baiting and whiff punishment to outplay an opponent. So yes, basically you're right.
b3, even though its slow....has good range and is really meaty. The whole string b3 f2 is really good once you have full meter since her x-ray hits low, opening up many possibilities since she has both a low and an overhead special attack. Her mixup are not really strong but she has a lot.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
What benefits are there to holding the second 2 for 212?
Charging the second 2 in the 212 string allows you to sometimes drop your combo making your opponent think you're horrible at this game and underestimate you... Totally high level mind games brah!

But seriously I don't think it does anything... It doesn't become unblockable, it does the same damage and opponent can techroll/wake up.

You'd think maybe you could use it as some kind of ghetto frametrap but, when doing this to the Sub-Zero AI in training I've gotten Ice Cloned and B1'd, he also was able to jump back and he could probably just D4 me. Then again even if you could... Why would you? Not charging puts you in the same position you were even if you did so why bother adding risk to it?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
What benefits are there to holding the second 2 for 212?
no purpose, you are better off doing 2,1 flight cancel. But know that 212 if the 2 hits you can prevent a wake up by either jumping at your foe and doing the 3 air fireball or if you near the wall jumping up and doing the 3 fireball. This will make them wake up instantly catching them off guard.

What I wished for the held 2 in that combo, I wish we were able to special cancel it if it were held :/

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Do you guys have any good setups for dash cancelling the ex scream? For example, I played one Sindel who repeatedly did it after F+1,2, which was probably a waste of meter more than anything.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Yeah that was after XBL Mind Gamez last online tournament, lol.

So there's really not much use for the ex scream cancel, then?