What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
nice video. But GamerBlake90 should be crediting REO for this discovery over a year ago. Other players over the last year used it alot themselves.

But I love Mr. Mileena for teaching me to press and hold block to ensure the cancel comes out perfectly!! I love nr mileena :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
I never knew REO had even done this. I only learned of the Levitation Cancel pressure from Mr. Mileena.

you could sacrifice a jump punch after a yell and do 3 levi cancels and follow up with your combo.
you can end strings in levi cancel low fireball if they block.

on a successful step up, you can insta levi cancel just to throw it out there, im sure you have enough time to recover, since they are as well.

and i disagree with her being a bad character to gain meter with, her zoning is at an angle, meaning the opponent cannot simply duck, i have a lot of success hitting opponents with blocked projectiles, and i feel i gain meter with sindel quickly and cause major chip damage too

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm trying to pick up Sindel, mostly for fun :)
For her basic combos, is it better to end with a hairwhip or 311~levitate fireball?
When punishing something with a fast attack, is 11b24~fireball the best option? (without meter)

d4 levitate cancel is reallyyy tough lol, but it seems pretty important to learn. Do you have any tips for doing the inputs fast enough?

Those are my only big questions right now but I'll appreciate any extra advice. Thanks!

I'm trying to pick up Sindel, mostly for fun :)
For her basic combos, is it better to end with a hairwhip or 311~levitate fireball?
When punishing something with a fast attack, is 11b24~fireball the best option? (without meter)

d4 levitate cancel is reallyyy tough lol, but it seems pretty important to learn. Do you have any tips for doing the inputs fast enough?

Those are my only big questions right now but I'll appreciate any extra advice. Thanks!
For moves like Reptiles Dash, Kanos Upball, I recommend doing 1 ex scream, or 11b24, if by any chance you miss the 1 (meaning hes blocking) just do 11b2 low fireball to be at -7 instead of like -19+ since the 4 usually whiffs at times, dont risk it

Punish mileenas roll with 3 scream, and her tele with 1 scream, and her ex tele with d1 ex scream or d1 special

for attacks that roll up like kl dive kick, raiden superman, scorp tele, i like doing 44 into combo
same for kabals dash

if youre playing her for fun, forget about d4 and d3 levi cancels

input the levi cancel with down down up [hold block]

DanCock

Cock Master!!
so day 3 into this pad experiment i find that doing 44, d+4~ scream is easier to do then 44,1~scream LOLOL

i had a hard time doing pokes into specials on my sticks i find it easy to do on pad..

thought id share that if anyone has problems with 44,1 scream just use d+4 instead you really cant fuck it up like how using 1 can be fucked up..

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
So i had a play around with sindel last night and i have come up with a fun way to play her, so is there anything that im going to need to master before i can compete with her that maybe i havent found? What im looking for is a ground reset that allows me to either end my combos with them standing, or allow me to pick them up with a d3 or another move to deny them a wake up game. Also her instant levi cancel fireballs, do they have less noticeable recovery than just an IAf or a jump fireball, i know that they cover different areas of the screen so its very handy to have the mixup but am i on better recovery ?

Also whats her go to anti air combo, im using B1,2 1 scream or b1 2 1 111 hair whip.

And whats the value of cutting combos at the scream so i can go into cancel pressure mixups, is it worth trying to grab that extra chip and meter or should i take the damage and gtfo?

I personally think sindel has the least answers to other characters , so other than decent zoning and decent normals what should i be working on to fight the uphill battles? For the record i think she is bottom 5, even so the worst character in the game, just because she has worse tools than anyone else for getting in, getting out, and breaking apart pressure. if she could move backwards and forwards on the screen a bit easier then people would have less trouble fighting for the space.

My current playstyle/gameplan with her is to take a life lead, be it with one mixup, some chip damage or a throw. Get it, run away and space them out with your zoning, using her EX fireballs to wittle them down if they make a bad move, so when they do finally catch you they have to put more work in to take the round. Seems to be going well however people dont seem to block right against me so i can usually take that life lead very easily, in higher level play i recon its a whole different idea.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
So i had a play around with sindel last night and i have come up with a fun way to play her, so is there anything that im going to need to master before i can compete with her that maybe i havent found? What im looking for is a ground reset that allows me to either end my combos with them standing, or allow me to pick them up with a d3 or another move to deny them a wake up game. Also her instant levi cancel fireballs, do they have less noticeable recovery than just an IAf or a jump fireball, i know that they cover different areas of the screen so its very handy to have the mixup but am i on better recovery ?

Also whats her go to anti air combo, im using B1,2 1 scream or b1 2 1 111 hair whip.

And whats the value of cutting combos at the scream so i can go into cancel pressure mixups, is it worth trying to grab that extra chip and meter or should i take the damage and gtfo?

I personally think sindel has the least answers to other characters , so other than decent zoning and decent normals what should i be working on to fight the uphill battles? For the record i think she is bottom 5, even so the worst character in the game, just because she has worse tools than anyone else for getting in, getting out, and breaking apart pressure. if she could move backwards and forwards on the screen a bit easier then people would have less trouble fighting for the space.

My current playstyle/gameplan with her is to take a life lead, be it with one mixup, some chip damage or a throw. Get it, run away and space them out with your zoning, using her EX fireballs to wittle them down if they make a bad move, so when they do finally catch you they have to put more work in to take the round. Seems to be going well however people dont seem to block right against me so i can usually take that life lead very easily, in higher level play i recon its a whole different idea.
When you end a combo sending them off full screen to proceed her zoning game, you should use 1,1,Back2,4~Fireball or 3,1,1,Levitate~Fireball. Her corner game is my favorite among her midscreen combos, I can get 40%+ on various set-ups.

Levitate~Fireball from full screen builds meter faster and recovers faster but should be used from full screen for safe spacing, her Air Fireball has recovery time before she lands back on ground - it's recommended to spam full screen Air and Low Fireballs, spam Air Fireball close for her offensive game.

Her Scream is slow and be jump in punched. I would recommend Ex Scream since it's faster if you can read a jumper. Hair Whip works too but you have to be more further than midscreen to catch them.

An anti-air combo starter would be 1~Scream or 3~Scream.

Since Sindel doesn't have an armored move like she should for Cartwheel/Scream. Her D1 works well when being pressured, also D4~Cartwheel. To fight for space, Sindel can do D4 then follow with 4,4,Fireball or 4,4,1~Scream combo.

A good mix-up would would 2,1,Cartwheel or 2,1,Low Fireball. Once in awhile you can mix in 2,1,Levitate-Cancel then follow up with Grab, B1,2~Combo or D1~Cartwheel. In some cases 2,1,Levitate then Double Close Fireball.

Sindel's playstyle varies. If she's against someone without a Teleport, she can play her Fireball spam game. If she's is against with a character that teleports, she relies on baiting and punish accordingly. Now if she is against Raiden (Hair Whip I find useful in this MU) or Mileena who are fast and everywhere on screen, she has to rushdown, throw random fireballs and bait fast. Characters like Kenshi, Smoke and Nightwolf who counter her Fireballs make it difficult to zone and good luck to Sindel trying to get in. I usually take the life lead, get the meter lead and protect her spacing. I might go to a tournament next month, it depends, I'll be using Sindel there hopefully I don't freeze like a deer in headlights.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Her Scream is slow and be jump in punched. I would recommend Ex Scream since it's faster if you can read a jumper. Hair Whip works too but you have to be more further than midscreen to catch them.
Thanks thats a massive help, the part i quoted i misunderstood, after a scream in a combo, like 44 1 scream or b1 2 scream is it worth taking maybe a jip 2 levi cancel or something for the advantage and then go into blockstrings and mixup, instead of just ending in hair whip or fireballs.

Ive had so much success with levitate cancelling at mid screen to bait, and then follow up with b3 f2 or b3 levitate. also doing a levitate and letting it go higher before canceling during blockstrings beats alot of ground normals which will travel under you, allowing to drop down and punish accordingly.

I think with chip damage and zoning combined you do enough damage to them to hold a life lead until you can slip in that big combo punish, and if they play safe you can just time them down until they have to panic, and again baiting with levitate cancel seems the fastest and safest way to do that.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Thanks thats a massive help, the part i quoted i misunderstood, after a scream in a combo, like 44 1 scream or b1 2 scream is it worth taking maybe a jip 2 levi cancel or something for the advantage and then go into blockstrings and mixup, instead of just ending in hair whip or fireballs.

Ive had so much success with levitate cancelling at mid screen to bait, and then follow up with b3 f2 or b3 levitate. also doing a levitate and letting it go higher before canceling during blockstrings beats alot of ground normals which will travel under you, allowing to drop down and punish accordingly.

I think with chip damage and zoning combined you do enough damage to them to hold a life lead until you can slip in that big combo punish, and if they play safe you can just time them down until they have to panic, and again baiting with levitate cancel seems the fastest and safest way to do that.
If you happen to use 4,4,1~Scream or B1,2,3~Scream you can do jump in punch, 2,1,Levitate-Cancel... then Grab, B1,2,3~Scream combo again, or D1~Cartwheel if they duck during your Levitate-Cancel.

I find her most effective Levitate-Cancel strings are 2,1,Levitate-Cancel - 3,1,Levitate-Cancel - F1,2,Levitate Cancel and I know her D4~Levitate-Cancel is very good but hard to do.

If you use 2,1,Levitate-Cancel then follow up with B3,F2 - it's not good because B3 is so slow that your opponent will poke you, uppercut you, jump out, cross-over or use an armored move. D1~Cartwheel or Grab works faster.

I find the best way for Sindel is to end combos for full screen spacing, B2,4~Fireball, 3,1,1,Levitate~Fireball, 3,1,B2. To keep them at midscreen for B3,LowFireball/F2 combo set ups, you can end combos with Hair Whip, Cartwheel or Ex Fireball for push back. Sindel is good, I find her best to zone first, rushdown when needed then retreat to spam an obstacle course.

x_0

Noob
Pretty much what Mr.Mileena said...
+ I really like her 1,1,B2,4~LAF/HAF(depending on opponent's reaction) on block at close range for that matter

x_0

Noob
Since it's impossible for me to zone I'd really appreciate if some of her normals were made faster at the start ups
Like...seriously - looking at her frame data makes me wanna cry

today is my first day playing with a ps2 pad, and let me tell you, this is the controller that needs to be used to play sindel.

Her combos are crisp, no more b12 and getting a standing 2, and her levitate cancels are easier due to the block button not being so deep

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
today is my first day playing with a ps2 pad, and let me tell you, this is the controller that needs to be used to play sindel.

Her combos are crisp, no more b12 and getting a standing 2, and her levitate cancels are easier due to the block button not being so deep
Tell me you werent trying to levitate cancel on an xbox or ps3 with 10 minutes of travel time on the block button D:

DanCock

Cock Master!!

Yea I just got my ps2 pad yesterday, now I need to remap all my buttons. Bleh I have one more week to prepare for final round. I might just say fuck sindel and learn noob and mileena more.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

If you give up sindel, you're supporting those people who think she's garbage.

She clearly is not, which is why I have not dropped her.
Just counterpick really hard matchups like raiden kung lao and kitana for sindel

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
smokey And why had I thought that you don't like her? :confused:

smokey

Sindels is one of the worst characters in the game. Just because you learn how to play her doesnt make her design any more viable.

still dont deny it, shes bad as a character. shes just fun to mess with atm im learning the matchup more by playing as her, strykers my next pick i recon, then baraka or kano

BT-joe

green is good
Since it's impossible for me to zone I'd really appreciate if some of her normals were made faster at the start ups
Like...seriously - looking at her frame data makes me wanna cry
i feel ur pain brotha i to like sindel but u gotta make the best of what shes got....train hard

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
What do you guys and gals think is the best AA for Sindel, or what do you find yourself using the most? I'm trying to get a read on what other people do since I just find myself usually going for iAFs. Is a back dash then standing 1 a good option to lead into a short combo? I'm guessing Scream and u4 is pretty situational, but her crouching d1 seems to have some merit too (as far as crossovers go). Any tips?