What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
Anyone else noticed how hard her D2 connects? Or how easy it misses? I don't know what it is exactly, but it's shit compared to Jade or D'Vorah.
Also it's so hard to do anything with her in the corner, once the opponent puts you in the corner...

She needs some buffs.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Ah'm at my wits end folks... Been playing Splitting Hairs since launch and doing pretty good, but the last couple of days have been disheartening. Ill use a recent example:

So I just fought a Liu Kang set. I had a Flawless first round, perfect reads. Round 2: they landed one hit.
But the next four rounds, they win with nothing else expect runaway fireballs, mix of high low and EX. That's all it took, even with good dodging, eventually one would get through both match 2 and 3 were just a chase, they were straight laughing at me.

The previous set to this, some other dude picks Noob. I win first two rounds handily, no problem. They change to Jade, same deal as Liu, mixup projectiles, back dashing and escapes. They take the next four rounds straight.

I'm so disheartened that even with quality Sindel play (not amazing but good enough) combined with mostly successful dodging, I'm literally having people just play runaway projectiles, and they're wiping the floor with me.
All variants need something to deal with this, a reflector, a teleport, or simply low fireball.

Have I got to throw Splitting Hairs in the trash? I don't want to, but I just don't see any other way around it. I used to play Cassie, and ofc this was never a worry. Cheers in advance.

Stanlos

Noob
Ah'm at my wits end folks... Been playing Splitting Hairs since launch and doing pretty good, but the last couple of days have been disheartening. Ill use a recent example:

So I just fought a Liu Kang set. Flawless first round, they landed one hit second. But the next four, they win with nothing else expect runaway fireballs, mix of high low and EX. That's all it took, even with good dodging, both matches were are chase, they were straight laughing at me.

Previous set, some other dude picks Noob. I win first two rounds handily. They change to Jade, same deal, they take four rounds straight.

I'm so disheartened that even with quality Sindel play (not amazing but good enough) combined with mostly successful dodging, I'm literally having people just play runaway projectiles, and they're wiping the floor with me.
All variants need something to deal with this, a reflector, a teleport, or simply low fireball.

Have I got to throw Splitting Hairs in the trash? I don't want to, but I just don't see any other way around it. Cheers in advance.
That Jade and Liu sound like what I do against the hair flip variation. Online I find it is the only thing to get out of her weird 50/50s

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea her first variation has one of the worst full-screen presence in the game, but here third variation definitely doesn't. Switch to her other variation for those matchups and they'll have to come to you.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
It's like, without a fireball she's completely unviable, almost all my fights consist of people walking backwards while having their pick of when and what to go in with.

More than anything, it's just fkn really boring to play games like that. I just took down a SZ whose entire game was jump back axe. You don't learn anything from that.

Edit: went back to Cassie to round the night out, (for first time since sindel dropped.)

Won straight seven sets in a row HEARTBREAK X(

Last edited:
For a projectile to matter, it would have to better than whatever the opponent's throwing at you. And for that, you can already pick the 3rd variation (though it's still worse than Liu's low fireball, so not much changes).

Having to chase down backpedallers is aggravating, but NRS has no concept of zoning beyond spamming it.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
For a projectile to matter, it would have to better than whatever the opponent's throwing at you. And for that, you can already pick the 3rd variation (though it's still worse than Liu's low fireball, so not much changes).

Having to chase down backpedallers is aggravating, but NRS has no concept of zoning beyond spamming it.
Low fireball might beat Sindels fireball, but you can just jump over bf3. Her third variation wins the zoning battle against most of the cast.

I love playing as Sindel in this game. That's coming from someone who didn't use Sindel much in the other games. Despite the retcon, this is the best incarnation of Sindel, in my opinion.

can her jumping 2 please get a hitbox buff already for heaven's sake? it whiffs waaay too easy, it needs a hitbox slightly below the hair so you don't have to time it completely late and unintuitively in her V2, which is the variation that needs the most help

speaking of how clunky her v2 is, it was not necessary for them to make her scream a high... that is an extremely painful downgrade as well

can her jumping 2 please get a hitbox buff already for heaven's sake? it whiffs waaay too easy, it needs a hitbox slightly below the hair so you don't have to time it completely late and unintuitively in her V2, which is the variation that needs the most help

speaking of how clunky her v2 is, it was not necessary for them to make her scream a high... that is an extremely painful downgrade as well

V2 works well for me. You get unbreakable damage, Air to Air conversions, a safer scream, plus meaty setups, and air mobility. It’s just a higher execution variation. Once you play it for a bit, you’ll be able to do the unbreakable combos much easier and know when you’re able to convert with a J2 instead of staying safe with a J1.