What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

I'm not continuing on with the drama. You're perfectly able to have your own opinions, I encourage that. There's no reason to block you just because you have a different opinion than I do. I just don't personally see the point in complaining about something that can't be changed at this point. You can do as you please, I just personally hope to see this thread be a bit more positive about Sindel in general since we haven't been able to play her in 10 years.

I hope on Tuesday the thread is filled more with discussions on gameplay aspects of Sindel rather than lore and backstory :)

I am sorry if I made you feel like you need to be silenced or your opinion doesn't matter. I just don't vibe with negative things that you can not do anything about. Complaining about it changes nothing except getting more people to complain also and make more negative space.

It's in my opinion better to focus on the positives on what you get, rather than what you didn't get. but again I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked in any way @HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Not personally attacked, just pointing out that it is alright to talk about the negative things as well, the things that can be improved on, the things people are dissatisfied with, without having to be silenced because others get fanboy whiny (not that you were) about someone saying anything negative about something they like.

There will be threads focusing on Sindel's gameplay, and I'm not one to enter those threads and start a discussion about lore. However, this is a "General Discussion" thread, which means (to my understanding, at least) it is open to all things about Sindel and not just gameplay.

I can't stress this enough though... just because I am not happy with this retcon and I'm focused on that point a lot recently, it doesn't mean that I dislike other aspects of her in MK11. On the contrary, and though I've said it before, I'm saying it again... I think she looks absolutely fantastic, her gameplay looks awesome and fun, and I am looking forward to Tuesday!

2 DAYS TO GO!!! ♥♥♥

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
You've already posted your opinion about this matter several times in this thread, and continue to do so instead of taking your own advice and just move on. What other people talk about and like to focus on is beyond your control, and there's nothing wrong with us doing so... And you keeping to try and belittle those who do, again and again, instead of just ignoring it and move on... well... to use your own words:

it’s pretty pathetic at that point

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
That’s unfortunate.

I mean I understand the frustration or whatever, but at the end of the day, nothing can be done. It’s already set in stone. So if people are still talking about that come Tuesday and so on, it’s pretty pathetic at that point
I mean, it's not like you're adding anything of value to the discussion either man. At least people who are """butthurt""" kinda have a stake in this. You're just sorta complaining for the sake of complaining...? I legit don't get it

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You've already posted your opinion about this matter several times in this thread, and continue to do so instead of taking your own advice and just move on. What other people talk about and like to focus on is beyond your control, and there's nothing wrong with us doing so... And you keeping to try and belittle those who do, again and again, instead of just ignoring it and move on... well... to use your own words:
And for you guys to continue to talk about it is...well to use your words...“beyond your control”.
I’m not belittling anyone so if you feel that way you can block. I’m just voicing my opinion, the same way as you guys.
Either way come Tuesday I’m looking for tech in the thread and others. If you guys still wanna cry about a little story change then go ahead. It’s just sad and nothing will change my opinion on it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I mean, it's not like you're adding anything of value to the discussion either man. At least people who are """butthurt""" kinda have a stake in this. You're just sorta complaining for the sake of complaining...? I legit don't get it
What is complaining going to do tho? So they changed her story up a bit. So what? NRS isn’t thinking about YOU or the others who feel some type of way when they make decisions like this so all the non stop complaining isn’t going to change anything. You guys are still going to use her regardless, no?

if she’s trash then complain about that. That can be fixed. Her story is already done and over with

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
What is complaining going to do tho? So they changed her story up a bit. So what? NRS isn’t thinking about YOU or the others who feel some type of way when they make decisions like this so all the non stop complaining isn’t going to change anything. You guys are still going to use her regardless, no?

if she’s trash then complain about that. That can be fixed. Her story is already done and over with
I'll just put it simply. This is the Sindel General Discussion Thread. We're discussing the character. There's no tech yet. No big combos. So all we can discuss is her looks (which everyone already said they loved), the gameplay from the trailers (which have been mostly liked) and her lore from the ending (which had, well, mixed reception). We're discussing the character. You're bitching about the way people appreciate and relate to a character. It's petty, uncalled for and it seems like you just want to be generally unpleasant to people you don't agree with/relate to.
If that's the value you're gonna bring to a discussion then why bother? Just wait until there's tech and more gameplay ffs. Of course people aren't gonna enjoy it when you go out of your way to criticize stuff about them that doesn't concern you.
EDIT: props to @Samsara for saying exactly what was on my mind without wasting time and energy, I just feel silly now xD

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter

Also, I love this skin. Like, a lot. Idk why. It looks like a skimpy wedding dress and it's a whole lewk. When I first saw it in the Kombat Kast I thought it was trash, but this color is a whole bop.
MK might've spoiled me, but when a fighter doesn't wear any form of gloves, wristbands or gauntlets, I feel like the design is missing something. Having bare hands and arms just looks... bare. It feels wrong. Dunno how else to explain it.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm kind of disappointed there doesn't seem to be any appropriate art with Sindel/Nightwolf rivalry or anything as of yet.

I do hope they continue the rivalry down the line because it was fun and it seems like every time Nightwolf or Sindel return in a game both return as was the case for Deception and now MK11 (not counting the reunion games for obvious reasons since everyone shows up). They haven't missed a game if one of them was playable in it. Cool little fun fact.

Wedding Sindel above is actually dope, but her remake of MK3 is probably the only one I'll end up using in green, yellow, purple or red.

S+ Main

Noob
I'm kind of disappointed there doesn't seem to be any appropriate art with Sindel/Nightwolf rivalry or anything as of yet.

I do hope they continue the rivalry down the line because it was fun and it seems like every time Nightwolf or Sindel return in a game both return as was the case for Deception and now MK11 (not counting the reunion games for obvious reasons since everyone shows up). They haven't missed a game if one of them was playable in it. Cool little fun fact.

Wedding Sindel above is actually dope, but her remake of MK3 is probably the only one I'll end up using in green, yellow, purple or red.
if i was nightwolf i would talk mad shit to sindel cause i know im about to die but i won the first fight (kind of).

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
if was nightwolf i would talk mad shit to sindel cause i know im about to die but i won the first fight (kind of).
If Sindel didn't have Shang Tsung's power it would definitely have been pretty even at worst for Nightwolf. Sindel is powerful and all, but Nightwolf is generally at least in my opinion depicted as being pretty on par with Liu Kang in terms of power if not slightly below. It wasn't even just that he took out Sindel he was able to shield himself from her screams when others like Jade, Johnny, Jax and so on were pushed back.

I don't buy for a minute she'd trounce him with her regular power level. It would probably be a pretty even tooth and nail fight.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Anyway. Happy chats only now bois and gorls? I apologize for being rude to people who are upset about the retcon. :( I luv u.

Also, I love this skin. Like, a lot. Idk why. It looks like a skimpy wedding dress and it's a whole lewk. When I first saw it in the Kombat Kast I thought it was trash, but this color is a whole bop.
I'm not generally a fan of revenant designs, but damn did they nail her human form. I don't think I've ever liked the way any female character does in this game this much ever. She's sexy without being over the top and her face looks gorgeous. Not to mention the voice acting.
Regardless of my complaints with the game, the female characters look so good imo. Compare their faces to anything on MK9 or even X, the difference is scary.
I'm generally not obsessed with skins on most games but I'm DYING to try every look she has.