What's new

Since gear is a thing now...what kind of gear abilities do you want to see?

d3v

SRK
It is fascinating how many people champion capcom for the way they build and balance and support SF but just gloss over the horrific treatment of MvC3, SFxT and their players.
UMvC3 doesn't need any further balancing. By classic standards, there's nothing there are dumb as anything we saw in games like MvC1, etc.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Depends on which is worse in your opinion. An extreme gap in top tier to broken tier or rampant touch of death? UMVC3 has more viable top tier and teams but the TOD factor is far far far higher, but MVC2 is more back and forth and requires more mixups and stricter combos but the upper card is far narrower in terms of viable cast and teams.

If MVC2 had as many viable top teams as MVC3 but kept its level of damage on combos without resorting to infinites then I'd still bet it'd be played now at tourney. Its a series thats worst selling game was the one that tried to balance stuff though so its founded on bullshit vs bullshit and letting broken stuff rock though.

Getting a little off topic here though. However, I would LOVE for some of the gear in Injustice 2 to function like some of the assists in MvC games. Unless its hidden missiles as a gear option. Fuck that assist.

trufenix

bye felicia
UMvC3 doesn't need any further balancing. By classic standards, there's nothing there are dumb as anything we saw in games like MvC1, etc.
If MvC1 is the bar, you're basically saying no fighting game except maybe CFJ has had balance needs in the last 15 years.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It was the most broken one that people kept playing, but they are all criminally designed games.
Depends on which is worse in your opinion. An extreme gap in top tier to broken tier or rampant touch of death? UMVC3 has more viable top tier and teams but the TOD factor is far far far higher, but MVC2 is more back and forth and requires more mixups and stricter combos but the upper card is far narrower in terms of viable cast and teams.

If MVC2 had as many viable top teams as MVC3 but kept its level of damage on combos without resorting to infinites then I'd still bet it'd be played now at tourney. Its a series thats worst selling game was the one that tried to balance stuff though so its founded on bullshit vs bullshit and letting broken stuff rock though.

Getting a little off topic here though. However, I would LOVE for some of the gear in Injustice 2 to function like some of the assists in MvC games. Unless its hidden missiles as a gear option. Fuck that assist.

I see though so, thanks for the info guys. I think there's a YT vid out there literally showing the hundreds of infinites, air glitches etc some where lol now that you mention the bullshit vs bullshit rock and such.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't know if they're only gonna increase certain stats or have unique passive effects, but I thought of some broke ones:

Add meter gained per special used

Reduce cooldown time for trait

When clashing, your wager has 1 bar added to it for free

Reduce jump hangtime: if you stack this your jump-ins are the speed of instant airs :DOGE

d3v

SRK
It was the most broken one that people kept playing, but they are all criminally designed games.
MvC1 and X-Men vs. SF were more broken than MvC2. Marvel vs. SF is actually not broken, taking out most of the infinite combo archetypes and othe BS, it's also the one people like the least since it's seen as stale and boring.
If MvC1 is the bar, you're basically saying no fighting game except maybe CFJ has had balance needs in the last 15 years.
CFJ turned out not to be that bad balance wise once the Japanese broke it down.

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
MvC1 and X-Men vs. SF were more broken than MvC2. Marvel vs. SF is actually not broken, taking out most of the infinite combo archetypes and othe BS, it's also the one people like the least since it's seen as stale and boring.
Can confirm. MvSF is the SFV of the Versus series. Not a bad game at all, but one of the first, in my own personal experience that "honest" doesn't always equal "fun" (but everyone has different tastes, and that's a whole 'nother FGC-wide discussion).

XvSF was broken as hell, but it was such a free-for-all system that most of the characters that some stylish, infinite combo variation that it was fun to try to find the dumb stuff and execute that dumb stuff.

MvC1 was broken as hell, but much of that was character-based. To this day, as dumb as "only 8 characters tourney-viable in a 56 char game" MvC2 balance was, people still contend MvC1 was far, far worse, because the broken chars/team were not just broken, but it just wasn't that many, and to do the broken stuff took very, very little execution. I pissed off many people playing my barely ok GWM/WM, and I didn't realize until later that that was damn near the pinnacle of high level play if dual WM was allowed in tourney (to speak nothing of Red Venom...)

That all said, I've been around SRK long enough (even back when it was red) to know that all Capcom FGs could some balancing. UMvC3 is arguably the best Versus game (fight me!) and the balance is by far the best, but the meta of MvC2 was better.

d3v

SRK
Can confirm. MvSF is the SFV of the Versus series. Not a bad game at all, but one of the first, in my own personal experience that "honest" doesn't always equal "fun" (but everyone has different tastes, and that's a whole 'nother FGC-wide discussion).

XvSF was broken as hell, but it was such a free-for-all system that most of the characters that some stylish, infinite combo variation that it was fun to try to find the dumb stuff and execute that dumb stuff.

MvC1 was broken as hell, but much of that was character-based. To this day, as dumb as "only 8 characters tourney-viable in a 56 char game" MvC2 balance was, people still contend MvC1 was far, far worse, because the broken chars/team were not just broken, but it just wasn't that many, and to do the broken stuff took very, very little execution. I pissed off many people playing my barely ok GWM/WM, and I didn't realize until later that that was damn near the pinnacle of high level play if dual WM was allowed in tourney (to speak nothing of Red Venom...)

That all said, I've been around SRK long enough (even back when it was red) to know that all Capcom FGs could some balancing. UMvC3 is arguably the best Versus game (fight me!) and the balance is by far the best, but the meta of MvC2 was better.
This, the Marvel vs. games were all about freedom of expression in terms of finding and creating tech to beat the opposition and this arms race of tech was what drove the scene. MvC2 was simply just the pinnacle of that. Despite the limited number of viable characters (14-16 out of 56), the sheer number of team combinations allowing for distinct play styles really made the game interesting to play and watch at high levels. Even just switching out one character (and changing the order) made a team play really differently.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Any particular moves from marvel you'd like to see available via Gear?
I'd love it if something gave me Cable's 4-shot or grenade as an Injustice 2 gear. Terrific space control moves.

d3v

SRK
Any particular moves from marvel you'd like to see available via Gear?
I'd love it if something gave me Cable's 4-shot or grenade as an Injustice 2 gear. Terrific space control moves.
Just give us Air Hyper Viper Beam.

trufenix

bye felicia

CFJ turned out not to be that bad balance wise once the Japanese broke it down.
putting rules in a choke hold to cull together a functional competitive game is not the same as balance.

braandooon

I don't even know...
- Deathstroke's Promethium Sword
- Batman's Shock Gauntlets

Two things I'd like to see, just don't know what stats they'd have. Hopefully there's trade off with the gears and it doesn't become who has the highest level gear wins.