What's new

Sign here if you are gonna get UMK3 for the DS

Shock said:
Scheisse said:
diablo619 said:
Hell I even managed to run Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy on it and its fun as hell.
Awesome, when was this game released?
and is there going to be an Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy 2?

I'm going to score MK DS as soon as, if not before it hits stores.
I'm, pretty sure he means the Genesis hack.
I'm pretty sure Scheisse is aware. He's the self - proclaimed "Rom - Whore".

megalomaniacvon said:
LOL McShoes, what firmware are you using, first off.

And secondly, without some moderate to annoying modifications, a lot of files aren't proper, mainly sound.
I'm running 1.5 firmware on my psp. It runs smoothly with sound and all with the PSP Genesis emulator.

Not having to buy an DS for it is!

I don't know, not much of a mobile gamer, last portable gaming device I owned was a Gameboy (the big grey one), I loved it, but I was 12 years younger then.

CorrezZio said:
Not having to buy an DS for it is!

I don't know, not much of a mobile gamer, last portable gaming device I owned was a Gameboy (the big grey one), I loved it, but I was 12 years younger then.
Didn't notice you said you didn't have a DS. Whoops.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
megalomaniacvon said:
DS Controls would be kinda ghetto to play UMK3..

I already have to deal with XBox360's controls.. At least it as some sort of a stick.

Ghetto controls? lol I'll still bet it'll be much better then that poor pos excuse for a 360 D-pad control...it's horrible.

But anyway, Ink me down guys :wink:

I'm reserving mine next paycheck and I already have a DS. :D

THE LIST

ButtManV3
DreemerNJ
TimStatic
HammerBash
Frankiebonez
MKK_Hanzo_Hasashi
Schiesse
TheRagingStorm
Lord Psyborg
N1nja Lord
RZP
MKF 30

Come on guys, we can get more than this.[/b]

MKF30

Ok, 12 people. Not bad lol.

Don't worry dude, I'm sure this list will increase dramatically in time. :shock:

just bought my DS Lite today in prep for it, but when i asked the guy at gamestop when it was releasing he seemed surprised to hear that it was coming out on DS, so that doesnt bode well for me

MKF30

Tim Static said:
When is the release date?

Gamestop still says November 14th, but I've heard late October.

Whats the deal?
That's what the guy told me with the gamestop/eb games near me also the other day.

However, I also heard the end of October sometime also so my guess given past MK games or games in general with dates changing from week to week is this.

Date of release is subject to change as far as I'm concerned, it's definitely coming out in Oct, November sometime we know that much lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I would also reccomend anybody with big hands stay away from getting a DS Lite and try and find the original DS. I love my DS Lite, but it feels like I'm double fisting it and it hurts after a while.

Tim Static said:
I would also reccomend anybody with big hands stay away from getting a DS Lite and try and find the original DS. I love my DS Lite, but it feels like I'm double fisting it and it hurts after a while.
i had the same problem at first, but after 10 hours on FFIII my hands have gotten used to it, my only concern is that the buttons are placed so closely together that ill have problems pulling off combos

Tim Static

Adminerator
ixi_wixi said:
my only concern is that the buttons are placed so closely together that ill have problems pulling off combos
Exactly. I need Xhibit to come and PIMP MY DS with a arcade stick and fold hand massagers. 8)

PunXBL

Noob
ixi_wixi said:
Tim Static said:
i had the same problem at first, but after 10 hours on FFIII my hands have gotten used to it, my only concern is that the buttons are placed so closely together that ill have problems pulling off combos
Nah. I've played Bleach DS a lot, which isn't dial-a-combo but still combo heavy(think Marvel, GG). The buttons are fine where they are...unless you got fat fingers.:p

dreemernj

Ambassador
^ I've got big hands and I have accidentally hit all the DS face buttons before, lol.

It's going to be interesting to use, but at least its D-pad is about 37X better than the 360 :roll:

PunXBL said:
ixi_wixi said:
Tim Static said:
Nah. I've played Bleach DS a lot, which isn't dial-a-combo but still combo heavy(think Marvel, GG). The buttons are fine where they are...unless you got fat fingers.:p
i wouldnt say i have fat fingers, but i am 20 and im 6'3'' so i have hands that go along with those age/height groups

MKF30

Yeah, the D-pad thing I knew months ago after playing some SF on the DS compared to UMK3 360 moves....the d-pad sucks...lol

But yeah, actually once you start playing the DS after a while you do get used to it.

If you have large hands, definitely try to find the older one if you don't have one.

Now you want to talk about your hands or fingers hurting...the PSP sucks IMO lol. The way you have to hold that is like holding piece of glass for hours that bends your fingers into extremely uncomfortable positions...

The DS IMO as annoying as it might be is a much better grip over the PSP. My hands were hurting after 5 minutes of playing that thing way back...The DS I felt I had a few options to hold it, unlike the PSP which seems like you have to stretch your hands to hold properly. :roll:

15th of November I believe, I scalped some tickets to the Florida / Georgia game this past weekend so I can definitely afford it :twisted:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have a DS in my possession so I will be taking part and training Dreemer to murder you guys! :twisted: