What's new

Guide - Demolition SidTheHaze's Living Demolition Guide

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

This would be really good, for example, if an opponent blocks B14~DF1 (shock grenade; hold back to keep grenade close to you), but you don't detonate the grenade immediately. You sweep instead and they fall onto the grenade.

Since you're leaving an un-detonated grenade bouncing in their face while they're currently blocking, they're unlikely to attack. Even if they DO attack, you can THEN detonate the grenade to interrupt their reversal or combo. Delayed shock-grenade detonation on block is a great offensive defensive move. It's gimmicky, but it works.

It seems like starting a combo with a sweep before grenade(s) makes the damage scaling more in Sonya's favor.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

This would be really good, for example, if an opponent blocks B14~DF1 (shock grenade; hold back to keep grenade close to you), but you don't detonate the grenade immediately. You sweep instead and they fall onto the grenade.

Since you're leaving an un-detonated grenade bouncing in their face while they're currently blocking, they're unlikely to attack. Even if they DO attack, you can THEN detonate the grenade to interrupt their reversal or combo. Delayed shock-grenade detonation on block is a great offensive defensive move. It's gimmicky, but it works.

It seems like starting a combo with a sweep before grenade(s) makes the damage scaling more in Sonya's favor.
This is super dirty... I love it. Sick tech Scar, great find. Demo is looking better and better as time goes on. Lab monsters like yourself making that possible.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/

If they block your sweep, can you detonate right afterwards to keep your sweep safe?
Also I notice that opponents tend to hold down and block after a string to grenade (maybe because they think the grenade is a low), so you may have to train them to block high in your set. The best part is when they try to hit a button when the grenade is still out, so hold block and then press 1 after they hit a button otherwise you stun them and then you mess up a potential combo by jabbing them out.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
If they block your sweep, can you detonate right afterwards to keep your sweep safe?
Also I notice that opponents tend to hold down and block after a string to grenade (maybe because they think the grenade is a low), so you may have to train them to block high in your set. The best part is when they try to hit a button when the grenade is still out, so hold block and then press 1 after they hit a button otherwise you stun them and then you mess up a potential combo by jabbing them out.
Yes! Safe on block. Timing is essential though or they can armor out of it. You want to detonate the grenade slightly after you sweep.

Keeps her safe on block. They can be punished if they mash out a reversal. Without blocking the sweep, it's a potential 40%+. Fun little gimmicky shit.

Also.....

Anti "Anti Throw" tech.

If they Throw Break, they can eat a full combo. If they don't throw break, they eat a 12% throw. And if they attack (rather than block), detonate the bomb to interrupt them.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I see the Gernades can keep her safe after certain things like the sweep. Is there any way she is plus after any strings with the Gernades timing-wise?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I literally cant think of any reason to use it.
Me either. Why would you ever waste the meter. I'm with you on this one.
Glad I'm not the only one. Unless I'm mistaken, I think it's totally pointless doing enhanced grenades.

Loogaroo

Noob
I'm wondering, is there any combo ender that would lead to safe reloads at the wall?

Also, midscreen, once you run out of grenades, the moves that should give you time for a reload are
f+4 (only in air),
b+3,3 u+4,
b+3,3,2,1,2
1,1, 2~dd+1 (grounded)
ex dd+1
Ex arch kick (gives you a recharge although reptile's slide still hits you)

What would it cost on NR's end to just increase the time it takes for someone to wakeup after 2,1,3,4 or f+4? with no wall reloads, this variation suffers a lot

@edit:

After two days of practice with this character, it seems to me that the corner gives you two (actually three) options, combo wise.

One would be to implement an uppercut in the combo and get about 30-40%, ending your combo midscreen with a safe reload.

the other option would be to spend a bar of meter and all three grenades to get 40-50%.

You'd have to choose between damage or to continue with your poke-spacing game.

The third and worst option is to stop your combo with the electric grenade. That gives you a free recharge but loses you A LOT of damage. I'd only do this if I started a corner combo and only had a single grenade, not being enough for either of the combos above.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Actually, you can safely throw grenades after basic attacks:

Those attacks are:

1) 112;
2) b332;
3) 11.
Any idea what the frame (dis)advantage is like (roughly)? I assume sonya is negative but less than -7 so the opponent can poke back but not punish?

Also, very basic question about demo sonya - if she delays the detonate, does it become safer? I think if she delays right away, there's no gap between the string she canceled from and the grenade, but there is a gap if she delays the detonation. However, I wasn't sure if delaying the detonation changes the advantage on block (i.e., you create a gap but are rewarded with better block advantage)?

Thanks in advance for someone's help... was playing against a good demo for the first time today and didn't really know when it was my turn to press buttons.