What's new

Guide - Demolition SidTheHaze's Living Demolition Guide

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
d4 staggered 50/50? potential 35% or 36% damage.
d4 is +20 on hit. If you cancel it into ex drone, the grenades should be out before the opponent can start blocking. You can do an overhead or a d3 as a 50/50 to a run chase f2 bf4.
There is a very small window where the opponent can armor through after the stagger, but if he does, the 2nd and 3rd grenade will most likely hit the opponent because they blow up after the armor duration is over. Character specific of course, so it's going to need more testing:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Haven't had time to play lately. Just curious if you can use 3 shock grenades in a combo and end with ex-grenade all in one juggle. Maybe you can hit them with the ex-grenades while they're still stunned from the 3rd grenade? Anyone? Also, please tag me in future Sonya threads :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ok in videos can everyone please show their setups working on both tech rolling and non-tech rolling opponents please and against Reptile's EX Slide (or Cassie's Getaway Flip in the corner if you want)? That way there's no question about setups working or not, I find myself being hesitant to believe some stuff because noone does it lol. It's just in case is all :)
Haven't had time to play lately. Just curious if you can use 3 shock grenades in a combo and end with ex-grenade all in one juggle. Maybe you can hit them with the ex-grenades while they're still stunned from the 3rd grenade? Anyone? Also, please tag me in future Sonya threads :)
If you use all your grenades you can't throw another one...

DaZengie

Ok in videos can everyone please show their setups working on both tech rolling and non-tech rolling opponents please and against Reptile's EX Slide (or Cassie's Getaway Flip in the corner if you want)? That way there's no question about setups working or not, I find myself being hesitant to believe some stuff because noone does it lol. It's just in case is all :)

If you use all your grenades you can't throw another one...
In my videos (Post #49 in this thread) it shows against reptile slide from mid-screen. Tech roll OFF. If you turn tech roll ON, he won't even reach you because he rolled backwards.
Same with Cassie in the corner per my video. I was able to block after a reload.

What scar meant is can you do an ex grenade call after using all 3 grenades and connect it in a combo. The answer is yes, but it may not worth it due to difficulty and meter for the damage you can get without spending a meter. Swag as hell though. I've found it to work only on a corner with a wall so far but I need to lab more in order for this to work. I'll upload the video in a bit.

Youphemism

In my videos (Post #49 in this thread) it shows against reptile slide from mid-screen. Tech roll OFF. If you turn tech roll ON, he won't even reach you because he rolled backwards.
Same with Cassie in the corner per my video. I was able to block after a reload.

What scar meant is can you do an ex grenade call after using all 3 grenades and connect it in a combo. The answer is yes, but it may not worth it due to difficulty and meter for the damage you can get without spending a meter. Swag as hell though. I've found it to work only on a corner with a wall so far but I need to lab more in order for this to work. I'll upload the video in a bit.
My point is that you could've just included that in the video in the first place, that way I wouldn't have to wonder and you wouldn't have to tell me lol. I just think it's better to show everything, just in case.

And he said ex grenade, not ex grenade call.

DaZengie

Here's the video:

Please excuse the editing. Labbed and spliced it together in less than an hour.

How to do it: 3 grenades. Need a corner with a wall. Starter > df11 4 df11 late njp df11 exdd1 1, (pause to let 1st grenade hit) 12, etc.

Cons: Not very practical. Uses a bar. Needs a corner with a wall. Combo ending gravity = less juggle potential. Can get similar damage without spending meter. Still need to reload. Timing very tricky. Combo ender depends on when and where the 2nd grenade blows up in your combo.
Pros: Swag?

Need to figure out if this can be done midscreen.
I need to learn this before EVO.
Stoked! See you there!

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary

Youphemism

Here's the video:

How to do it: 3 grenades. Need a corner with a wall. Starter > df11 4 df11 late njp df11 exdd1 1, (pause to let 1st grenade hit) 12, etc.

Cons: Not very practical. Uses a bar. Needs a corner with a wall. Combo ending gravity = less juggle potential. Can get similar damage without spending meter. Still need to reload. Timing very tricky. Combo ender depends on when and where the 2nd grenade blows up in your combo.

Stoked! See you there!

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary
Careful about using 121~DD1, that gets blown up by tech roll....which was my point in my last post.

And why did you tag yourself? Lol

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Here's the video:

Stoked! See you there!

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary
That is pretty dope, I like it. Definitely would not Leg Grab them out of the corner though [unless it was gonna Brutality in the last round] I like the HKD enders, or maybe a 2134 ender, for a splat.

DaZengie

Careful about using 121~DD1, that gets blown up by tech roll....which was my point in my last post.

And why did you tag yourself? Lol
I'm doing this at work so I'm just copying and pasting whatever I can without proofreading. I pretty much pieced this altogether in an hour to see what the possibilities are. Yeah I understand about 121-dd1 being blown up with tech roll. I'll make a more in-depth guide this weekend that covers this.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

Durrrr I didn't phrase my question correctly...lol. I meant: doing an ex-reload (the bouncing grenades from drone thing) while they are still stunned from the second shock grenade.

Ya DaZengie understood my intended point!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®

Quick little combo video I just made. Mid-screen meterless combos up to 45%. Includes a safe mid-screen reload option (B1-DD4 for safe mid-screen reload, B14-DD4 for safe corner reload)

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Is there any way to get a B14 HKD mid-screen? Trying to find ways and B1 always pushes too far
Just to B1-DD1 instead. B1 in a juggle is a HKD :D

EDIT: I was wrong! They can roll and wake-up.. but without the roll, it is safe for a reload.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
d4 staggered 50/50? potential 35% or 36% damage.
d4 is +20 on hit. If you cancel it into ex drone, the grenades should be out before the opponent can start blocking. You can do an overhead or a d3 as a 50/50 to a run chase f2 bf4.
There is a very small window where the opponent can armor through after the stagger, but if he does, the 2nd and 3rd grenade will most likely hit the opponent because they blow up after the armor duration is over. Character specific of course, so it's going to need more testing:

Can the opponent jump after the stagger wears off and avoid the first grenade detonation? Or are they forced to block and take a guess at the 50/50?

DaZengie

Can the opponent jump after the stagger wears off and avoid the first grenade detonation? Or are they forced to block and take a guess at the 50/50?
They can jump but if you do your b1 right after you cancel into ex drone, you should be able to him them in the air. Probably miss with the d3 though. There's a pretty small window where they have to do that, otherwise if they hold block they'll have to eat a 50/50. It's not a guaranteed 50/50 so that's why i said "d4 staggered 50/50?" but it's still nice to pull off when they're not expecting this. You can do d4 cancel to ex grenade drop to run up grab and it'll guarantee the 3 explosions as well.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Stumbled upon something kind of cool. If you are completely outta grenades and do 112 ex-dd1, they absolutely MUST block.

Before the grenades hit, there's definitely time to do a low or overhead.

(low using B4... you get the idea)

Last edited:

DaZengie

Stumbled upon something kind of cool. If you are completely outta grenades and do 112 ex-dd1, they absolutely MUST block.

Before the grenades hit, there's definitely time to do a low or overhead.

(low using B4... you get the idea)
Good shit. Guess that's what the patch did when increasing cancel advantage of that combo. Going to incorporate that in my gameplay then.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Doing the following is pretty much guaranteed afaik, but I have more testing to do:

112 ex-dd1.. after they block or are hit by the first grenade, do a throw. The throw should knock both of you down, but still push them back into the 2nd and 3rd grenades.

Edited to attach video below.

It also seems like, with a little distance, 112 is safe on block. What do you guys think? Does this deserve its own thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmt

Skedar70

Noob
Doing the following is pretty much guaranteed afaik, but I have more testing to do:

112 ex-dd1.. after they block or are hit by the first grenade, do a throw. The throw should knock both of you down, but still push them back into the 2nd and 3rd grenades.

Edited to attach video below.

It also seems like, with a little distance, 112 is safe on block. What do you guys think?
Love it. Boomer combo on hit cancelled into Ex dd1 guarantees the 50/50 follow up? player can't jump and if they armor through it breaks? right? How many startup frames does the 112 have? 7?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
As far as I can tell, yes it does guarantee 50/50 on follow-up; however, I am definitely no expert on frame data. I set the computer to auto-jump and they can NOT jump out of this.

I believe they can only armor out of this after the first grenade hits, but it looks extremely tight.

ALSO - 111 ex-dd1 is safe on block. 111 pushes them back waaay far on block.

In SF, 111-"any drone special" is safe on block too.

Last edited: