What's new

Guide - Demolition SidTheHaze's Living Demolition Guide

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i can get @SidTheHaze combo down on the hori pad FC4 but can't for the life of me get it on DS4...

does anyone know any setups with her that are unpunishable by blockstirng stun?

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Armor still beats both options
if cassie blocks b14 ex grenade call.....you can block an ex reversal cartwheel. though if you hit her the next mixup is garunteed.

if the opponent blocks the first mixup cancelled into ex grenade call then the opponent has more options but they still have to worry about the grenades on the ground.

it definitely requires a certain "read" in order to get combos off of some of your opponents options.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
if cassie blocks b14 ex grenade call.....you can block an ex reversal cartwheel. though if you hit her the next mixup is garunteed.

if the opponent blocks the first mixup cancelled into ex grenade call then the opponent has more options but they still have to worry about the grenades on the ground.

it definitely requires a certain "read" in order to get combos off of some of your opponents options.
Any string into EX Grenade call is interruptable on block. And on hit, you can armor through whatever Sonya does next

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've been looking for it but not found anything yet. I am gonna lab her out tomorrow, working night tonight.
This B14 shit is revolutionary. I'm happy to now be able to do grenade set-ups and grenade reloads in the corner safely. If I can replicate it mid-screen, no doubt Demo Sonya bes Sonya

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Any string into EX Grenade call is interruptable on block. And on hit, you can armor through whatever Sonya does next
just labbed.
on hit only characters with super fast advancing armored specials can punish you for going for a mixup. (buzz saw kung lao ex spin, sub zero slide) slower ex moves or moves that are stationary get blown up. honestly the reality of someone hitting an ex move after getting hit is SUPER improbable but the option is still open.

on block.
if they do a reversal ex move you can block it and depending on the pushback of the move you will still fall in the grenades midscreen.

idk i don't think the gap is too problematic.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
just labbed.
on hit only characters with super fast advancing armored specials can punish you for going for a mixup. (buzz saw kung lao ex spin, sub zero slide) slower ex moves or moves that are stationary get blown up. honestly the reality of someone hitting an ex move after getting hit is SUPER improbable but the option is still open.

on block.
if they do a reversal ex move you can block it and depending on the pushback of the move you will still fall in the grenades midscreen.

idk i don't think the gap is too problematic.
The only safe uninterruptable set-up to EX Grenade Call on block is B332 early cancel xx EX Grenade Call. Everything else is full-combo interuptable with armor.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
The only safe uninterruptable set-up to EX Grenade Call on block is B332 early cancel xx EX Grenade Call. Everything else is full-combo interuptable with armor.
Full combo interruptable? I dont get it. It sounds like your saying any character with an armour launcher can punish sonya when she does b14 ex grenade call which is false....if this isn't what your saying you gotta clarify for me.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Full combo interruptable? I dont get it. It sounds like your saying any character with an armour launcher can punish sonya when she does b14 ex grenade call which is false....if this isn't what your saying you gotta clarify for me.
Ok, I admit I worded it wrong. But if you want clarification I'll get into specifics: B14 xx EX Grenade Call has a 9f gap so any 9f special that has armor and/or advances out of grenade range will punish it. Meaning that the opponent can just run and start offense or, like I said before, jump out and start offense.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Ok, I admit I worded it wrong. But if you want clarification I'll get into specifics: B14 xx EX Grenade Call has a 9f gap so any 9f special that has armor and/or advances out of grenade range will punish it. Meaning that the opponent can just run and start offense or, like I said before, jump out and start offense.
There Is no gap in between b14 xx ex grenade call, you can't punish the move. If your press block afterwards you can't be punished by anything.

No its not a frame trap so if you do a move after you can get hit....nothing is guaranteed. If your blocking though you can definitely react to a crossover jip. Im not sure where you got -9.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There Is no gap in between b14 xx ex grenade call, you can't punish the move. If your press block afterwards you can't be punished by anything.

No its not a frame trap so if you do a move after you can get hit....nothing is guaranteed. If your blocking though you can definitely react to a crossover jip. Im not sure where you got -9.
Because I tested it? Reversal Elbow Dash from Reptile (8f start-up) punishes B14 xx EX Grenade Call. I suggest you try it for yourself and see

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Because I tested it? Reversal Elbow Dash from Reptile (8f start-up) punishes B14 xx EX Grenade Call. I suggest you try it for yourself and see
Ok yeah ive been testing against slide.....my bad. if thats the case so only kung lao and reptile can punish it?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Ok yeah ive been testing against slide.....my bad. if thats the case so only kung lao and reptile can punish it?
Mileena's ball(7frame)
Sub's ex slide(8frame)
Jax(ex gotcha)

I think those are the only ones I think are 8 frames of faster that arent mentioned...I could be wrong though

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
A few things I've confirmed:
1) Ending a midscreen combo with f4 cancel into dd1 it is a safe reload against the entire cast except for balance Kenshi tele-flurry move. I'm 95% sure this is true. I've tested it against teleport characters with both tech roll on and off and they'll never get you in time.
2) Ending a juggle with b14 cancel into dd1 is a safe reload against the entire cast including 6 frame reversals e.g. Cassie's flip kick.

Easiest combo to perform with 3 grenades that end in a safe reload:
low: b332 df11 f2 df11 f2 df11 f4 dd1 > 35%
overhead: b14 df11 f2 df11 f2 df11 f4 dd1 > 32%
7 frame starter: 121 df11 f2 df11 f2 df11 f4 dd1 > 33%
good poking distance: f2 df11 f2 df11 f2 df11 f4 dd1 > 33%

Here are 2 optimal and safe corner reloads I've discovered. I tested a combination of other normals, but these do the same damage and are easier to pull off. The first one does 39% and the second does 38%. The second one is easier to do, so I recommend that. The first one requires some height adjustments and pauses:
starter > df11 4 df11 4 df11 njp b14 dd1

Here are some set ups I came up with. Please give me some feedback. I want you to poke holes in it. I already know the holes but if there's something you can improve, let us know:

1) Wake and bake mindgames - put opponent in the corner. Throw a frag grenade out (this set up only works with frag). Opponent thinks "oh shit, have to block the grenade." You go in for a forward throw. Grenade blows up, knocks both players down. Sonya gets thrown far away from the corner. Opponent thinks "now is my chance to get out of the corner." Activate wake n bake. Opponent walks forward into explosion and they're back in the corner and Sonya reloads:

Loses to: delay wake up, opponent doesn't do anything, opponent jumps. Character specific: teleports, projectiles

2) Starter to above combo I mentioned, except end it in f2 EX dd1. Perform a 50/50 on their wake up. If they guess wrong, you can chase them to the corner and finish it with 12, 12, b14 dd1 for a safe reload (works against 6 frame reversals)

Loses to: delay wake up, reversal right after drone call (character specific. Also risky for the opponent because if they armor wake up, they eat the grenade damage plus a well timed 50/50 will stuff it), jump

3) Same concept as #2. This time chase the opponent to the corner and do 12, 12, 12, 121 ex dd1 and a well timed normal will stuff their wake up. This works on corners with or without walls. All you need is the first grenade to detonate.

Loses to: same as #2 but you will still be at an advantage because they're in the corner.

More tech to come as I figure them out...

Update:

Adding potential 50/50 post to this to consolidate as well:
d4 staggered 50/50? potential 35% or 36% damage.
d4 is +20 on hit. If you cancel it into ex drone, the grenades should be out before the opponent can start blocking. You can do an overhead or a d3 as a 50/50 to a run chase f2 bf4.
There is a very small window where the opponent can armor through after the stagger, but if he does, the 2nd and 3rd grenade will most likely hit the opponent because they blow up after the armor duration is over. Character specific of course, so it's going to need more testing:

@MsMiharo
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie
@MrAquary

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Corner combo I have in my video is less height dependant. Any string on hit into ex drone call > throw is good. If you land the grab you'll get 25% into free reload.