Should I organize an injustice 2 tournament w gear on at evo

• Yes that's hype

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Wahhh People don't want my OP moves to be available in so I insult them SAD

GET SCHOOLED

lol at this dumbass who's saying abilities will 100% not break the game/ make the game balanced when he hasn't even touched the game yet. Get your head out of your ass.

Even in the demo, superman could unlock a full screen tracking AND unblockable super. Pretty sure anyone would consider that pretty op/broke.

We are considering this way too early and should wait till the game comes out.

You have a very short memory. I remember when the variation system was announced, most people were screaming that it would be very poorly balanced and we then got the most balanced nrs game to date.....after multiple patches almost 2 years later.
Lol you just proved my point. Good job dumbass My point was we should wait till game comes out

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol at this dumbass who's saying abilities will 100% not break the game/ make the game balanced when he hasn't even touched the game yet. Get your head out of your ass.

Even in the demo, superman could unlock a full screen tracking AND unblockable super. Pretty sure anyone would consider that pretty op/broke.

We are considering this way too early and should wait till the game comes out.

You have a very short memory. I remember when the variation system was announced, most people were screaming that it would be very poorly balanced and we then got the most balanced nrs game to date.....after multiple patches almost 2 years later.
Lol learn how to read. Where did I say I was 100% sure abilities would not be op. All I said is were jumping the gun and should wait till the game drops. Lol what a dumbass you just proved my point But given your track record, I'm not surprised

Lol learn how to read. Where did I say I was 100% sure abilities would not be op. All I said is were jumping the gun and should wait till the game drops. Lol what a dumbass you just proved my point But given your track record, I'm not surprised
Lol learn how to read. Where did I say I was 100% sure abilities would not be op. All i said was we're jumping the gun and should wait till the game drops. Lol what a dumbass you just proved my point but given your track record....oh wait you dont have one.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What? Gear? U mad?! That is puking most unbalansed thing in all NRS gaming history, even variations of MKX was not too unbalansed.
Gear only for casuals play, it kills competetive and balance
Do you even know about tag team mode in MK9? I doubt anything would out-break that.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm pro tournament, cause I think gear is neat but the question nobody's asking is whose in charge of these loadouts?

E

Eldriken

What? I just said that variations were not the thing which "balanced" MKX. Did I mention MK9 or Injustice anywhere?
Well, you said "NRS game", so I figured you were speaking about the other two games they made since balance was involved.

My mistake.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Uhh he's not saying that. You got guys in here saying, and I quote, that gear is "the most unbalansed thing in all NRS gaming history, even variations of MKX was not too unbalanced. Gear only for casuals play, it kills competetive and balance"

dribirut just said it how it is, you guys are whining about something being OP when NONE OF US KNOW

anyone saying that he said gear will be 100% balanced is putting words in his mouth, that's retarded he clearly didn't say that. On the flip side of the coin, people absolutely said gear will be more unbalanced than the regular game, which you do not know. Almost a guarantee that its all gonna be completely unbalanced on release anyway

Last edited:

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Personally, I'd say only customize abilities and the gear stock. It would also speed up the time between games if they only look for abilities and no gear

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I like this idea.

I have a question, though: are loadouts independent of the gear stats(+damage, +defense, ect...)? I'm guessing yes, but I'm curious.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
If CEO can do a Test Your Luck side tournament, I don't see why Pig can't do an additional moves side tournament. (I voted no before reading the OP lol).

But to have gear (unlocked moves) in actual tournament play would be dumb imo. Every system would need every move unlocked and imagine having to disclose to your opponent before every match what move you're using because there's no way of knowing otherwise. We can't go into a tournament match and find out on the fly that someone has a completely different move. It's not like the variation system.

That's not even considering whether or not the moves are balanced/broke.

Last edited:
Uhh he's not saying that. You got guys in here saying, and I quote, that gear is "the most unbalansed thing in all NRS gaming history, even variations of MKX was not too unbalanced. Gear only for casuals play, it kills competetive and balance"

dribirut just said it how it is, you guys are whining about something being OP when NONE OF US KNOW

anyone saying that he said gear will be 100% balanced is putting words in his mouth, that's (soap bar in my mouth) he clearly didn't say that. On the flip side of the coin, people absolutely said gear will be more unbalanced than the regular game, which you do not know. Almost a guarantee that its all gonna be completely unbalanced on release anyway
Do you think that we should use gear in tournament?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
they dont

edit: but when has a lack of knowledge ever stopped TYM from complaining about something being OP
I haven't been following anything really in regards to Injustice 2. The way people are talking like they've already experienced everything about the gear system or know exactly how they all work and tie into balance, I figured there was a lot of info or something I must have missed.

It seems as though this isn't the case. So either these people have some esoteric knowledge or they're theory fighting once again with no real substance.

I'm keeping an open mind. If it can add another layer of depth, and more importantly FUN for both the players and viewers, dismissing it prematurely is a bit imprudent in my opinion. Competitive players tend to forget that fun is a much bigger factor than they think for the longevity of a game.

I mean, I understand the hesitiation and skepticism, I'm always skeptical especially with things like this. But it's one thing to be skeptical, it's another thing to attempt to adumbrate how the gear system will actually affect the meta without even being congizant of exactly what the gear entails.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I haven't been following anything really in regards to Injustice 2. The way people are talking like they've already experienced everything about the gear system or know exactly how they all work and tie into balance, I figured there was a lot of info or something I must have missed.

It seems as though this isn't the case. So either these people have some esoteric knowledge or they're theory fighting once again with no real substance.

I'm keeping an open mind. If it can add another layer of depth, and more importantly FUN for both the players and viewers, dismissing it prematurely is a bit imprudent in my opinion. Competitive players tend to forget that fun is a much bigger factor than they think for the longevity of a game.

I mean, I understand the hesitiation and skepticism, I'm always skeptical especially with things like this. But it's one thing to be skeptical, it's another thing to attempt to adumbrate how the gear system will actually affect the meta without even being congizant of exactly what the gear entails.
You nailed it, but careful, but apparently saying this means you are declaring that gear will be 100% balanced. So, get your head out of your ass dumbass etc, I guess?

Redk9

Noob
Obviously this side tournament will only exist in the case that gear will be banned from the primary tournament. That makes it appropriate for people to discuss gear moves from a general balance perspective.

I didn't bother practicing with the gear moves in the beta, but It seems like people are writing off the potential benefits they can bring due to fear of change. We have to wait until the game is closer to being released before we can know if they are unbalanced, and thus know if a side tournament will be plausible. But hypothetically speaking I'd support the side tournament

Solignac

Noob
Hey just logged in to give my two cents, im not going to evo but i think any additional tournaments would be great.

I feel like it's tough to say because i don't know how easy it is to get the gear to actually be able to use it. Some people might have shit RNG and not get the gear that grants moves for a while so they wont be able to practice like someone who got it quicker. It might be fun to watch but i feel like itd be more of a fun thing rather than a test of skill since the odds are stacked different depending on when you unlocked the gear

I wasnt in the beta so idk if you get it right away and i could be completely wrong

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This post has nothing do with the side tourney because I know that's all fun and games but a side note on the gear affecting balance

Batman could do slide and MB it for a full combo launcher with his eletric batarang abilties. Hit confirmable launching low special is what Batman needs right. Would that be balanced out by Bane and his 4 hit 1 bar 70% combo from jabs shown on that watchtower stream? Superman had instant air straight lasers and MB Heat zap. Stfu about let's give abilities a chance garbage pls I wouldnt want shit like that in the game no matter how "balanced" you imagine it could be Or how many harmless ones there are like Bane's grab animation changes. If you want stuff like thats it's what online party mode is for. These are just somethings I can remember right now I'm sure it'll be worse and that they don't have competitive balance in mind when coming up with these at all.

lul at trusting nrs to balance this really come on. Get mad at them and not people who don't want trash like unblockable superman supers in the game

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
To get back on topic, seeing Captain Mario in this side tourney would be hilarious and I fully support that.