What's new

Should Throw Teching be Adjusted?

Would you like Throw Techs to be Adjusted? (You can't change your vote)

• Yes (Share how)

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only real nerf I think that throws need is that you should be able to attempt to tech them whilst blocking. Also, ideally successfully teching a throw shouldn't lead to your opponent still getting the first hit bonus anyway, but that's not too common an occurrence, so I've learned to live with that.

Otherwise they're completely fine.

Espio

Kokomo
You shouldn't be trying to tech throws. I really hope for the day that people realize that teching makes you still take damage and get nothing out of the deal.

You read a throw, neutral duck and punish, jump out and punish/pressure or armor especially if your armor is safe or launches, that's how you blow up throws correctly.

You tech, you lose no matter what. Throws are fine. The only thing I would change about throws is that if someone techs a throw, they should get first hit bonus for being right, not the opponent who went for the grab.

I think they're fine as is. But maybe make forward throws do less damage than backward throws? That would nerf corner pressure somewhat while keeping their value in midscreen or as an escape tool.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I mean just duck bro.
You shouldn't be trying to tech throws. I really hope for the day that people realize that teching makes you still take damage and get nothing out of the deal.

You read a throw, neutral duck and punish, jump out and punish/pressure or armor especially if your armor is safe or launches, that's how you blow up throws correctly.

You tech, you lose no matter what. Throws are fine. The only thing I would change about throws is that if someone techs a throw, they should get first hit bonus for being right, not the opponent who went for the grab.
Never tech, duck and whiff punish.
I'm sorry but this is not an option when you're stuck in hit-stun or getting combo'd.

Teching is viable, just not properly rewarded. You should not take 2% from making a right read or in some cases eat a full combo.

I hate to compare to other fighting games but generally a teched throw forces both players back into the neutral without punishment to either players. And it should be that way IMO.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
The 50/50 on which way to tech needs to go and that comes from me who plays Balanced Kenshi (yuck) and my only real mixup is a low or a throw.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You guys do know that throws beating low pokes is normal in fighting games right?
That would make sense if throws hit mid. Look at Soul Calibur, Throws in that game work pretty much exactly like in this game (except crouch blocking also makes them whiff) so low-profiling them makes sense. It should apply to this game as well.

You know what isn't normal in fighting games? Overheads whiffing on crouching characters.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Throw doesn't give hard knockdown on hit either.

Always tech for forward throw if you're in the corner, always tech for back throw if your opponent is cornered, that is saying the least, because if you read a throw, you should just crouch and whiff punish it.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I feel like something should change but im not sure what.i dont wanna lose how strong they are cause its really good. I play kano(cyber) so losing the strength of grabs is something i dont want lost. But when im facing someone with strong rundown i don't want to get between a string with alot of chip or a grab when im about to die. It sucks

vicious1024

Does it matter?
If I could change throws:
  • I'd remove 50/50 throws.
  • Make them techable with 1+3/throw button.
  • Make them techable while blocking. However, if you attempt to tech, you will be released from block and initiate the throw animation.
  • Remove the ability to tech throws during the startup frames of any action.
  • Increase startup by 1-2 frames and decrease recovery to compensate.
  • Increase damage to 14%.
The goal is to make teching throws a reaction rather than a guess, but to increase the effectiveness of frame traps to compensate.

Changing the inputs keeps players from accidentally teching while mashing out of pressure. This also means that you will whiff a throw for trying to tech one, making frame traps and tech baiting more effective.

Increasing the startup makes them more reactable, while increasing the damage keeps them threatening.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm sorry but this is not an option when you're stuck in hit-stun or getting combo'd.

Teching is viable, just not properly rewarded. You should not take 2% from making a right read or in some cases eat a full combo.

I hate to compare to other fighting games but generally a teched throw forces both players back into the neutral without punishment to either players. And it should be that way IMO.
That's wrong tho, throws whiff if you are in hitstun, and if you aren't in hitstune, the throw will whiff on anyone holding down even if you nail it to the frame. You cannot connect a throw, unless your opponent could neutral duck it.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I think they should slightly change the animation of a back throw from a forward throw to you a wee chance to tech the throw. Apart from that I think throws are fine if you think their going to throw just neutral crouch and punish

I agree that throw need to change. The problem is if they nerf throw it will shit on characters that dont have or have weak 50 50s. I guess maybe they can tech while blocking but reduce the window so you cant tech spam. Or buff characters that over reliant with throw and nerf throw. Myb give them overheads or more plus frames

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'd get rid of tech'd throws activating the first hit bonus. Any thing more than that and you'd have to change MKx on a fundamental level imo. Like it or not MKx is the way it is and while I'd like for a different throw game. A different meter game. and other things, to change it would probably mean some other changes have to happen to. Although, I do like where @vicious1024 is going.

Lol I wish people would try to neutral duck my throws after fbrc pressure. Trying to guess when I'm going to throw after taking my pressure is what i live for lol
Lui Kang player wants me to guess neutral duck during blockstrings. . . . worst part is I probably should. . . . . MKx.
That's wrong tho, throws whiff if you are in hitstun, and if you aren't in hitstune, the throw will whiff on anyone holding down even if you nail it to the frame. You cannot connect a throw, unless your opponent could neutral duck it.
I figured he meant throws during combos. Like grabbing someone after you launch them.