What's new

General/Other - Takeda Should Takeda's Teleport be a Universal Move?

Should Takeda's teleport be a universal move?

• Total voters

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Hell no, the less homogeneous we make the variations the better.
I respect that. Wanting more diversity in everyone's variations is completely understandable. I wish everyone here would provide reason along with opinion.

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
wh

What is this supposed to mean?

I legitimately learned something today. I have no desire to use this character, never fought any variation of him other than SR, and don't claim to know anything about what he does/doesnt need, as I'm in no position to do so.

I've 'struggled' maining Kitana since day one. I know all about useless variations and the frustration of feeling like your character is incomplete.

I simply stated a fact
Haha! Sorry. The first part of that was left over in the clipboard and wasn't meant to be sent to you directly. Just ignore it. To you, I was just was just saying that there's an obvious reason why you're never played against the other two variations. They're booty without teleport. Lol!

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I'm definitely for lasher buffs because I want more footsie oriented characters viable instead of relentless pressure characters in top 8 but the game engine is against them. I don't necessarily think it should be in the form of teleport because I don't want more crazy mobility characters or characters be good because soley mobility because that hurts my dreams and that is admitting the zoning/spacing war defeat. I would pretty much support any buff to his sim limb normals or specials.

I was going to say better backdashes, and it would still help all his variations but that wouldn't stop shirai ryu from the best variation flat out.

Actually whip strike sees kinda dooks, just give that move no hurbox for a godlike aa and bam footsies are viable.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Haha! Sorry. The first part of that was left over in the clipboard and wasn't meant to be sent to you directly. Just ignore it. To you, I was just was just saying that there's an obvious reason why you're never played against the other two variations. They're booty without teleport. Lol!
They're booty butt cheek without teleport, get it right you scrub, even though that name has nothing to do with this conversation.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
The takeda community has officially gone full retard. I denounce every one of you.
Why don't you just make his b2,1 5 frames while your at it? Or how about you get one hit of armor for no meter on regular kunai? I'm so embarrassed of the takeda community right now. (I main takeda btw)
Ok let's dial it down a bit.. No one is asking for anything as ridiculous as a 5 frame b21.. That would be ludicrous. Teleport cancels are interruptible in Shirai Ryu if the Takeda player decides to only pressure never block he gets busted. Everyone should be comfortable with how Takeda's teleport works by now so it's not as if you're breaking the game or anything.. At least not in my mind. Do you feel as if asking for teleport across all variations will break the character? If so give reasons why.

Even if you do we can still suggest ways to normalize other tools but teleport across all variations is literally the only thing I can think of that would save this character. JIK ~air teleport combo links could fix the issues everyone's having with damage in lasher and ronin. If that damage seems too crazy there's no reason you couldn't nerf something else.

More than anything Takeda needs the teleport for mobility. If we can't agree on anything I KNOW we can agree that mobility is what Ronin and Lasher lack. Takeda's walk, and run speeds are trash. The tornado kick is hella unsafe and doesn't track. In ronin he lacks the range that warranted his slow walk speed and slow normals. He literally has to throw his weapon on the ground to zone effectively in Ronin.. Like wtf..

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Ok let's dial it down a bit.. No one is asking for anything as ridiculous as a 5 frame b21.. That would be ludicrous. Teleport cancels are interruptible in Shirai Ryu if the Takeda player decides to only pressure never block he gets busted. Everyone should be comfortable with how Takeda's teleport works by now so it's not as if you're breaking the game or anything.. At least not in my mind. Do you feel as if asking for teleport across all variations will break the character? If so give reasons why.

Even if you do we can still suggest ways to normalize other tools but teleport across all variations is literally the only thing I can think of that would save this character. JIK ~air teleport combo links could fix the issues everyone's having with damage in lasher and ronin. If that damage seems too crazy there's no reason you couldn't nerf something else.

More than anything Takeda needs the teleport for mobility. If we can't agree on anything I KNOW we can agree that mobility is what Ronin and Lasher lack. Takeda's walk, and run speeds are trash. The tornado kick is hella unsafe and doesn't track. In ronin he lacks the range that warranted his slow walk speed and slow normals. He literally has to throw his weapon on the ground to zone effectively in Ronin.. Like wtf..
No offense but I just think you and the guys who agree w wanting this are simply playing the character wrong.

Lasher is good in some match ups. Just like ronin. Also ronin rushdown is ridiculous once it gets going.

This "buff" is unwarranted especially when teleport gives you 0 mobility. If youre fighting someone who "knows the match up" they will punish every single air teleport whiff.

If u want the teleport, play SR.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I think there should be a buff but not a universal teleport.

Thats a lazy buff and shiray rye would be completely useless.
Having SR be completely useless in comparison is better than having two practically useless. Ronin is maybe defendable.

Wigy

There it is...
No offense but I just think you and the guys who agree w wanting this are simply playing the character wrong.

Lasher is good in some match ups. Just like ronin. Also ronin rushdown is ridiculous once it gets going.

This "buff" is unwarranted especially when teleport gives you 0 mobility. If youre fighting someone who "knows the match up" they will punish every single air teleport whiff.

Any footage of that ridiculous rushdown?

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda

It's a gimmick, sure, but when someone wiffs a projectile and commits to another, jump in air teleport is great for closing distance. You're probably not gunna punish the projectile that way but when they try to poke and you NJP or they try to block and you pressure it becomes a mind game in and of itself.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
Have you ever once in your life landed 44 in game at the start of a combo.
In a matter of fact, yes I do.
If you are walking towards your opponent and trying to simply hit them with 44, well yeah... I can understand why you've never seen it in your life.

Wigy

There it is...
If you are walking towards your opponent and trying to simply hit them with 44, well yeah... I can understand why you've never seen it in your life.
Unless you have a guaranteed punish like quan chi's trance or something you KNOW your JIP will land, this string should be avoided.

I have watched red raptor play at least 20 games, i have yet to see him use it outside combos (which he started with a different string)

Its not a BNB combo because you're not using the string outside of 100% guaranteed punishes. Its a high damage punishing combo, not a BNB

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
Unless you have a guaranteed punish like quan chi's trance or something you KNOW your JIP will land, this string should be avoided.

I have watched red raptor play at least 20 games, i have yet to see him use it outside combos (which he started with a different string)

Its not a BNB combo because you're not using the string outside of 100% guaranteed punishes. Its a high damage punishing combo, not a BNB
I am missing the part where I say it's a BNB and it's not a hard punish... oh well, I guess it's just me.

I do apologies in that case!

SS_RedShadow

I lost because of Player 1 advantage.
Well unless you are playing against a noob who doesn't know how to block a Jump in punch. you will not land the 44. It's too slow on start up. I hate the that people keep using it in combo videos like it's an actual viable opener. It's not. You can only land it on punish to moves that are -20 or even more on block